No announcement yet.

Brandy & Monica - The Boy Is Mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAIIITTTT at that user above clocking the MESS out of someone.

"Put that magic marker away gurlll"

OMG I'm dyiing.
    Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Haha! Lol... this had made quite a big booom back in a day! ... so many people would gossip about this song and its video! Btw, it was indeed a smart song handled brilliantly by both vocalists. Brings back memories of being a youngster again
      Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

Originally posted by biscuits
        I only like to listen to this song loudly. That's when it sounds best. It just doesn't sound good if it is at a low volume.
        I love the bass here! It indeed sounds so good loud or with headphones!

Comment

Love this song. But Brandy's stans always like to pay Monica dust I don't know why but they just do. Always saying she rode off of Brandy's coat tail. Never understood that.

Comment

Originally posted by Controlfreak
            Love this song. But Brandy's stans always like to pay Monica dust I don't know why but they just do. Always saying she rode off of Brandy's coat tail. Never understood that.
            True. Brandy stans are so arrogant.

Monica has had more #1s in the U.S. (3 in 1998!)

Comment

Originally posted by biscuits
              True. Brandy stans are so arrogant.

Monica has had more #1s in the U.S. (3 in 1998!)
              A little arrogant at times for me. They don't realize Brandy fell off in the 2000's after Full Moon.

Comment

I think it's because they had the same structure for the Never Say Never and The Boy Is Mine albums as well. They both had Diane Warren ballads, they both had David Foster produced remakes, and of course, the R&B jams!

Comment

I think it's because they had the same structure for the Never Say Never and The Boy Is Mine albums as well. They both had Diane Warren ballads, they both had David Foster produced remakes, and of course, the R&B jams!

Comment

Still there's no need for them to be arrogant. I'm a Brandy fan/stan but I'm not delusional in the 2000's Brandy fell off. She had no real big singles except for What About Us. With every album she released during that decade (2000-2009) her album sales dwindle.

Comment

^But while that happened, Brandy became critically acclaimed. Monica isn't. Brandy is still a bit more known than Monica. Monica just might be more liked (musically). But Brandy actually had a decent hit song her last album and Monica didn't. They're about the same.
                      Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

They're both flops now but if we're looking at acclaim, I think Monica had her recent "shining monent" with Still Standing, while Brandy has had her last "shining moment" critically with Afrodisiac but that was considered more of a flop unlike Still Standing which was seen more as a success.

Comment

Originally posted by ThaInfo1
                          ^But while that happened, Brandy became critically acclaimed. Monica isn't. Brandy is still a bit more known than Monica. Monica just might be more liked (musically). But Brandy actually had a decent hit song her last album and Monica didn't. They're about the same.
                          Yeah Brandy was always more critically acclaimed than Monica and well more known internationally. However on the music front, Monica this decade has at least scored a gold album and two big R&B hits. Brandy has only managed to have a hit this decade and it had been 10 years since she had a hit on the R&B chart her last hit was What About Us. Brandy is/was so used to winning she doesn't know what it feels like to fail. Hell, she still define success with album sales and accolades. I'm like girl those days are over. Just make music for the love of yours fans.

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack
                            They're both flops now but if we're looking at acclaim, I think Monica had her recent "shining monent" with Still Standing, while Brandy has had her last "shining moment" critically with Afrodisiac but that was considered more of a flop unlike Still Standing which was seen more as a success.
                            Yeah they are. But Brandy was even more a bigger flop in my opinion during the 2000's decade. At least Monica this decade is somewhat relevant scoring a gold album and a No.1 R&B hit. Brandy is just now becoming relevant again thanks to her endeavours i.e. Broadway, Zoe Moon, Empire,etc and Jeff Robinson.

Comment

This song reminds me of high school and girls dancing round the popular boy singing the boy is mine bitch.
                              The Emancipation of Jack Daniels

Comment

The Club Remix
                                That into. The bass. That outro.

Pure perfection

Anyone remember this official single with this song and Mojo Lady?

[youtube:gtzk435q]cjGdx8jVV7o[/youtube:gtzk435q]
                                | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Originally posted by ThaInfo1
                                  I actually think monica is more known now than brandy well at least in the urban world. Album wise in the 90's brandy sold more than monica but monica had more single success than brandy in the 90's imo. Then in the 2000s they both had a similar run and in the 2010's I think Monica has a slight edge in the music world but in terms of brand brandy still has her beat and probably always will simply because brandy has always been more diverse than monica.

Comment

In Monica's defense she only wanted to sing and be a singer anyway. She never wanted venture into other opportunities like the other three.

Comment

Monica was bigger worldwide in terms of singles, a lot of people know her old songs like "For You I Will", and of course, "Angel of Mine" was so huge! If only she released "Right Here Waiting" properly, she could have been a lot bigger. Her voice works well with Diane Warren and David Foster songs.

Comment

Monica's singles worldwide weren't massive. Her singles were only massively successful in the United States. Her biggest international single is The Boy Is Mine.

Comment

Monica's singles worldwide weren't massive. Her singles were only massively successful in the United States. Her biggest international single is The Boy Is Mine.
                                          People know her song from Space Jam and "Angel of Mine" was quite popular too.

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack
                                            People know her song from Space Jam and "Angel of Mine" was quite popular too.
                                            Yeah in the United States. Those two singles weren't that successful worldwide.

Comment

I can't think of any duet after this, that was a massive hit? :-?
                                              This is her international signature song.
                                              | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Originally posted by preyan
                                                I can't think of any duet after this, that was a massive hit? :-?
                                                This is her international signature song.
                                                BIM is a full-on duet in its purest form, an even exchange of verses, which is scarce these days. All the rap features on tons of songs and hook features on tons of rap songs aren't really duets, but kinda qualify on some technical level. Here's a few of each that were big hits in the US:

No Air - Chris Brown/Jordin Sparks
                                                My Boo - Usher/Alicia Keys

Dilemma - Nelly/Kelly Rowland
                                                Empire State of Mind - Jay Z/Alicia Keys
                                                Baby Boy - Beyonce/Sean Paul
                                                I'm Real - Jennifer Lopez/Ja Rule

Comment

An eternal classic, I don't think I'll ever grow tired of hearing this.
                                                  [youtube:2l1n1an8]X3172w_Q-RQ[/youtube:2l1n1an8]
                                                  Originally posted by Kaloki
                                                  I don't understand why WBT still isn't at #1 tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldmoney
                                                    I don't think I'll ever grow tired of hearing this.
                                                    ˇEh, mamá!
                                                    Me quiero matar
                                                    El mundo se va a la mierda
                                                    Y no he hecho nada

Comment

Working...
                                                    X