Brandy & Monica - The Boy Is Mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brandy & Monica | The Boy Is Mine

First time hearing the solo demo. Have always wanted to hear it so thanks for posting.

The stripped back instrumental is nice but there’s too much layering of vocals, it wouldn’t have worked as a solo song.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guru
      Is this possibly the official demo version with only BranBran?

[youtube:1jic39da]fYf6G2MO49U[/youtube:1jic39da]
      So to my surprise, I bought this CD and it features the Brandy only version

It’s a very chilled CD with all of the urban club classics! Seriously worth checking out and buying.
      All versions are reworked and acoustic. Well, most!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stripped-Acous ... dpSrc=srch
      | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• I think this only became big WW because of the orchestra backdrop. EU loves its classical influences.
        Originally posted by beredy

When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT, GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney
          I think this only became big WW because of the orchestra backdrop. EU loves its classical influences.

EU is not the world
          | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Re: Brandy & Monica | The Boy Is Mine

For an R&B song, it might as well be

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT, GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• I love mashups

[youtube:1oxrjyd5]3ILpMcX_6q8[/youtube:1oxrjyd5]

Comment

• Since this song has come up in some discussions I thought, let's bump this one!

The first Brandy song I heard on the radio as a kid. I immediatly fell for for her voice, her tone especially. Didn't much care about Monica funny enough...it was always about Brandy.
                I remember a few weeks after hearing it standing in the recordstore and having to choose between Britney's "One more time" and Brandy's "Never say never" and my mom was like "I think this Brandy girl is more your thing" lol.
                She was right ofcourse. I bought that album and was stanning this woman for years and years.
                The long gaps became a bit tiring eventually and I can't believe her last album is 2/11...it seems so long ago.
                I have to say though, every single album she released has been a winner, my favorite is prolly "Full Moon" but the magic from "Never say Never" has not been recaptured somehow.
                "Lift up your head
                Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

• It was only uploaded last week?

Comment

• | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Originally posted by Preyoncé View Post
                      Is this possibly the official demo version with only BranBran?

Comment

• When ghetto R&B went global.

Y’all know Hejira was low key rooting for Goonica tho.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                          When ghetto R&B went global.

Y’all Hejira was low key rooting for Goonica tho.
                          I was rooting for Monica???? Chile....what have you been smoking.
                          "Lift up your head
                          Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

Working...
                          X