Britney Spears - ...Baby One More Time [album]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Legendary

[tweet:llajnktl]https://twitter.com/RIAA/status/951855561666162688[/tweet:llajnktl]
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• "...Baby One More Time" was released 20 (!!!) years ago today!

...Baby One More Time is the debut studio album by American singer Britney Spears. It was released on January 12, 1999 through Jive Records.In June 1997, while Spears negotiated with manager Lou Pearlman to join female pop group Innosense, her mother asked family friend and entertainment lawyer Larry Rudolph for his opinion and submitted a tape of Spears singing over a Whitney Houston karaoke song. Rudolph decided to pitch her to record labels, sending them a demo tape with an unused song from Toni Braxton. Jive was interested and appointed the singer to work with producer Eric Foster White. After hearing the recorded material, Jive signed Spears to a multi-album deal.
      -Debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200 with first-week sales of 121,000 copies
      -Topped the Billboard 200 for 6 non-consecutive weeks
      -23,725,000 copies sold worldwide
      -10th best-selling female album of all time (worldwide)
      -Made Britney the youngest female in Billboard history to have a simultaneous single and album at number one in the same week
      -Best-selling album by a teenage solo artist
      -Peaked at #1 in 7 countries (Austria, Belgium, Canada, Germany, Greece, Switzerland, US)
      -Spawed two #1 hits in the UK ("...Baby One More Time", "Born to Make You Happy")
      -Spawed four global hits ("...Baby One More Time, "Sometimes, "(You Drive Me) Crazy", "Born to Make You Happy")
      -10th highest certified album of the 1990s decade, 4th by a female artist (14x Platinum)
      -Sold over 1 million copies in the US, UK and Canada
      -Sold over half a million copies in France, Germany, and Japan
      "...Baby One More Time" was the best-selling single of 1999 in the UK and Belgium
      -"...Baby One More Time" sold over 36,700,000 records worldwide
      -NPR included the album on their "150 Greatest Albums Made By Women" list in 2017

The album has over 1,000,000,000 streams across all streaming platforms!

Happy 20th anniversary to this iconic album that launched the career of one of the best-selling artists of all time and changed the face of pop music forever!

Such a feel good, underrated album
      [youtube:2ugrfa20]IcVNx1VxJ2Y[/youtube:2ugrfa20]

Comment

• It's twenty years old today! I can't believe it!

I can still remember the exact day I first bought the cassette tape in 1999!

Comment

• How Britney Spears Changed Pop With ‘Baby One More Time’

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack
            It's twenty years old today! I can't believe it!

But CDs were a big thing and affordable then. Why a cassette!?
            | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Originally posted by Guru
              Originally posted by GetBack
              It's twenty years old today! I can't believe it!

But CDs were a big thing and affordable then. Why a cassette!?
              CDs were so expensive for me at the time. I was only in elementary school.

Comment

• Amazing read! Rolling Stone is always on point with their Britney articles.

Comment

• [tweet:36ug1w10]https://twitter.com/RollingStone/status/1084098956232220673[/tweet:36ug1w10]
                  [tweet:36ug1w10]https://twitter.com/Spotify/status/1084117800652697600[/tweet:36ug1w10]
                  [tweet:36ug1w10]https://twitter.com/vmas/status/1084102702320107520[/tweet:36ug1w10]
                  [tweet:36ug1w10]https://twitter.com/billboard/status/1084087629770117120[/tweet:36ug1w10]

And the queen has spoken
                  [tweet:36ug1w10]https://twitter.com/britneyspears/status/1084152409255866368[/tweet:36ug1w10]

Comment

• So young, so precious, so talented. This was the genesis of a superstar.
                    Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [90-86]

Comment

• I was born in 1995, so I can't believe there was a time where Britney was a debuting artist. She has always been a superstar. Even if she never released another thing, she has such a strong back catalogue.

Comment

• Listening to the original Crazy... wow the Stop! single remix gives it a little bit more bite/energy. Its a bit like the more basic mix versions of What a Girl Wants and Come On Over from Xtina's debut.
                        UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

• Happy Anniversary to one of the most iconic pop albums of all time!

There are 3 killer singles in this album ("Baby One More Time", "You Dirve Me Crazy" and "Born To Make You Happy") and some stunning album cuts (such as "I Will Be There", "Deep In My Heart" and "Autumn Goodbye").
                          Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Honestly, this is my least favorite Britney album. I love the singles and ”I Will Be There“. I like the other songs as well (except for ”I Will Still Love You”, horrible song ) but I don’t listen to them that much or I have to be in the right mood to listen to them. But the album was one year before my time so...

But the impact that this album had/has and its sales are unbelievable
                            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• It's the kind of album you will love if you experienced the era. It was a guilty pleasure for many. It's difficult to love it now considering Britney is not the same teeny bopper artist anymore.

Comment

• I gave it a listen a while ago, after probably more than a decade since I last listen to to the whole thing. It wasn't as bad as I remembered. The singles + I Will Be There are of course, amazing, but the rest of the tracks are pretty good as well. Not great, but enjoyable. Soda Pop is the definite guilty pleasure of this album.

Comment

• Originally posted by omerda View Post
                                  I gave it a listen a while ago, after probably more than a decade since I last listen to to the whole thing. It wasn't as bad as I remembered. The singles + I Will Be There are of course, amazing, but the rest of the tracks are pretty good as well. Not great, but enjoyable. Soda Pop is the definite guilty pleasure of this album.
                                  I have always love Soda Pop! It's so goofy!
                                  Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by omerda View Post
                                    I gave it a listen a while ago, after probably more than a decade since I last listen to to the whole thing. It wasn't as bad as I remembered. The singles + I Will Be There are of course, amazing, but the rest of the tracks are pretty good as well. Not great, but enjoyable. Soda Pop is the definite guilty pleasure of this album.
                                    This is how I‘d describe my relationship to this album. But a decade? Damn.
                                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• This gem:

Comment

• I just bought a CD version of this! I got the Japanese version with all the bonus tracks.

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                                          I just bought a CD version of this! I got the Japanese version with all the bonus tracks.
                                          It’s so weird they sell the Japanese versions of her first four albums in stores here. Couldn’t they do that with her newer albums as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                            It’s so weird they sell the Japanese versions of her first four albums in stores here. Couldn’t they do that with her newer albums as well?
                                            How I wish I can get a Japanese version of Blackout!

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                                              How I wish I can get a Japanese version of Blackout!

I have that. It is one of my prized collections together with Beyoncé IASF Japanese edition.
                                              | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Was Somegheys really the best second single?
                                                Originally posted by beredy
                                                When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                                  Was Somegheys really the best second single?
                                                  It's quite classic / vintage Britney for sure but IMO it was a very weak follow-up to the epic great debut and lead single ("BOMT").

However I do like the way they handled this era which ended in a US Diamond certification and a global +20million selling album. Whatever they did it clearly worked and brought results

Comment

• There was no way that any single from Britney's debut can follow up the juggernaut impact of "...Baby One More Time".

"Sometimes" was a necessary choice since it showed a softer side of Britney, it was so cheesy but she was 17 so it worked.

It was a brilliant idea for her team to remix "Crazy". It gave the song an edgier and electrified vibe that matched "Baby".

Comment

• Legends supporting legends.

Comment

Working...
                                                      X