Mariah Carey - Daydream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mariah Carey - Daydream

• Okay, This is my favourite album of all time along with Butterfly. It' such an amazing record. Full of beautiful ballads. With strong and pure vocals. And has one of the best up-tempos ever: Fantasy. Mariah never fails to deliver. But with this album she just went beyond the Borderline. Some of her best songs of all time are all in this album. My favorites are |One Sweet Day| Fantasty | Always Be My Baby | Melt Away | Forever | Open Arms and many more BTW. I was born when this was released
      [list:3nv9mv18]>T R A C K L I S T<

"Fantasy"
    "Underneath the Stars"
    "One Sweet Day"
    "Open Arms"
    "Always Be My Baby"
    "I Am Free"
    "Long Ago"
    "When I Saw You"
    "Melt Away"
    "Forever"
    "Daydream Interlude"
    "Looking In"
    [/list:u:3nv9mv18]

Definitely my favourite album from her. Among her most classic songs ever are on here, and vocally, she never sounded better.
    Freaky Fly Bry's Top 100

M4B Charts Central

Comment

My favourite album from her I think.
      Well, this is always the album I return when I fancy some old-school Mariah.

Just classic for me.

Comment

My second favourite album of her just after TEOM ! The single "Fantasy" was absolutely fantastic !

Comment

Her 3rd best album after her debut and sophomore!
          Some really fantastic tracks! Contains my favourite Mariah single...Fantasy!

Comment

I love this album so much!

Every track is superb. It's only beaten by her debut and "Butterfly" for me. It's such a classic. Everything from her look, to the single choies, to the live performances was perfect. Her best era in terms of success.

Fantasy - One of her best uptempos. Exhilarating beyond belief. I can't stay still when this is on. 10/10

Underneath The Stars - Very laid-back and sensual. Incredibly relaxing. 9/10

One Sweet Day - A classic. Boys II Men and Mariah's vocals blend together perfectly. 10/10.

Open Arms - A personal favourite. It's so emotional and incredibly moving. An inspired cover. 10/10

Always Be My Baby - Just gorgeous. A perfect, catchy Pop song. One of the best moments in her career. 10/10

I Am Free - Very soulful and uplifting. 9/10

When I Saw You - A lovely ballad with incredible vocals. Definitely a classic Mariah ballad. 10/10

Long Ago - A great uptempo with a hint of R&B. The lyrics are great, and I love the dark atmosphere it has. 9/10

Melt Away - Just mind-blowing. Everything from her vocals to the soothing intro is perfect. This also contains my favourite whistle note from her. It can be heard just as the track is fading out. 10/10

Forever - I love the 50s feel, and the chorus is incredibly powerful. This definitely should of been a single. 10/10

Daydream Interlude - Very classy and enjoyable. It nicely breaks up the run of ballads at the end of the record. 8/10

Looking In - Very subtle, but possibly one of the most emotional and moving vocal performances in her entire career. The lyrics are very impressive, and it finishes the album superbly. 10/10

Comment

Always Be My Baby ! my favorite !

Comment

Originally posted by FreakyFlyBry
                Definitely my favourite album from her. Among her most classic songs ever are on here, and vocally, she never sounded better.
                Couldn't have put it better myself

Always Be My Baby, Fantasy & One Sweet Day <3<3<3<3

Comment

I'd rank this at about no 4-5 on my fave Carey albums. Not perfect, but bloody close!

Comment

Love this album Fantasy and ALWAYS BE MY BABY are my faves!!

Comment

Here was where you could see she was headin in that R&B direction.

The immediacy of Fantasy, (not too mention the ODB remix), the deep bounce groove of Always Be My Baby and dark Long Ago were hints for a progressively more urban feel.

Her songwriting was also pretty damn on point on this record too.
                      Baaaaad relationship??
                      The lyric video for my new single TRIP THE ALARM here!

♬ Keen addictions, between afflictions, I guess I had it coming...

Comment

A classic. It's her best album after Butterfly IMO
                        Haven't been early since '88

Comment

Originally posted by mattsky
                          A classic. It's her best album after Butterfly IMO
                          my feelings exactly!

"Fantasy" is definitely one of Mariah's absolute finest moments..."One Sweet Day" is a genuinely touching ode to lost loved ones that re-hash "Bye Bye" could never touch..."Forever" and "When I Saw You" are both personal all-time Mariah faves as well...and there's still every other sublime track inbetween!

"I Am Free", the Interlude and "Looking In" are the only moments that I'm not particularly impressed by, but they're surrounded by some pretty tough competition

definitely a shame that "Slipping Away" was left off, though (undoubtedly one of Mariah's best B-sides)
                          last.fm

Comment

by far her best album from 1990-1996 and one of my Top 5 from her entire career
                            Me Facebook | Me LastFM

Comment

This album leaves me a bit cold. There are some awesome tracks but others like Open Arms, When I Saw You (one of her very worst IMO), I Am Free and Looking In drag it down.

And leaving off Slipping Away was unforgivable, damn Tommy Mottola & Sony

Comment

her best album by far.
                                plus its my favourite album by hers!
                                i wish she would perform more tracks from this album on tour!

Comment

Originally posted by firefly_86
                                  This album leaves me a bit cold. There are some awesome tracks but others like Open Arms, When I Saw You (one of her very worst IMO), I Am Free and Looking In drag it down.

And leaving off Slipping Away was unforgivable, damn Tommy Mottola & Sony
                                  you can't be serious, Looking In is one of Mariah's biggest masterpieces
                                  Me Facebook | Me LastFM

Comment

It's definitely one of her best, but I'd rank it at least behind Butterfly (perfection) and Emotions (vintage and soulful).
                                    They can't compete with MC
                                    The whole entire world can tell
                                    That you love yourself some me

Comment

Her best album
                                      Alternative Survivor, vote here:
                                      http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=70738

Comment

I never got in to 'Fantasy' as other people do...

Comment

I wish she'd make more tracks like Underneath the Stars
                                          They call it the Church of Hot Addiction

Comment

Originally posted by Loverboy
                                            I never got in to 'Fantasy' as other people do...
                                            +1

Daydream is one amazing album. My favorite tracks are: Forever, Always Be My Baby, One Sweet Day, Underneath The Stars, Melt Away and I Am Free.

Also, I think Looking In is a bit overrated by the fans.

This album definitely deserved Grammy appreciation. For starters, it spawned the song of that year (and song of the decade afterwards) "One Sweet Day". But that's another story...
                                            If you don't get on the ride, you won't experience the adventure...

Comment

Originally posted by volver
                                              I wish she'd make more tracks like Underneath the Stars
                                              "Joy Ride" always sounded a bit like a poor man's "Underneath The Stars" to me the "Drifting Remix" of UTS is superb!

Originally posted by MCC4Life
                                              Also, I think Looking In is a bit overrated by the fans.
                                              +1

her personal struggle songs are really hit-or-miss IMO :-? "Close My Eyes", "Outside", and "Through The Rain" are some of the best, while I'm not at all a fan of "Looking In", "Can't Take That Away", or "Petals"
                                              last.fm

Comment

Slipping Away should have been here. They let Long Ago in, so they should have let Slipping Away part of the album too!

Comment

From the Daydream era I will always remember how I was watching her vidoes on TV for hours. I looove One Sweet Day! This was my second favourite song of hers (until Butterfly)! While I think that the first half of the album is magical and incredible, I have to admit that I hate the second half. Babyface had done so much better songs.

Daydream is a very important album for me (even though I bought it in the late 90's... I believe in 1999).
                                                  My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                  X