Mariah Carey - Daydream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by latincoffee View Post
    Thanks [MENTION=65797]latincoffee[/MENTION]!
    She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• Always loved that remix!

Thanks for posting [MENTION=65797]latincoffee[/MENTION]

Originally posted by lambforever View Post
      Totally agree. It must have been the greatest thing to be a lamb
      I know!

She totally ruled the 90s and competing with really BIG artists. The currents can't relate.

Comment

• Yasssss the competition in the 90s was an all time high. Getting those hits were not easy
        Proceed with Caution

Comment

• Originally posted by MrDash View Post
          Thanks [MENTION=65797]latincoffee[/MENTION]!
          anytime bud!

Comment

• Daydream was an amazing era and a great time to be a lamb. In the UK and Ireland, Music Box was bigger, it stayed around the top 10 longer. I know in America it was probably the opposite, what with those massive No.1s she had from Daydream. Both albums are incredible, I’ve always thought Daydream was a little more grown up than MB.
            Daydream was released on a Thursday in the UK, meaning it only had 3 days of selling for the charts on Sunday and she still managed to get to No.1 that week. I think most Sony/Columbia albums released around that time were the same, not sure why
            ...as I close my eyes, steady my feet on the ground.....

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
              Music Box is MUCH bigger... also in streaming... Right now, Daydream still has the upper hand which is true, but Hero especially and Without You have higher weekly, monthly, yearly streams on audio and video streaming platforms that the Daydream songs, except ABMB which is kind the queen of the album.
              I am aware that Music Box is huge but I always felt like Daydream made her even bigger not in terms of sales or streaming but in her stature as an artist. Like how MB had put her on the map but it was Daydream that sealed her place permanently.
              DISCOGS | LAST.FM | INSTAGRAM

Comment

• Originally posted by musiclover2174 View Post
                I am aware that Music Box is huge but I always felt like Daydream made her even bigger not in terms of sales or streaming but in her stature as an artist. Like how MB had put her on the map but it was Daydream that sealed her place permanently.
                That's true. Daydream was THE album that cemented her status as the primary b!tch of her era. It's a GREAT album.
                My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by lambforever View Post
                  Yasssss the competition in the 90s was an all time high. Getting those hits were not easy
                  I know!

Originally posted by musiclover2174 View Post
                  I agree 100%

Comment

• Originally posted by MrDash View Post
                    I can't decide between Daydream and MusicBox. Both are epic in their own way.
                    Love Both too. i might be wrong, but I think MB was bigger in Europe and Daydream was bigger in the US??
                    Underneath The Stars

Comment

• The lifeline of her career is due to Music Box and Daydream. Those two albums really cemented her legacy.

Comment

• Sis was already a living skinny legend at 26 yo.

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                          The lifeline of her career is due to Music Box and Daydream. Those two albums really cemented her legacy.
                          And TEOM.

Comment

The lifeline of her career is due to Music Box and Daydream. Those two albums really cemented her legacy.
                            Probably in terms of enduring commercial appeal (alongside TEOM). Commercial here includes streaming obviously.

But Vision of Love exists in terms of impact and influence. Probably Fantasy is the only other song that rivals it
                            See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                            See Mariah Carey's Memoir thread

Comment

• Daydream sealed the deal on her legendary status.
                              Proceed with Caution

Comment

• Long ago.... you used to want me
                                Now it’s all so far away
                                But you still haunt me

Comment

• Mariah says Slipping Away wasn't allowed on the album because the label thought it was too R&B

Comment

• Well, she can certainly pull a Kylie by releasing a Daydream remastered CD with bonus recorded material.

Comment

Well, she can certainly pull a Kylie by releasing a Daydream remastered CD with bonus recorded material.
                                      I dont think she thinks we're worthy.

But honestly, it would be such a great treat!

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                        I dont think she thinks we're worthy.

But honestly, it would be such a great treat!
                                        I actually thought that they were on to something like that when Mariah signed with Sony in 2015 and her complete music videos from Sony got uploaded to her VEVO. Hope they have something planned for her catalog in 2020.

Comment

I actually thought that they were on to something like that when Mariah signed with Sony in 2015 and her complete music videos from Sony got uploaded to her VEVO. Hope they have something planned for her catalog in 2020.
                                          Yeah, I definitely thought we'd get more once she re-signed to Sony but maybe her, LA Reid and Stella had other plans in terms of just capitalising off Vegas.

I think in 2020 she will get some of her master rights back so it will be interesting to see if anything happens especially as it coincides with 30 years in the industry.

Comment

• Daydream is finally out on Gold Metallic vinyl

Comment

• Daydream is finally out on Gold Metallic vinyl

Comment

• She was so gorgeous during this era! She just posted all single covers to commemorate it anniversary!

Comment

• This album will forever be iconic! #FLAWLESS from start to end. Plus Slipping Away should've been on the album but I guess, being a rare track makes it more special.
                                                  DISCOGS | LAST.FM | INSTAGRAM

Comment

• Why they didnt release open arms in US? Or 5th single in uk? ...And Sony was putting more songs to big singers' albums but this has just 12 songs

Comment

• | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Cute but they should also include the live Fantasy performance dem babies were born to.
                                                        Originally posted by beredy
                                                        When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Working...
                                                        X