No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey - Daydream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This album is great but I don't listen to it much.

Comment

The best album everrrr!

Comment

I was listening to this yesterday...such a good album, i didn't skip one song. I don't know why people don't talk about "Long Ago", i love that track. The only one i usually skip is Looking In (it's kind of deppressing, but hey...sometimes we need that king of song)
        Do you care for me beyond idolization?

Comment

"Looking In" is the masterpiece of this record, such a gem!

Daydream has no dull tracks at all, just "When I Saw You" is a bit boring and predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by YesMC
            I was listening to this yesterday...such a good album, i didn't skip one song. I don't know why people don't talk about "Long Ago", i love that track. The only one i usually skip is Looking In (it's kind of deppressing, but hey...sometimes we need that king of song)
            "Long Ago" is one of my favorite Mariah songs!

Comment

Originally posted by YesMC
              Long Ago? Check out the previous page!
              I love Long Ago, her earliest urban track.
              Looking In is also amazing, a bit depressing though. Daydream is the ONLY Mariah's album that i don't skip any track!!! All songs are great!!! My least fave is Slipping Away though, although not on the album.

Comment

Love this album and This gave birth to Mariah's Urban remixes. Slipping Away should've replace Long Ago though.
                Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

"Melt Away" > Everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by sambo9
                    It's my favourite track on the album as well! Daydream has such a warm and festive feeling!! Its so smooth and sensual! I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by mimifan09
                      Originally posted by sambo9
                      It's my favourite track on the album as well! Daydream has such a warm and festive feeling!! Its so smooth and sensual! I love it!
                      Definitely.

She was really on the ball when recording this album. Her vocals, the remixes, the music - everything was really top notch!

Comment

Underneath The Stars >>>>

This album is my 2nd favorite album from her from the 90-00 decade. It's such a calm and relaxing album to listen to
                        Keep On Rockin'

Comment

I don't like underneath the stars. Melt Away & Looking In are the absolute standouts on this album

Comment

I can't stop listening to this today. Full appreciation for Fantasy / Fantasy Remix, One Sweet Day, When I Saw You and Long Ago.

Comment

The album booklet for this is so simple! Just the lyrics, one photo and the thank yous..

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack
                                The album booklet for this is so simple! Just the lyrics, one photo and the thank yous..
                                yeah in terms of booklets:

Virgin >>>>>>>>>>>>>SONY<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Island

Island also tops SONY because the TEOM japanese edition comes with a pack of stickers <3 and Memoirs from Taiwan came with a pocket mirror <3 <3
                                My Chart

Comment

I've been disappointed by two of Mariah's booklets.

E=MC2 had incorrect lyrics, no photos inside the booklet and only 3 lines of thank you's because they rushed off and produced the booklets without Mariah's clearance and she wasn't too happy.

I was slightly disappointed by the Merry Christmas II You booklet because it had no lyrics but it was fine otherwise!

Comment

The booklet for "Daydream" isn't great. I love the black and white/gold colour scheme but they just printed the same "Fantasy" picture over and over again. Even the cover is just a close-up of it.

It's annoying because we now know that there were loads of other great shots from that photoshoot.

Comment

My favorite coming from her. There's a ton of great songs that I can connect to on emotional level. "One Sweet Day" is a touching song and I think "Looking In" is the same.

Comment

Hey guys, I just made a write-up and ranking of Mariah's albums based on my preference.

I hope you guys check it out and comment on it!

http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.p ... 56#3289256

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by PosziMC2
                                          Originally posted by therealestMC
                                          "Long Ago" is better than "Slipping Away" but I love both.
                                          THIS!

Long Ago shows the dark side of Mariah that we never got before and will probably never get!
                                          Dark side? No, Mariah has darker songs.
                                          I can feel this light that's inside of me, growing fast into a bolt of lightning. I know one spark will shock the world...
                                          --Katy Perry

Comment

Listening to this album right now, I want a vibe like this on her next album!

Comment

^ I think this next album will be more like Butterfly, but I hope for tracks like UTS or Long Ago.

Comment

I don't like 'Long Ago' so much, but I like 'Slipping Away'.

Anyone else stan for the Daydream interlude?

Comment

Daydream Interlude is amazing and for more of that you can listen to the full Fantasy Morales Remixes!!

Comment

I'm lovin' the Mr. Dupri Mix of "Always Be My Baby". Beautiful background vocals by Xscape.
                                                    Some people believe in God, I believe in music. Some people pray, I turn up the radio.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X