No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey - Daydream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone else noticed that Daydream is no longer available for streaming on Amazon Music? I was just now making a playlist (tonight I'm seeing her Caution tour in Minneapolis!) and noticed this travesty. WHY???

Comment

• I just got into Long Ago. Quite underrated actually.

Comment

• ^ Yes sis, see the light!

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
          Long Ago

She was channeling her inner Mary J. Blige on that one.
          Super underrated track. I love it.

Comment

• Another underrated song.

Such a gem!
            It's one of my favorite ballads by her. So simple yet so beautiful.
            3:04 that transition <3 lots of subtle gorgeous runs!

Comment

• Originally posted by Joyride View Post
              I just got into Long Ago. Quite underrated actually.
              Yes! I LOVE long ago

The melody is rather basic and repetitive until those beautiful long bridges that are everything come in, “you told me pretty lies”

Mariah and Jermaine used the same technique on It’s Like That to great effect, “cuz it’s my night,” I think ILT even uses the same piano sound

Comment

• Long Ago is everything we love a queen who can ride a beat

Comment

• Just fell in love with this masterpiece all over again. What a great album. Vocals, melodies and production are 10/10.

Currently listening to Looking In and gettin' lil emotional, lil emotional.

Comment

• The way this album is sequenced is part of what makes this a classic. I can just turn this on and the flow from song to song would be so natural.
                    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• I’d neverrrrr beeeeee tha SAME
                      With no beGINNING ANNND
                      WITHOUT AN EEENNNDDD
                      you are the one for meee
                      and it’s evident....

Comment

• This is the album that made me a lamb. I bought Daydream on cassette and wore my Walkman out listening! My parents were very midwestern & couldn't deal with feelings, so Mariah was really the start of my emotional education. I was so amazed by all the emotion in her voice, and saw for the first time how sensitivity and self-reflection can be a deep source of strength. "Looking In" felt like a page ripped from my diary, "Always Be My Baby" and "Melt Away" gave me hope for what love could be (something I lacked as an extremely gay child), and even though I was enduring bullying and abuse at school and home, Mariah encouraged me to value my emotions and to nurture my dreams for a better future. I owe her everything, and hope someday I'll have the opportunity to thank her in person!

Comment

• track is so amazing because is use bluetooth headphones and voice is so amazing
                          Last edited by bm08; Thu March 28, 2019, 19:37. Reason: MOD EDIT: removed outside linking

Comment

• Love this alternate "Looking In" Intro (from Playlist: The Very Best Of Mariah Carey).

Comment

• 23rd Anniversary of Underneath The Stars

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Melt Away and I am free are my all time jams from the Daydream album.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                  23rd Anniversary of Underneath The Stars
                                  Was just listening to this.

Timeless classic.
                                  She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• Underneath The Stars is THAT song.

Comment

• I have the UTS Trackmasters remix...it's everything!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by latincoffee View Post
                                        I have the UTS Trackmasters remix...it's everything!!!
                                        Would love to hear it!
                                        She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• Her best album! Her career would have never been the same without this.

Comment

• She ruled the solar system when this album was released. Everything was so perfect.

Comment

• I love slipping away so much

Comment

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
                                                She ruled the solar system when this album was released. Everything was so perfect.
                                                imagine... this sold almost 500,000 units in Japan in the first week (Oricon). She was on top of her game in 1995. Imagine anything like that today... someone - a western act - pushing 500k in a single country that isn't the US or UK... in its debuting week at that.

The album probably debuted with around 1,1 million worldwide in week 1... a far cry from what #1's would do 3 years later... #1's has probably debuted with 2 million sales worldwide... crazy.
                                                My Chart

Comment

• I think this is her second best effort after Butterfly. Wish Slipping Away was on the album though. Same goes with Do You Think Of Me on Music Box.
                                                  DISCOGS | LAST.FM | INSTAGRAM

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                    imagine... this sold almost 500,000 units in Japan in the first week (Oricon). She was on top of her game in 1995. Imagine anything like that today... someone - a western act - pushing 500k in a single country that isn't the US or UK... in its debuting week at that.

The album probably debuted with around 1,1 million worldwide in week 1... a far cry from what #1's would do 3 years later... #1's has probably debuted with 2 million sales worldwide... crazy.
                                                    Kween was slaying the world left, right and center. Music Box may have sold more but I feel like like Daydream is the bigger era. That Fantasy, One Sweet Day and ABMB combo is unparalleled. I don’t think she has matched that, not even Music Box singles.
                                                    DISCOGS | LAST.FM | INSTAGRAM

Comment

Working...
                                                    X