Gina G - Fresh! [album]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gina G - Fresh! [album]

Fresh! is the debut album from Australian Dance-pop singer/songwriter, Gina G. The album peaked at #12 on the U.K. Albums chart and #27 on the Heatseekers chart. The album is certified Silver in the United Kingdom.

Gina co-wrote four of the tracks on the album, all of which later became singles.

This was one of the first CD albums I ever bought and in my opinion was really underrated. I remember going to my local Woolworths on the day it was released and it had sold out

A classic pop album that I still listen to today. Still sounds quite fresh (!) in 2009, and I find it hard to believe it's 12 years since it was released!

A very solid, consistent album that holds its own against other female pop artists around at that time and even now.

Ooh Aah...Just A Little Bit
    I Belong To You
    Fresh!
    Ti Amo
    Gimme Some Love
    Everytime I Fall
    Without Any Meaning / We're Just Skin & Bone / Like Beautiful Robots Dancing Alone.

I take it nobody likes this album then
    Without Any Meaning / We're Just Skin & Bone / Like Beautiful Robots Dancing Alone.

Comment

I liked it! And I'd strangely rank the singles in the exact order they were released!

I disagree that it still sounds fresh, I think most of them sound VERY mid-90s. She should do some new radio edit remixes and re-release a few of them, "I Belong To You" could sound great with a heavier dance beat.

Comment

Re: Gina G - Fresh! (album)

Originally posted by RockTheBoat
        Copycat alert!

Comment

Good piece of pop. Shame one-hint-wondering piece.
          KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Although I already liked "Ooh Aah" and thought it should have done better at Eurovision, I think that Motiv8 turned into something even more special with this remix.

Nothing else she touched, though, had the spark of that particular song. I loved "Ooh Aah" and bought it across all formats, but didn't even pick up the album when it was going for half-nothing in the bargain bins. What hideous cover art, too!

The song she tried to go back to Eurovision with in 2005 wasn't up to much either - Flashback - which in a very poor UK national final (remember Katie Price's off-key screeching?) came last, which was unfair.

Comment

"Flashback" was a terrible song, not at all memorable or energetic and completely lacklustre for her.

Though it was still better than Andy Scott-Lee!

Comment

The album cover just looks like a dirty protest gone wrong.
                Johnny wanted cream buns for his birthday tea...

Comment

I couldn't have put it better myself...

Comment

I bought this album, as I really liked most of their singles. It was not too bad, but the other tracks were not very memorable.

I wss 18 years old when she did ESC for the UK. It was the first song since Sonia that I actually thought would win for the UK. I still think it may have ran Ireland close if she had performed it better on the night. It was ok, but there was one note that was horrible. Not quite to Samantha Janus standards, but still pretty bad.

I also remember watching a bizarre version of I Belong To You on Children In Need with Weather Forecasters in Macs dancing around her.

She should have done better when she did the Reborn tour for ITV. She won the first show, topped the vote, but then one dodgy performance and the UK chose to save Elkie Brooks instead. Insane.

Comment

I came across a dusty copy of this in a local cd shop recently and was half tempted. Dunno but something put me off.

Comment

I love this album. I agree with Mike in that it has dated pretty badly, but it's still nice to take a trip down memory lane. 'Ti Amo' and 'Higher Than Love' are still fantastic in particular.

I never noticed before, but she was stunning back in the day, wasn't she? She looks absolutely divine in 'Every Time I Fall'.
                        The alternative to the real world.

Comment

I found this performance from 2006 on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBmK0MY6mNM

Bless her, not exactly a stadium sized crowd

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisH
                            I also remember watching a bizarre version of I Belong To You on Children In Need with Weather Forecasters in Macs dancing around her.
                            This? LOL at all the bids in the audience, CIN in 1996 looks so subdued compared to today's.

Great song, there needs to be a Gina G revival... again!

Comment

Ti Amo was great... Gina G was great
                              jio CHARTS NOW: 19/10/2020: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10484283

Comment

very underrated masterpiece. singles have a lot of remixes and many of them uploaded to spotify.. warner bros still milking

Comment

everytime i fall- todd terry remix in spotify now

Comment

Ooh Aah...Just A Little Bit is such an iconic sound back then
                                    Global Hits Chart: Weekly top 40 songs with audio programs.

Comment

Working...
                                    X