TLC - CrazySexyCool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TLC - CrazySexyCool

This is, IMO, the greatest R&B album of all time. Every track is incredible, and it contains some of the greatest tunes of the 1990s for me.

Nice.

Up there among the best, but not the best for me. I much preferred 'FanMail' to this, but still - absolute classic which the majority of people I know have in their CD collection.

I love their version of 'If I Was Ur Girlfriend'

Comment

Perfection - I don't think I need to say anymore than that. ;)

Comment

Sam, I thought Butterfly was the greatest R&B album of all time?

I liked CrazySexyCool but Fanmail is still their best album in my eyes.

"Case Of The Fake People" and "Sumthin' Wicked This Way Comes" are brilliant though and definitely rank amongst their very best work. And of course "Creep", "Waterfalls" and "Red Light Special" are simply classics - some of the best examples of exceptional 90s R&B.
        "I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"

Comment

Originally posted by gaz_uk
          Sam, I thought Butterfly was the greatest R&B album of all time?

Although I do prefer "Butterfly", I couldn't count it as the best R&B album of all time, simply because it's not strictly R&B. Whilst "The Roof", "Honey", "Breakdown", "Babydoll" and "The Beautiful Ones" are R&B influenced, the rest of the tracks are very much Pop, and not really different to what she was doing before.

Comment

A perfect album in effect ! All the songs are really good !
            I'm just sad of the end of this mythic band... :(

Comment

This one is good!!
              When I first listened to this, I was like wow.
              It's like lying on a wave. Relax, take your time, listen to us, we'll make you feel good.
              I remember hearing the interlude Sexy for the first time, I was like WTF? That's one interlude that I'll never forget!

Comment

Love this band and their albums I would say its my fave album but Fanmail holds some of my alltime fave songs from them, if that makes sense lol.

Comment

This is the album that got me into R&B! I was listening to it just yesterday

I still maintain that Diggin' On You is an underrated classic and that Sumthin' Wicked This Way Comes (featuring a then virtually unknown Outkast) should have been a single. Just 4 singles & videos from this album wasn't enough!! Every track was worthy of single status.
                  "Free me, FreE.M.I!" - sing it Joss!!

Comment

Classic album. Absolutly Brilliant. One of my all time favourite albums no other girl group will make an album as great as this one. All the tracks are hot & T-boz's voice is so sexy.
                    If I die today I'll be the Happy Phantom & I'll go chasing the nun's out in the yard.

Comment

Definite classic.

Dallas Austin's best work was writing and producing for this group and CSC was the epitome of TLC's sound and vibe.

Monster hits, monster album tracks and Diggin' On You is beyond hot.
                      Baaaaad relationship??
                      The lyric video for my new single TRIP THE ALARM here!

♬ Keen addictions, between afflictions, I guess I had it coming...

Comment

Cool album, I am loving "Kick Your Game" lately.

Comment

Best R&B album of all time for me too and a nice progression on their sound from their debut. Favourite tracks? "Kick Your Game" and "Somethin' Wicked This Way Comes". The singles were fantastic as well whereas the Prince cover (the second Prince cover of their career) is almost as good as the original. I also believe (no proof of course) that this album was the template for Madonna's "Bedtime Stories". TLC were the favourite band of my childhood and they always delivered
                          jio CHARTS NOW:13/1/2020: https://www.ukmix.org/showthread.php...=1#post7224733

Comment

Originally posted by jio
                            I also believe (no proof of course) that this album was the template for Madonna's "Bedtime Stories".
                            Bedtime Stories came out 3 weeks before CSC though. But yes, they do share similarities due to Dallas and Babyface, and then there's Madonna's T-Boz-like vocals in "Human Nature".

"Forbidden Love" is quite similar to "Red Light Special", but both are fantastic.

Comment

It feels different when I catch the "Waterfalls" video on TV. I feel like I'm 6 years old again!

Comment

Originally posted by Danny86
                                Originally posted by jio
                                I also believe (no proof of course) that this album was the template for Madonna's "Bedtime Stories".
                                Bedtime Stories came out 3 weeks before CSC though. But yes, they do share similarities due to Dallas and Babyface, and then there's Madonna's T-Boz-like vocals in "Human Nature".

"Forbidden Love" is quite similar to "Red Light Special", but both are fantastic.
                                Did it? OK I was wrong then
                                jio CHARTS NOW:13/1/2020: https://www.ukmix.org/showthread.php...=1#post7224733

Comment

Definitely the best R&B album of all time! if they released two more singles, they definitely could have gone 15X Platinum at least!

Comment

Legendary Album, Legendary Group, Legendary bishes.
                                    Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

This album sounds so good in summer.

Comment

This album is literally perfection.

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

This album is flawless, Sumthiní Wicked This Way Comes is AMAZING.

Comment

My favorite album of all time.

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

It's a great album, one of the best released during the 1990s, my favourite track is Sumthin' Wicked This Way Comes.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny86
                                                Originally posted by jio

The template for Bedtime Stories was the popularity of R&B music in the early 1990s, it was really nothing more than a bandwagon jumping moment on Madonna's behalf to boost her then-diminishing popularity. She knew she was no longer the number one female in music at that point in time, she also knew that she had to soften her image after Erotica and the Sex book, that is why she delved into R&B music, working with Babyface, Dave "Jam" Hall and Dallas Austin, three powerful producers in the R&B world who had worked with the likes of TLC, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston and Janet Jackson, four of the biggest female artists in the early to mid-1990s. Bedtime Stories performed OK in terms of sales (seven million) but it paled in comparison to the sales and acclaim achieved by CrazySexyCool (24m) by TLC, Daydream (25m) and Music Box (32m) by Mariah Carey, Janet (20m) by Janet Jackson, and The Bodyguard (45m) by Whitney Houston). Take a Bow, Madonna's longest-running #1 single in the US (7 weeks), was also overshadowed by Mariah Carey's #1 hits Fantasy (8 weeks) and the record-breaking One Sweet Day (16 weeks) . Although Bedtime Stories yielded a few hits around the world I think it's largely forgotten by those outside of her core fanbase. It's also funny you should mention Human Nature, the music video completely ripped off something Nina Hagen had done years prior to its release.

Comment

Chilli was sanging her heart out on Take Our Time though...ch....

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Working...
                                                  X