but it's your lucky night
    no way
    he said that to me last week
    well actually, i think he's kinda sweet

No Way No Way
    man-ah man-ah (x3)

not today
    don't get fresh with me

One of the most beautiful girl bands and endearing pop songs of the last century. This rocketed to number 14 in 1997. Pop as it should be.

Has anyone else heard of it?
    Johnny wanted cream buns for his birthday tea...

Oh dear... I remember them well!
    "I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"

Comment

Hell yeah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKX1EY6dkIY

Made of 100% pure genius, I hear.

EDIT: durrrr you posted the video link at the top, I need to learn to read and stuff.
      This post is highly unlikely to be serious. Please treat it accordingly. Unless it's music-related, in which case I'm damn well right.

Comment

I remember this. Freaking awesome.
        And it samples some 70s hit by a chap named Pietro Umiliani btw (the "man-ah man-ah" bit).
        Let's have a second referendum

Comment

All this love, and yet this is frequently reviled as one of the worst pieces of "music" commited to tape/vinyl/disc/video.

Hmmmm....

Comment

hate it. stupid pop. stupid.

Comment

I just watched the video for the first time since it was released, just to remind myself of how awful it was and it's actually even more horrifying than I remembered!

Love some of the comments on youtube:

Ha ha this is why I'm proud to be British!
              the new gold standard for cheap and nasty.
              My earholes feel like they've just been filled with dogs**t. :-/
              This is what happens when some music industry executive tries to make his bratty daughter and her best friends happy. The b******d probably bought enough singles for this to chart, or is best friends with the program director fo Top of the Pops.
              What the Spice Girls would be like if they were all twice as ugly, and had their 5 remaining brain cells removed. Rancid.
              My life is complete.
              I'm listening to this as a form of self-harm
              I wonder what they're doing now?? How long before one is a judge on X Factor?
              The toughest 3 minutes of my life. And I've been run over by a car before...
              This looks like a bad line up at a brothel
              This is probably the best video ever.
              I guess you either loved them or hated them.
              "I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"

Comment

Originally posted by Ahahuha
                I share your feelings on this song... it irritated me so much at the time.
                Ste's Personal Chart 2020

Comment

Originally posted by steophonic
                  Originally posted by Ahahuha
                  I share your feelings on this song... it irritated me so much at the time.
                  First time I hear this, but I have to agree.
                  Originally posted by gaz_uk

This looks like a bad line up at a brothel

Comment

Funniest song and video ever invented

soooooo bad

Comment

I've always wondered why the director thought it a good idea to use light reflectors to flood the girls with moving light - to make it look like light reflected on them from a body of water - when the swimming pool is clearly behind them, and there was "No Way No Way" that such light could naturally have been reflected on them...

Comment

Awful but you just can't help but like it a bit
                        RIP The Queen Of Disco

Comment

As amusing as it was that they had a record released in the first place, they even had a second single too! It made no.36 in 1998:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBYbedzzTQo

Comment

Originally posted by gaz_uk
                            What the Spice Girls would be like if they were all twice as ugly, and had their 5 remaining brain cells removed. Rancid.
                            Yup that just about sums it up!

Comment

OMG I remember this. What a load of .... Didn't they have another song 'True to us'. They were awful.
                              If I die today I'll be the Happy Phantom & I'll go chasing the nun's out in the yard.

Comment

The YouTube comments just keep getting better.

"Don't get fresh with me."

The mind boggles as to what kind of bloke would get fresh with that.
                                Oh God oh God oh God this is awful oh my God oh my God Jesus f**k what the f**k is this? Oh my God Jesus f**king Christ this is awful. Kill me.
                                Take a bat to the faces, that might get them somewhere.
                                This song gives me literal seizures it's THAT wretched. I remember hating it when I was 9 and I hate it even more today. Yet, I can't stop watching it...
                                Am I the only one looking at the guys swimming around in the pool, and thinking: OMG! SAVE THE WHALES!!!

Um...yeah. I love this video because I'm a masochist when it comes to terrible music.
                                I'm thinking I should try to make it in the music business, I could never be this crap.
                                I wonder how many kids they each have now?
                                I was determined to make it to the end of the song.

At 1:59 I cracked, switched it off...and razed a small village to the ground.

Don't get fresh with me.
                                Oh my god, please shoot me.

Seriously though, who in their right mind thought this - the song, the group, the package, just EVERYTHING - would be a good idea?

Absolutely rancid.
                                The alternative to the real world.

Comment

Originally posted by potojr
                                  And it samples some 70s hit by a chap named Pietro Umiliani btw (the "man-ah man-ah" bit).
                                  ...as made famous by The Muppets.

Actually - that's a good name for describing these girls!!!!

Comment

Fact:

Some of them went to my primary school and we were even treated to a performance of this song and given a postcard which they signed. (The postcard happened to have a picture of the girls on it, not some random postcard).

They also went to the same secondary school as Kemal from Big Brother.

North London breeds stars.

Comment

Originally posted by danlucky16
                                      Fact:

Some of them went to my primary school and we were even treated to a performance of this song and given a postcard which they signed. (The postcard happened to have a picture of the girls on it, not some random postcard).

They also went to the same secondary school as Kemal from Big Brother.

North London breeds stars.
                                      You know HE/SHE has done a pop video? I won't spam it again! It's already in two threads! This was shite but amusingly so.
                                      Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (23rd May 20) - Charli XCX, Foxes, Sol Seppy, Moby, Ellie Goulding, Maya Hawke, Tove Lo, Sparks, Jason Isbell and The 400 Unit, Einstürzende Neubauten, Carly Rae Jepsen, Perfume Genius, The Dears, Sara Evans, Transglobal Underground, The Vapors, Alma, Noah Cyrus, Jess Williamson, Ilse DeLange

Comment

Iconic song.
                                        I don't care, I love it.
                                        My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
                                        In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

Working...
                                        X