No announcement yet.

Whitney Houston - My Love Is Your Love [album]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's just alright, some parts sound too mainstream like it could have been in Brandy or Monica's albums, although all the singles were amazing. Rodney Jerkins really saved the album, Missy and Diane didn't create their best work here.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravity
      Originally posted by Storyteller
      My Love Is Your Love is one of the greatest songs of all time in my opinion. Was just listening to it a few minutes ago and it's so timeless.
      I agree! That song is a masterpiece.
      To be honest, it's not one of my best tracks on the album, but I must agree that this songs meaning, singing and beat is a timeless masterpiece.
      | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

This album would have been perfect if it didn't include Oh Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlu84
          No! It's one of the best tracks there
          Floped and localed

Comment

When she slayed with this album
            What a time to be alive
            | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlu84
              No! It's one of the best tracks there

Naah its boring and it drags.

Comment

Nah it's sexy and soulful. Perfect R&B song.
                Floped and localed

Comment

Nah it's sexy and soulful. Perfect R&B song.
                  You were so amazing, unbelievable baby
                  It's you that makes me smile
                  When everything is crazy

Comment

She’s never sounded more ratchet than on “It’s Not Right But It’s Okay” - lyrics, delivery, attitude!

So much black sass!
                    Originally posted by beredy
                    When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

maybe I should listen to this album, cause I love the singles (except My love is your love)
                      I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

Originally posted by Erotica
                        maybe I should listen to this album, cause I love the singles (except My love is your love)
                        The album is great. It’s my Whitney fsve.
                        I can’t believe you don’t like the MLIYL song though?
                        Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Re: Whitney Houston | My Love Is Your Love [album]

The album that made me a stan. I always heard her other older classics on the radio but nothing made me get intrigued about her back catalogue. Until this....

Comment

I love the singles, but the album tracks are not that strong IMO.
                            That's why I prefer her first three albums more.

It's Not Right But It's Okay and Heartbreak Hotel are even better in their remixed version. Love those so much! It's a shame though that Heartbreak Hotel wasn't released till after her Greatest Hits had been released in Europe. That's probably why it wasn't as big here as in the US.

When You Believe: dream duet.

If I Told You That: wasn't strong enough to be a single IMO, but adding George Michael helped a lot.

My Love Is Your Love: I loved this song so much right from the start. I wondered if they would dare to release it as a single. I thought it could go two ways as it was so different than anything Whitney had done before and very different than anything else in the charts at that point. So I thought it would either be embraced and become a huge hit or the GP would hate it and it would flop. Luckily it was scenario 1.

I Learned From The Best: great ballad, love the lyrics.
                            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin
                              Originally posted by Erotica
                              The album is great. It’s my Whitney fsve.
                              I can’t believe you don’t like the MLIYL song though?
                              The song is ok, but as a child I was annoyed by it and well I think the other singles were much better. Doesn't mean that I think the song is bad or so
                              I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

The instrumental to “It's Not Right But It's Okay” (the original) is the most ratchet thing ever.

Comment

As much I loved her voice, I could never enjoy her albums.... until this one. Truly one of the finest R&B records of all time. The old school and new school ratio was perfect and spoke to multiple generations.

Heartbreak Hotel was my personal favourite but the title track is a damn anthem.
                                    Baaaaad relationship??
                                    The lyric video for my new single TRIP THE ALARM here!

♬ Keen addictions, between afflictions, I guess I had it coming...

Comment

On November 17, this timeless classic turned 20 years old!!!
                                      According to Wiki, this was recorded between August and October 1998, and released a month later. Every song is listenable!!!

(Surprised Nippian did not bump it)

Comment

I havent heared all her albums but from the once I did this is definately her best.

Comment

This is like the most perfect hood R&B album imaginable

Comment

Listening to this, i almost forgot how brilliant this is. 97-98 were amazing for our divas, brilliant albums by Whitney, Madonna, Mariah, Janet and Céline.
                                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                              Listening to this, i almost forgot how brilliant this is. 97-98 were amazing for our divas, brilliant albums by Whitney, Madonna, Mariah, Janet and Céline.
                                              A moment in pop history
                                              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

This gets my vote for her best album ever. I loved hearing her plunge headlong into a sleek R&B sound that felt more natural and less tentative than I'm You Baby Tonight. Pop hooks abound, but the overall feel is soulful; the balance is just right. Her voice showed some slight wear but was still a gorgeous instrument. Damn, I need to play this right now!
                                                The sands of time fade into dark
                                                Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
                                                A message to madness
                                                Feel music that's realness

Comment

I remember this album not being a monster smash on the German album chart but having extraordinary longevity! It continuously stayed on the chart for well over a year. And rightfully so.
                                                  The perfect blend of old-school and modern and to this day still very, very listenable. Has aged like a good wine.

Comment

One of my favourite Whitney tracks. Still love this album to this day.

It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
                                                    But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

Comment

Learned From The Best is amazing.
                                                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

My favorite album track is "You'll Never Stand Alone"

Comment

Originally posted by luckyONE View Post
                                                          My favorite album track is "You'll Never Stand Alone"
                                                          yes it must had been single instead of ILFTB .. even there is a remix of tony moran

Comment

Heartbreak Hotel is doing things to me right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                                              Heartbreak Hotel is doing things to me right now.
                                                              Now listen to this:

Comment

Working...
                                                              X