No announcement yet.

Michael Jackson - Dangerous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is still hope g0rls. Let's hold hands and pray.

Comment

King saved black culture/music when he gave rap his seal of approval on “Black or White” and globalized it like no other when the video premiered in front of an audience of 500 million people worldwide! We were at such a low point in the history of our culture in 1991 (think Vanilla Ice, MC Hammer, Skat Cat) that we desperately needed somebody with credibility to endorse and legitimize this art form.
      Originally posted by beredy
      When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshie
        So annoyed there isn't an official 25th anniversary reissue. :evil:
        Still mad. Will stay mad.

Comment

Re: Michael Jackson - Dangerous [album]

^Not every album needs an anniversary edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Musicology
            This one did/does.

Comment

This one did/does.
              I agree.
              I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

So annoyed there isn't an official 25th anniversary reissue. :evil:
                Still mad. Will stay mad.

I think they’re slowing down the release of MJ products though, which is good really. I wouldn’t be surprised if they did a 30th anniversary release, Dangerous 30 or something similar. I’m still waiting for them to release HIStory Vol. 2 - you just know they want to

I’m just hope we get a whole bunch of unreleased songs from the sessions for this some day. The album is so good that I suspect he also had some really great songs waiting in the wings that he had ti decide between to include - you can’t make an album this strong without a larger pool of songs to pick from.
                Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

This one did/does.
                  I disagree. The albums that normally get anniversary editions are those albums that are iconic, that have had some impact on the music industry. I love the Dangerous album and think it's MJ's best, but it isn't an iconic album. Only the fans care about the album. When it comes to MJ, the public only really care about Thriller, Off The Wall & Bad, and these albums have got an anniversary edition. These three albums are iconic albums that had massive impact on the music industry and inspired many. Dangerous sadly didn't make much impact, so I can see why it hasn't gotten an anniversary edition and why it probably never will.

Comment

This one did/does.
                    I disagree. The albums that normally get anniversary editions are those albums that are iconic, that have had some impact on the music industry. I love the Dangerous album and think it's MJ's best, but it isn't an iconic album. Only the fans care about the album. When it comes to MJ, the public only really care about Thriller, Off The Wall & Bad, and these albums have got an anniversary edition. These three albums are iconic albums that had massive impact on the music industry and inspired many. Dangerous sadly didn't make much impact, so I can see why it hasn't gotten an anniversary edition and why it probably never will.
                    Wait a minute. I agree that Off The Wall, Thriller and Bad are the holy trinity for the general public but Dangerous not iconic? We're talking about the album that has produced hits like Black or White, Heal the World, Remember the Time, Who Is It and Will You Be There! Those songs are still receiving so much airplay on radio stations and on TV and some of them belong to his signature songs and the album is one of the best-selling albums of all time so of course it is iconic and it definitely is/was impactful.
                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

This is easily his best album. I can understand why some don’t like it as much as the Quincy stuff, but this is MJ’s first actual album... his earlier stuff was just a bunch of songs (designed to be hits) thrown together and not a conscious body of work.
                      Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

In The Closet

Comment

why is this in the 80's subforum? it was released in late 91

Comment

why they didnt release givin to me in us?

Comment

Working...
                            X