Mariah Carey - Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealestMC
    I'm in love with Someday recently. This album is just amazing.
    Epic album. I'm in love with Love Takes Time!!

Comment

My favorite album ever! Mariah's best album for me. The Emancipation Of Mimi comes close second.

There's absolutely no filler here. The vocals are impeccable and so is the production.

I would love an anniversary edition with unreleased tracks and extras.
      If you don't get on the ride, you won't experience the adventure...

Comment

Originally posted by MCC4Life
        My favorite album ever! Mariah's best album for me. The Emancipation Of Mimi comes close second.

There's absolutely no filler here. The vocals are impeccable and so is the production.

YES YES AND YES!
        My Last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by NothingFails
          Originally posted by grooveboy
          I'll just repeat what majority said on this topic: it's her best album
          The only thing I don't like about this album is title. It should have been Vision Of Love
          Well, you have to remember the timeframe it came out in. Back in the 80's and early 90's it was far more common for a debut album to be self-titled. Janet, Madonna and Whitney are three other big stars from the era I can think of whose debut albums were self titled.
          Yeah... Led Zeppelin and Kylie had actually 3 albums with their names as the title, Seal had two, Whitney had two, Janet had also two (three if you count 'Damita Jo' as well). The champion however must be Barbra Streisand with album titles such as 'The Barbra Streisand Album', 'The Second Barbra Streisand Album', 'My Name Is Barbra', 'My Name Is Barbra Too', 'Color Me Barbra', 'Je M'Appelle Barbra', 'Simply Streisand', 'Barbra Joan Streisand', 'Barbra Streisand And Other Musical Instruments', 'Classical Barbra' and 'Streisand Superman'... But she never had a studio album simply named 'Barbra Streisand' lol It was very popular at the time. It was more than a statement of this is who I am.
          jio CHARTS NOW: 25/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...2#post10739362

Comment

Agreed, I have five Mariah albums on my top 500 album list countdown but the debut is undoubtably the highest. Its such a solid listen with no filler and also probably her most diverse album with even "rock" (You Need Me) and cheesy dated dance music (Prisoner). Its such a fun album, a product of its time, but still solid.
            My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

Originally posted by NothingFails
              My favourite album ever! Mariah's best album for me. The Emancipation Of Mimi comes close second.

Agreed, I have five Mariah albums on my top 500 album list countdown but the debut is undoubtedly the highest. Its such a solid listen with no filler and also probably her most diverse album with even "rock" (You Need Me) and cheesy dated dance music (Prisoner). Its such a fun album, a product of its time, but still solid.
              It's not my favourite album of hers, and nor is "The Emancipation Of..." my second favourite Mariah album, but I do agree with you guys.

It's pretty much a perfect Pop album and sits nicely as #3 in my top Mariah albums rank:

1) Butterfly
              2) Daydream
              3) Mariah Carey

"Music Box" and "Merry Christmas" would follow.

Comment

Sam, could you rank all your favorite Mariah albums please?

Comment

Originally posted by therealestMC
                  Sam, could you rank all your favorite Mariah albums please?
                  Sure.

1) Butterfly
                  2) Daydream
                  3) Mariah Carey
                  4) Music Box
                  5) Merry Christmas
                  6) The Emancipation Of Mimi
                  7) Emotions
                  8) Charmbracelet
                  9) E=MC²
                  10) Rainbow
                  11) Glitter
                  12) Memoirs Of An Imperfect Angel

Comment

^Cool!

Mine are:

1. Butterfly
                    2. Daydream
                    3. Mariah Carey
                    4. Music Box
                    5. The Emancipation of Mimi
                    6. Merry Christmas
                    7. Emotions
                    8. E=MC²
                    9. Charmbracelet
                    10. Rainbow
                    11. Glitter
                    12. Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel

Comment

Her debut album is one of my least favourites but i still love it! Fav tracks are : VOL, Prisoner,Someday I Dont Wanna Cry.
                      P=MC2's Top 20
                      Originally posted by Merci
                      Poszilicious, pussy served delicious!

Comment

Love her debut, one of my favorites. Sometimes I can't beside between this, music box and Daydream.
                        I can actually play this album all the way through without skipping any tracks. And it has some of my favorite songs of all time from her.... Vision of Love, Love takes time, I don't wanna cry, Someday and Vanishing.

Comment

Why are the ultra flop albums at the lowest? I think they were better than the filler-filled album Rainbow!

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack
                            Why are the ultra flop albums at the lowest? I think they were better than the filler-filled album Rainbow!
                            Because they happen to be her weakest. "Rainbow" has some great songs that keep it from being her worst.

Comment

I still love Memoirs over Rainbow!

Back to the topic, why wasn't Prisoner a single? It's a really good song!

Comment

I still love Memoirs over Rainbow!

Back to the topic, why wasn't Prisoner a single? It's a really good song!
                                They wanted but Emotions relased quickly after the last single.That was their "trick"
                                P=MC2's Top 20
                                Originally posted by Merci
                                Poszilicious, pussy served delicious!

Comment

I love "Prisoner" too! I love the rap in it.

Comment

How I wish these were properly released singles:

1. Prisoner
                                    2. If It's Over (album version)
                                    3. Now That I Know
                                    4. Forever

I really think these would have done well (Top 10) since Mariah was so big back then.

Comment

How I wish these were properly released singles:

1. Prisoner
                                      2. If It's Over (album version)
                                      3. Now That I Know
                                      4. Forever

I really think these would have done well (Top 10) since Mariah was so big back then.
                                      now that i know should have been released in uk, the take that single at the time sounded similar.... she could have got another 400k~ music box sales in the uk

Comment

But then again, since they only cared for the #1's at that time, they didn't release these. :(

Comment

Comment

Whatever happened to Ben Marguiles? He wrote a lot from this album. I heard he had a falling out with Mariah in 1991, but it looks like Mariah always has a falling out with a songwriter/producer anyway.

Comment

Stunning début. Didn't realise how good this was until recently. Someday has one of the best melodies I've ever heard - 'You were so blind to let me go, you had it all but did not know', 'You'll change your mind and call my name', wish it was more frequent. Prisoner has some of the best vocals I've ever heard. The long belt, the rap, it's just epic.

Comment

Originally posted by GRM
                                                Stunning début. Didn't realise how good this was until recently. Someday has one of the best melodies I've ever heard - 'You were so blind to let me go, you had it all but did not know', 'You'll change your mind and call my name', wish it was more frequent. Prisoner has some of the best vocals I've ever heard. The long belt, the rap, it's just epic.
                                                The rap is epic. Epic fail.
                                                I like the song, I just cringe when I hear Mariah rapping. I don't think (or at least, I don't want to think) that Mariah decided to rap. I really hope that someone told her "Hey, do a little rap thing in the song" and she did it.
                                                Seriously, she rhymed "actions" with "reactions". That's like a rap coming from the whole Young Money camp - Lil' Wayne and Drake. (Yeah, her too. )
                                                can you commit to be my everything?

Comment

My 4th fav MC album .. This is 1 of the best debuts ever , I love LTT , prisoner , vanishing , VOL and IDWC ... This album is behind butterfly , Mimi , and daydream
                                                  Proceed with Caution

Comment

Originally posted by ANH
                                                    Originally posted by GRM
                                                    The rap is epic. Epic fail.
                                                    I like the song, I just cringe when I hear Mariah rapping. I don't think (or at least, I don't want to think) that Mariah decided to rap. I really hope that someone told her "Hey, do a little rap thing in the song" and she did it.
                                                    Seriously, she rhymed "actions" with "reactions". That's like a rap coming from the whole Young Money camp - Lil' Wayne and Drake. (Yeah, her too. )
                                                    I love the rap. It's so cute!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X