• Originally posted by LambChild
      Originally posted by DOSSOME
      Crybaby <333333

Comment

• Listening to this after a while.
        It's so good and so underrated among fans

Comment

• Petals <3

One of her very best. Why Lambs never claim it is beyond me.
          Floped and localed

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravity
            Petals <3

It might be my favourite song ever

Comment

• Re: Mariah Carey | Rainbow

I love this record. I remember buying it when it first came out.
              I love the singles: 'Heartbreaker', 'Thank God I Found You' and 'Crybaby' are among my favourite Mariah tracks. 'Bliss' and 'After Tonight' should've been singles too.
              Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Petals <3

Screw lambs. They can keep MIATEC. Back to Petals. I absolutely adore this song.
                Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney

Comment

Petals is pure bliss.
                  You ain't gotta break down,
                  YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

• Well this lamb is here to say itís one of my favorite albums. The only song I really canít get into is How Much.

Heartbreaker, Canít Take That Away, Petals, Bliss, Against All Odds, and Crybaby are some of my favorite songs ever.
                    funny how one can learn
                    to grow numb to the madness
                    and block it away

Comment

• I can't be the only one who thinks the cover is tacky af
                      Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

She was so cool and down to earth during this era. The interviews and promotional videos/skits are EVERYTHING. Bianca! She was a trendsetter

Comment

• Played this recently with the anniversary of Crybaby earlier this week [one of her best music videos btw]

Didn't realise just how many songs from this bops.

Bliss >>>
                          After Tonight >>>
                          Crybaby >>>>
                          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• BLISS is an EARGASM.
                            But the album remains one of my least faves by her.
                            Her tone was to die for, tho.
                            Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• "Rainbow Interlude" should have been a full song!

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack
                                "Rainbow Interlude" should have been a full song!
                                Preach
                                Floped and localed

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack
                                  "Rainbow Interlude" should have been a full song!
                                  Preach
                                  YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

• Can we just talk about how brilliant the remixes she made for the singles? "Heartbreaker (Desert Storm Remix)" with Missy and Da Brat, "Thank God I Found You (Make It Last Remix)" with Joe and Nas, and "Can't Take That Away (Morales Triumphant Revival Remix)" are all amazing resung and restructured remixes that are among her best!

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack
                                      Can we just talk about how brilliant the remixes she made for the singles? "Heartbreaker (Desert Storm Remix)" with Missy and Da Brat, "Thank God I Found You (Make It Last Remix)" with Joe and Nas, and "Can't Take That Away (Morales Triumphant Revival Remix)" are all amazing resung and restructured remixes that are among her best!
                                      Heartbreaker / If You Should Ever Be Lonely is the best remix of the era IMO.
                                      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• What do Mariah enthusiasts think of this album?

I tried so many times to get into Butterfly but it never clicked with me. I find the songs too long, samey and not as strong as some pretend them to be. Of course you have treasures on it like The Roof and My All but as a whole package it doesn't impress me.
                                        SO I decided to just try Rainbow for once as I never listened to it before. Surprisingly, I found this album to be more "reachable" and easy to get into. Songs like Petals and Thank God I Found You really impressed me. Did I Do It was quite interesting to listen to because I never heard a song like that from Mariah. After Tonight is beautiful too, sounding like My All's little sister.

I'd like to know how you guys think of this album. It's funny how "instantly impressed" I was with this album and never was with Butterfly after trying so many times. Even the rnb inspired songs like X Girlfriend were fun to listen to.

Comment

• Originally posted by LotsOfLove
                                          What do Mariah enthusiasts think of this album?

I tried so many times to get into Butterfly but it never clicked with me. I find the songs too long, samey and not as strong as some pretend them to be. Of course you have treasures on it like The Roof and My All but as a whole package it doesn't impress me.
                                          SO I decided to just try Rainbow for once as I never listened to it before. Surprisingly, I found this album to be more "reachable" and easy to get into. Songs like Petals and Thank God I Found You really impressed me. Did I Do It was quite interesting to listen to because I never heard a song like that from Mariah. After Tonight is beautiful too, sounding like My All's little sister.

I'd like to know how you guys think of this album. It's funny how "instantly impressed" I was with this album and never was with Butterfly after trying so many times. Even the rnb inspired songs like X Girlfriend were fun to listen to.
                                          It was an album meant for the charts, but I think it grew on me again recently.

Originally posted by RayRay
                                          Originally posted by GetBack
                                          Can we just talk about how brilliant the remixes she made for the singles? "Heartbreaker (Desert Storm Remix)" with Missy and Da Brat, "Thank God I Found You (Make It Last Remix)" with Joe and Nas, and "Can't Take That Away (Morales Triumphant Revival Remix)" are all amazing resung and restructured remixes that are among her best!
                                          Heartbreaker / If You Should Ever Be Lonely is the best remix of the era IMO.
                                          I love that resung remix as well!

Comment

"Butterfly" is a far more artistic body of work. She was absolutely free to do whatever was on her element and delivered one of the best R&B albums ever. That one has purely made for music appreciators. Lyrically it's just incredibly beautiful. Every song.

"Rainbow" on the other hand was a quick escape to get out of her record label. 3 months to get it ready and some fillers. No artistic soul aside from Mariah's Theme, Heartbreaker and Petals. That's why it's probably her most forgotten release from the 90s.
                                            YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

So I've been listening to this for a while now and bought my copy also a week ago.
                                              I really enjoy this album! I haven't stopped listening to it since. For an album that was rushed just to end the contract, it's pretty damn solid!

Heartbreaker was the perfect first single for this. Such a great track! But then I would have only released the ballads, I think she could've had great success with this album actually. I know the situation with her label wasn't the best (unfortunately) thus making things more difficult. But I wish she released CTTA as the second single. That song screams number 1 hit! Following with TGIFY (another number 1) and as the fourth single I would've chosen Petals. That song is incredibly beautiful. Must be one of my favorite Mariah tracks ever. Bliss or After Tonight could've been the final fifth single.

This could've been a murder era imo. Maybe I'm wrong but the ballads on this album are really nice!

The only two songs I don't like is the Heartbreaker Remix, which I find misplaced in this album and Against all Odds, an incredibly boring rendition of a boring song to begin with. Vulnerability interlude is horrendous too

But I'm glad I can add this to my Mariah cd's.

Comment

• Apart from that bedroom underwear photoshoot, there were a lot of other photos she could have used for the booklet.

Comment

• Originally posted by LotsOfLove
                                                  So I've been listening to this for a while now and bought my copy also a week ago.
                                                  I really enjoy this album! I haven't stopped listening to it since. For an album that was rushed just to end the contract, it's pretty damn solid!

Heartbreaker was the perfect first single for this. Such a great track! But then I would have only released the ballads, I think she could've had great success with this album actually. I know the situation with her label wasn't the best (unfortunately) thus making things more difficult. But I wish she released CTTA as the second single. That song screams number 1 hit! Following with TGIFY (another number 1) and as the fourth single I would've chosen Petals. That song is incredibly beautiful. Must be one of my favorite Mariah tracks ever. Bliss or After Tonight could've been the final fifth single.

This could've been a murder era imo. Maybe I'm wrong but the ballads on this album are really nice!

The only two songs I don't like is the Heartbreaker Remix, which I find misplaced in this album and Against all Odds, an incredibly boring rendition of a boring song to begin with. Vulnerability interlude is horrendous too

But I'm glad I can add this to my Mariah cd's.
                                                  Great to see your love for this album. I sometimes feel I'm like the only lamb who loves it so much.
                                                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• It's not a bad album, it just happened to come after her most acclaimed one.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X