Mariah Carey - Rainbow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crybaby is errthang.

I love the live performances from the Rainbow Tour, so fun.

The one at Milan is my favorite, she nailed it.

Comment

• She has no bad albums tbh

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
        She has no bad albums tbh
        that's so true. I mean I may be bitching about Memories of no Melodies.... but even that one has a unique vibe and some amazing songs.
        My Chart

Comment

• The Vulnerability (Interlude) really is something else.
          She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

This is very true.
            Her discography is untouchable. The best EVER.
            I find MB a little boring (just a matter of taste) but it's an amazing album with some of her best vocals.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrDash View Post
              The Vulnerability (Interlude) really is something else.
              I know.
              I love it!
              The interludes on Rainbow should've been full songs.

Comment

• Rainbow is a very special album for me. I had just ‘came out’ and when I seen the album cover, it almost seemed like Mariah was saying “it’s ok.” The first time I heard Can’t Take That Away it seemed to speak to me in a very personal way. As for Petals, it’s in my top 10 Mimi songs, the lyrics, melody, voice, it’s all there and I love it.
                I remember rushing to the record shop to buy the album but when I arrived, they told me it was delayed! The internet was very much in its infancy and there was no way of finding out. I took the day off college and went back the following week and there it was. I miss those days, the excitement of buying a physical album on day of release having only heard one song, in this case, it’s was Heartbreaker.
                Rainbow was also my first Mariah concert. It was in Wembley and when she appeared I think my heart stopped lol. Seeing her beauty for the first time, hearing that voice live for the first time, it was like heaven.
                As I’ve got older I realise that to me, it’s not one of her best albums but it will always have a special place in my heart.
                I know, there is a rainbow.......
                ...as I close my eyes, steady my feet on the ground.....

Comment

Agreed (assuming Charmbracelet doesn’t exist)

Comment

• Originally posted by DOSSOME View Post
                    This tea!
                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by DOSSOME View Post
                      Girl byeeee

Comment

• Originally posted by monarcbutterfly View Post
                        I miss those days, the excitement of buying a physical album on day of release having only heard one song, in this case, it’s was Heartbreaker.
                        I feel u, dahling!

Originally posted by DOSSOME View Post
                        Oh please, even if you're not into her singing style on that God-like album, you have to give some credit for the brilliant lyricism - her best ever - and some undeniable gems.

I guess this level of greatness is not for everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                          Oh please, even if you're not into her singing style on that God-like album, you have to give some credit for the brilliant lyricism - her best ever - and some undeniable gems.

I guess this level of greatness is not for everyone
                          Lyrically, CB is 2nd to Butterfly but the singing is so off-putting and the overcomplicated melody on some of the songs ruined the album for me

Comment

• Currently listening to this. We love an underrated gem. Y’all praise TEOM but this gets paid dust? Damn ma this is a McDonald’s.

The ”Heartbreaker“ remix is so misplaced though.
                            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Ok, but her Rainbow Tone was something else. The richness SNAPPED!

Comment

• Just came here to say that the Vulnerability interlude is majestic.
                                See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                  Just came here to say that the Vulnerability interlude is majestic.
                                  Absolutely!

Why .... oh whyyyy ....
                                  She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

I agree. Even the album that I would listen to, the least, still a fantastic album. Love all her discography! Even though, of course, like everyone else, I have some favorites...
                                    Underneath The Stars

Comment

• Happy Anniversary to Mariah's Theme!

Comment

• This is too underrated among her fans. It deserves to be appreciated more.

Comment

• I can't believe "How Much" was the best thing she and Usher could come up with.
                                          You ain't gotta break down,
                                          YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

• Today marks the 20th Anniversary of the album.

I think its passing by quietly this year because of the Merry Christmas hype

Comment

• 20 years wow. This is one of her most iconic eras. Sis gave us a new look & Bianca
                                              Last edited by TheRealest; Mon November 18, 2019, 05:04.

Comment

• & why is this in the 2000s

Comment

• Kandi on how she and Mariah wrote X-Girlfriend:

Comment

Working...
                                                  X