Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheRealest
    Congrats

Vocally and aesthetically, the Monica version is more to my liking. Deal.
    Originally posted by beredy
    When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Easther's flawless soft vocal >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by MusicJunk90 View Post
        I never knew the Monica version as a kid, so it was Eternal's version I grew up with being from the UK.

Eternal really did have the discography (and typical girl group drama) to be huge in America. And this song proves it - the fact Monica took it all the way to #1 on Billboard. It wasn't even Eternal's biggest hit either. "Stay" could've been a (bigger) hit in the US too, "Good Thing", "Power of a Woman", "Just A Step From Heaven" (sick video), "I Wanna Be The Only One" etc. etc.

I also loved that there were 3 black girls and 1 white girl in the group...You don't see that setup often, it's usually the other way round. I really liked having Louise in the group tbh. A shame she left. I encourage anyone stateside or anyone not familiar with the group, to check them out! Vocally, Easther's voice was up there with the other 90's US R&B girl groups of the time.

"Stay" was actually a top 20 hit on the Billboard Hot 100 too, so it's totally odd that they stopped releasing music in America after that. Clearly they had a bit of interest with their debut single, so it made no sense not to build on that. Talk about missed opportunity!
        they released sweet funky thing as a promo after stay.... it stalled #54 in r&b airplay... In 90s; EMI never was never supporting european acts in us..even roxette's popularity faded in us... eternal was so suitable for us market... I bet easther got mad, when she learned that this song got #1 in us

Comment

Lite-Fmnica
          Originally posted by beredy
          When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Working...
          X