No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey - Emotions [album]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my all time favorite albums. And one I stil love to play today from start to finish.

It starts of with one of my all time favorite songs: Emotions. Puts a smile on my face every time. Love the high notes.

Can't Let Go has one of the most beautiful intro's of her carreer. Love the drama and the passion.

Make It Happen is such a great up lifting song with great story telling.

If It's Over is MC and Carole King at their best.

You're So Cold has such an amazing intro. Mariah's vocals are out of this world here.

So Blessed: love the lyrics, love the vocals. This song is BIG!

To Be Around You: this song makes me think of parties and summer time. Love the overall feel.

Till The End Of Time: such an amazing song. It's like a mini romantic movie that sweeps me of my feet.

And You Don't Remember is just a regular MC ballad and The Wind is a little too jazzy for me, but still: both songs deserve their place on this album too.
    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

"If It's Over" is amazing. It should have been a single!

"Can't Let Go" is a great song as well.

Comment

Did she ever perform And You Don't Remember?

Comment

Originally posted by grooveboy
          Did she ever perform And You Don't Remember?
          Not that I know of. Only in this add:

[youtube:28gjt5hk]IpuUVnqFOrw[/youtube:28gjt5hk]

Comment

Re: Mariah Carey - Emotions [album]

Vocally glorious but a very boring album. "You Don't Remember" was one of the finest songs on it, though.
            You ain't gotta break down,
            YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

This was her shortest era.

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack
                I know. When I read I'll Be There was her new single, I thought it was a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by RayRay
                  I know. When I read I'll Be There was her new single, I thought it was a mistake.
                  It didn't even last for half a year, it's like they moved on when "Make It Happen" underperformed.

Comment

I really only loved MC's music from Daydream onwards but in the last 6 months I've really come to appreciate the Emotions album. Better late than never, I guess.
                    Addict. Advocate. Author. Artist.
                    My journey of R&B, addiction and superheroes....
                    www.rawirijames.com
                    #LostBoy album and novel OUT NOW!

Comment

Re: Mariah Carey - Emotions [album]

IMO one of her worst love the singles though along with To be around you and Your so cold.

Comment

Her team was really smart to end the era so fast. She would have been a Paula Abdul if her team wasn't quick enough to get her to do the Unplugged album and the Music Box album soon after. It's definitely a safe follow-up to her debut, a lot of singers who have really huge eras suffer this fate of having a not-so-good sophomore album.

Comment

Her team was really smart to end the era so fast. She would have been a Paula Abdul if her team wasn't quick enough to get her to do the Unplugged album and the Music Box album soon after. It's definitely a safe follow-up to her debut, a lot of singers who have really huge eras suffer this fate of having a not-so-good sophomore album.
                          There were enough great songs left to release as follow up single to Make It Happen.
                          Emotions could have been much bigger had they not end the era so fast.

Comment

Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                            Not that I know of. Only in this add:

[youtube:28gjt5hk]IpuUVnqFOrw[/youtube:28gjt5hk]
                            She was looking very Music Box Era in this commercial!
                            Underneath The Stars

Comment

This album is definitely one of my favorites!! Criminally underated
                              Underneath The Stars

Comment

Till the end of time (extended panpipes version)
                                just EPIC!

Comment

and you don't remember, should have been a single

Comment

Emotions AKA The Vocal Bible

She SAAAAANG on this album. Vocally, her very best.

I just noticed that she belted an A5 on "To Be Around You" (3:04, BG harmonies)

A BOP btw.

Comment

To Be Around You gets me in my feels.

Comment

One of my all time favorite albums. And one I stil love to play today from start to finish.

I completely agree with you [MENTION=31471]RayRay[/MENTION]!
                                        Underneath The Stars

Comment

Another album of hers that can play from start to finish without skipping any track.

Masterpiece after masterpiece.

I was listening to it and suddenly You're So Cold started to play and man, that Intro alone put every other singer to shame. What a vocal beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post

I was listening to it and suddenly You're So Cold started to play and man, that Intro alone put every other singer to shame. What a vocal beast.
                                            Best intro ever!

Comment

When I discovered this album in the 1990s... I was like... ehm... why wasn't this the biggest album ever? LOVE it.

It may not have lasted that long, but it still went 4x Platinum... lol.
                                              My Chart

Comment

Emotions Era was so short! (and a bit eclipsed by Unplugged).

I count those two as the same Era tho, at least vocally. That was her first vocal peak IMO - and my favorite ('91-'92). Every register was ON POINT.

Comment

27th Anniversary of Make It Happen!

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Til the end of time, CLG and So Blessed are beautiful gems

Comment

Working...
                                                    X