Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey - One Sweet Day (feat. Boyz II Men)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OSD is defined by class and quality. Mariah is a beast here.
    You ain't gotta break down,
    YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

A lot of the credit goes to Mariah here but Boyz II Men had their share of lengthy reigns at number one as well. "End of the Road" was number one for 13 weeks and "I'll Make Love to You" was number one for 14 weeks.

Comment

Re: Mariah Carey - One Sweet Day (ft. Boyz II Men)

A slice of cheesiest songwriting, even worse than ''Everything I Do'' in that aspect.
        Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Originally posted by heppolo
          A slice of cheesiest songwriting, even worse than ''Everything I Do'' in that aspect.
          Never. This is far from cheesy. The lyrical content put into a real life situation makes it relevant as ever. Everyone has lost someone close to them. This song is relevant to everyone.
          | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

OK, Bye

Comment

Originally posted by Guru
              Everyone has lost someone close to them. This song is relevant to everyone.
              The feeling of grief and loss is tough as nails and can never be turned into a relatively harmless sing-a-long tune. There are definitely less accessible songs dealing with personal grief in almost every music genre.
              For me personally the feeling of loss is equivalent to an hour long track of an act like Merzbow (pure white noise, drone, damage music, wall of noise basically)'. It is the feeling of unease which can't be shared or explained, a feeling of irrelevance.

Comment

This is for them people's who just lost somebody. They best friend, they baby, they man or they lady.

Comment

Originally posted by ludichris
                  This is for them people's who just lost somebody. They best friend, they baby, they man or they lady.
                  Sounds like some urban ghetto 15 year old’s poetry project
                  Originally posted by Kaloki
                  I don't understand why WBT still isn't at #1 tbh.

Comment

The feeling of grief and loss is tough as nails and can never be turned into a relatively harmless sing-a-long tune. There are definitely less accessible songs dealing with personal grief in almost every music genre.
                    For me personally the feeling of loss is equivalent to an hour long track of an act like Merzbow (pure white noise, drone, damage music, wall of noise basically)'. It is the feeling of unease which can't be shared or explained, a feeling of irrelevance.
                    You clearly don't like Mariah or have anything remotely positive to comment about her, so why do you still bother?
                    YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

Don't really believe in Heaven, so never connected with this song.

Comment

Originally posted by DOSSOME
                        OK, Bye

Comment

Originally posted by biscuits
                          Don't really believe in Heaven, so never connected with this song.
                          I don’t either but I don’t take all the words literally
                          | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Originally posted by BlueScorpion
                            You clearly don't like Mariah or have anything remotely positive to comment about her, so why do you still bother?
                            In order to not make this thread look overwhelmingly positive. Mariah doesn't receive enough criticism here on UKMIx, when it should be day in, day out.

Comment

This discussion is pointless and just meh.
                              Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Kinda surprised it was only UK#6 and peaked at #25 in Germany

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack
                                  A lot of the credit goes to Mariah here but Boyz II Men had their share of lengthy reigns at number one as well. "End of the Road" was number one for 13 weeks and "I'll Make Love to You" was number one for 14 weeks.
                                  This.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueScorpion
                                    In order to not make this thread look overwhelmingly positive. Mariah doesn't receive enough criticism here on UKMIx, when it should be day in, day out.
                                    So you're here spreading negativity towards Mariah just to balance things? Mess.
                                    YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kaloki
                                      I don't understand why WBT still isn't at #1 tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                        And I oop-
                                        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Originally posted by BlueScorpion View Post
                                          So you're here spreading negativity towards Mariah just to balance things? Mess.
                                          This is a public forum in which sharing opinions, positive or negative, should be appreciated, as long as they are justified which is the case.
                                          I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                          I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

This song is breathtaking, Mariah at her best!!!. The success was down to Boys 2 Men just as much her, they were untouchable in the mid 90s U.S

Comment

Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                                              This is a public forum in which sharing opinions, positive or negative, should be appreciated, as long as they are justified which is the case.
                                              I always knew you were slow but you're one year later in to your reply, honey.
                                              YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

Happy 24th Anniversary to OSD ...

She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

One of her best songs. It’s so beautiful. Definitely deserved that record.
                                                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Working...
                                                  X