No announcement yet.

Madonna - Bedtime Stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This just about beats "Ray of Light" to become my favourite Madonna album. I'm not very interested in her 80s work and only like some of her 2000s material, but her LPs during the mid-late 90s were really stellar.

"Bedtime Stories" is so sexy. I love how that mood flows throughout the whole album - even in "Bedtime Story", despite it being pretty different from the rest of the material.

"Human Nature", "Secret" and "Bedtime Story" are 3 of her top singles ever, while "Inside Of Me" and "Survival" are two of my favourite album tracks. I don't think "Don't Stop" or "Take a Bow" are very interesting, but they don't spoil the sound of the album at least.

I wish her label had stuck with the original 2Pac version of "I'd Rather Be Your Lover" instead of doing damage control and getting rid of him to avoid controversy. His lyrics make the song a lot better. I'm glad that they scrapped the picture that was originally intended to be the album cover though, as I hate the bleached eyebrows and love the nose-ring on the official cover.
    late.

Comment

I love how this album starts with this lyrics:

I'll never be an angel
      I'll never be a saint, it's true
      I'm too busy surviving
      Whether it's heaven or hell
      I'm gonna be living to tell

So here's my story
      No risk, no glory

I feel like this is a very appropriate statement considering the fact she was coming from her most backlashed era!
      My Chart

My Rihanna Countdown

Comment

Her most forgotten album. But it's one of her best albums in my opinion.
        Survival, Human Nature, Secret, Inside Of Me, Love Tried To Welcome Me and Take A Bow are my favorite songs off the record.

cd/vinyl collection instagram
        http://www.instagram.com/i.love.collecting.cds

Comment

This is my least favourite Madonna album.

Comment

" Instead Of Spring , Its Always Winter ...
            And My Heart Has Always Been A Lonely Hunter... "

"Love Tried To Welcome Me" - Best song on this great and under-rated album
            Denise , we ( Madonna Fans ) will miss you A LOT !

Comment

MY FAV ALBUM OF HER!
              "LOVE TRIED TO WELCOME ME" is one of Madonna's best tracks ever recorded!
              the same for "INSIDE OF ME"

"Sanctuary" is another super-album track!!

Comment

In a contest two weeks ago the question was asked which your fave Madonna CD.
                To me it is a toss up between "Ray of Light" and "Bedtime Stories".

Love Tried to welcome me, Sanctuary, Forbidden Love and Take a Bow are too good....
                It is almost surreal that M made tius amazing record.

Love Tried to welcome me has amazing lyrics, Ia gree with tada.

and Forbidden Love has an amazing lyric whic I always remeber ; "Rejection, is the greatest afrodisiac"!
                And then the whispers from babyface...pfffff

But the team was good: Babyface, The amazing: Nellee Hooper and the "IT" kid of that time : Dallas Austin...

Brilliance...
                PURRRRRRFECTION!

Comment

If a fifth single had been released, Forbidden Love would've been the perfect choice!
                  My Chart

My Rihanna Countdown

Comment

I think it's official, this is my favourite Madge album
                    God Bless You... Akipaul> My Week Chart Potterhead.

Comment

It's a great album but i don't get the hate for Take A Bow

Love Tried To Welcome Me is one of the best ballads ever and they should've included it on STR album as well.
                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

This is her best album next to Erotica and ROL.
                        I adore Take a Bow. Such a classic. Sanctuary is one of the best tracks she has EVER written IMO. Amazing lyrics.
                        Haven't been early since '88

Comment

This is a truly underrated album, and the reason may have to both Erotica and Ray of Light.

There's a huge emphasis on the R&B scene that was occurring at the time and that's a strength for her. The songs are also romantic yet not as intrusive asErotica.

With that said, I highly doubt we'll see this side of the Queen of Pop again.

Comment

This is one of the most relaxing album ever, perfect to chill out!
                            My Chart

My Rihanna Countdown

Comment

Originally posted by swiftie13
                              I think it's official, this is my favourite Madge album
                              Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

"Take a Bow" is breathtaking!

Comment

Originally posted by GoodBoyGoneBad
                                  This is one of the most relaxing album ever, perfect to chill out!
                                  +1

Comment

1. Survival
                                    Love this song. Very catchy.

2. Secret
                                    Great lyrics.

3. I'd Rather Be Your Lover
                                    Okay, not one of my favorites though.

4. Don't Stop
                                    Okay, but not that special.

5. Inside Of Me
                                    Okay album track.

6. Human Nature
                                    Love this one. The video is GREAT!

7. Forbidden Love
                                    Not a favorite of mine.

8. Love Tried o Welcome Me
                                    LOVE this one!!!!!! One of her best ballads EVER!!!!

9. Sanctuary
                                    This is also brilliant! LOVE it!!!!!!!!! Great lyrics.

10. Bedtime Story
                                    Favorite song of the album! LOVE it!!!!

11. Take A Bow
                                    Used to be my favorite song on the album and I really wished it would be a single. When it was released I was so convinced it would be HUGE! I told everyone: "Have you heard the new Madonna single?! It's amazing!!!" Unfortunately it didn't do well in Europe. But I am glad it was a huge success in the US.
                                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

"Survival" is so sexy!

Comment

I think I'd Rather Be Your Lover is really underrated!

Does anyone know if she recorded the new songs from Something to Remember - I Want You, You'll See & One More Chance - during the Bedtime Stories sessions? I can imagine I Want You being included on the album after Forbidden Love.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshie
                                          Does anyone know if she recorded the new songs from Something to Remember - I Want You, You'll See & One More Chance - during the Bedtime Stories sessions? I can imagine I Want You being included on the album after Forbidden Love.
                                          Different sessions but I Want You had the same producer as most of Bedtime Stories.

Comment

The original version of I'd Rather be Your Lover includes 2Pac. It's amazing.
                                            Madonna promoting Pop & Rap collaborations back in 94

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAtuKRpxt4k

Comment

I think this was the first Madonna era I really experienced when it comes to the singles. Secret was played so much on the radio, I always link that song with my childhood. Sadly it wasn't a big success here. I remember seeing the Take A Bow video often on TV and also remember the Human nature video in 1995

Never knew of the song Bedtime Story though at that time ^^
                                              I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

Thanks, Brad! Yes, Nelle Hooper produced I Want You and also produced on Bedtime Stories.

I do wish Your Honesty and Let Down Your Guard, two fantastic songs that would fit the album perfectly, were included. Two more songs wouldn't have hurt...

Comment

Take A Bow, Secret & Human Nature are amazing songs.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLamb
                                                    Take A Bow, Secret & Human Nature are amazing songs.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X