Mariah Carey - My All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mariah Carey - My All

That guitar when it starts is so clear and crisp. And Mariah didn't quite whisper and sing like she did Butterfly. She belts out a good few notes too!

And I remember, I think it was her, Grammy performance!!! Live from somewhere!
    I loved this song for months before people starting bragging about it, before it became a single!
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Such an effortlessly beautiful song. The SNL performance was amazing. This song also has some of her best remixes!

Comment

This is undoubtedly her best ballad for me

Comment

Lyrically, this is MC's best song. It's easily my fave track on Butterfly.
        Akini's Top 400 Songs of the 2010s: [Starting soon]

The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood, he was one of them.

Comment

It's just okay.

Comment

I love this song. Great vocal and melody.

But it is certainly not her best ballad and not her best written song. She has so many better songs.

Comment

This has always been one of my Top 5 Mariah songs.
              From the second I heard it I wanted it to be a single.
              I was obsessed with this and the "Stay Awhile" remix for the longest time.
              I also loved the songs that it kind of spawned After Tonight and I Only Wanted.
              I liked the dance mix but the new vocals she did for it were slightly dissapointing and probablt the weakest part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by divasummer
                This has always been one of my Top 5 Mariah songs.
                From the second I heard it I wanted it to be a single.
                I was obsessed with this and the "Stay Awhile" remix for the longest time.
                I also loved the songs that it kind of spawned After Tonight and I Only Wanted.
                I liked the dance mix but the new vocals she did for it were slightly dissapointing and probablt the weakest part of it.
                I liked the new vocals...especially the just one more night parts.

Comment

Originally posted by RightToDream
                  It's just okay.
                  P=MC2's Top 20
                  Originally posted by Merci
                  Poszilicious, pussy served delicious!

Comment

One of my favourite MC tracks!

Comment

This is one of her best ballads, but she can't do this justice anymore.

Comment

GetBack needs to have an everlasting backseat. Because he can't even do himself justice anymore.

If you don't like Mariah Carey, then stop posting in threads pertaining to Mariah Carey.

It's that simple.
                        I can feel this light that's inside of me, growing fast into a bolt of lightning. I know one spark will shock the world...
                        --Katy Perry

Comment

I think she can still do the song justice. She might not sing the song in the original way it was recorded but her recent performances of the song have been great.

Comment

Anyways...

Yeah. This is a heartbreaking love song. The Stay Awhile remix is fire.

And the Spanish version is a work of art. Flaws and all.

As much of a gem My All is, Mariah has (lyrically) gone on to bigger and better things.
                            I can feel this light that's inside of me, growing fast into a bolt of lightning. I know one spark will shock the world...
                            --Katy Perry

Comment

One of her best balladas no question about it, her spanish version is good too

Comment

This is a very beautiful ballad from Mariah. I love the Latin vibe, the lyrics and, of course, the amazing vocal climax.

I disagree with the poster a couple of posts above that she can no longer do it justice. Her very last performance of it in Monaco proves she still sings it amazingly.

She looks breathtaking in the video.
                                DEBBIE GIBSON 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverYoung
                                  This is a very beautiful ballad from Mariah. I love the Latin vibe, the lyrics and, of course, the amazing vocal climax.

I disagree with the poster a couple of posts above that she can no longer do it justice. Her very last performance of it in Monaco proves she still sings it amazingly.

She looks breathtaking in the video.
                                  Just watched that performance, and yes, I think she sounded good in that one!

Comment

Great song... The latin vibe and the emotional singing gives it that special something.
                                    The loud ending was a bit expected as it's normal for Mariah Carey's ballads but it's OK...

If she released a song like this instead of some of her latest rather blah songs today, she could be really huge again (at least in the US)!
                                    Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

This is one of her worst singles and the only Butterfly track that I don't love
                                      Haven't been early since '88

Comment

my all is an amazing ballad..her voice and those belts
                                        Proceed with Caution

Comment

One of my all time favourite Mariah ballads. It was a huge hit here back then. A Turkish female singer even copied the entire video to her own song
                                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Just... her best song ever!
                                            vulnicura.

Comment

Casual listeners remember this song more than Honey, Butterfly etc

Comment

Originally posted by SpyVsSpy
                                                Casual listeners remember this song more than Honey, Butterfly etc
                                                I agree
                                                | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

This is amazing -- I love the Latin vibe and the simple yet powerful vocal performance!

Comment

Working...
                                                  X