X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordan Knight - Jordan Knight

Release Date: May 25, 1999
    Singles: "Give It to You", "I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man"

Jordan Knight is the eponymous debut album from New Kids on the Block lead singer, Jordan Knight. The album was released in May 25, 1999 and was certified Gold. It featured songwriting and production from Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, as well as Robin Thicke, who co-wrote eight songs in the album. The lead single "Give It to You" was nominated for Best Dance Video at the 1999 MTV Video Music Awards.

Track listing:
    1. "Give It to You"
    2. "A Different Party"
    3. "Change My Ways"
    4. "I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man"
    5. "Finally Finding Out"
    6. "Broken by You"
    7. "Don't Run"
    8. "Separate Ways"
    9. "Close My Eyes"
    10. "When You're Lonely"
    11. "Give It to You" (95 South Remix)
    12. "Can I Come Over Tonight"

"Give It To You" is great, don't know any of his other songs.
    My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

The guy had the looks, the stage presence and a good voice.

He should've gone solo after Step By Step. By 1999, it was too late.
      >>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

I liked that album, very pop.

He's the only one that could really sing of that group (the little one can sing too but now more than before and he was still a child then so his voice wasn't fully there imho )

Comment

I love "Give It to You"! Bar none, this is definitely my favorite thing to come out of NKOTB! He was ahead of the curve in terms of being a male pop star working with hood producers, LONG before JT did. I definitely hear some "Are You That Somebody?" and "My Boo" in there.
          [youtube:396r2a9u]ijXcYLV1aNg[/youtube:396r2a9u]
          Originally posted by beredy
          When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan
            The guy had the looks, the stage presence and a good voice.

He should've gone solo after Step By Step. By 1999, it was too late.
            It's not about momentum, there were also no breakout boyband stars by then. Not to mention, the early nineties killed almost all the teen pop idols of the eighties. He was clearly overshadowed by Ricky Martin (another solo star from a boyband who had to reinvent his image) but in all fairness to Jordan, he did quite well considering he was really leaning towards as urban sounding, and this was released during the domination of Max Martin's pop artists.

Comment

I just discovered Give It to You was penned by Robin Thicke!

No wonder the song is all kinds of sleazy!
              Originally posted by beredy
              When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Give It To You was a pretty big hit here and it was a great song, I agree with the Are You That Somebody comparison, Shame he didn’t seem to follow it up.
                1 pnau |2 Gabrielle Aplin |3 Dotter|4 Sofi Tukker |5 Afrojack

Comment

I used to love this, the video was constantly on The Box. Weird he never followed it up.

Comment

Very underrated solo album! He and Robin Thicke really had the voice and music. It's sad they weren't the package that was in, it was the moment of Ginuwine, Tyrese and (shirtless) Usher and all the Magic Mike kind of fastfood Jermine Dupri R&B acts.

Comment

This album was much better than it even needed to be . Of course "Give It To You" was a bop, but covering Prince is a tight-rope walk for anybody, much less a former boyband member and the dude pulled it off. Respect. There's some other decent jams here, if I remember correctly. May have to dig it out and revisit it now.
                      The sands of time fade into dark
                      Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
                      A message to madness
                      Feel music that's realness

Comment

Working...
                      X