No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey - Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish there was a video for the Art of Letting Go ...
    She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• Happy 5th Anniversary!

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack View Post
        I still wish there was a video for "You Don't Know What to Do".

Comment

• The album hasn’t aged well but the title is the most iconik ever.
          Originally posted by beredy

When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT, GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• The album hasn’t aged well but the title is the most iconik ever.
            Originally posted by beredy

When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT, GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
              The album hasn’t aged well but the title is the most iconik ever.
              Maybe you need to listen to Faded again

Comment

• Faded is everything. Must be one of my all time favorite Mariah songs.

And I'm sure this album would've done slightly better did she use the other album artwork, the close up. That whole body pic is a mess

Comment

• I was just listening to this yesterday! I totally forgot the anniversary.

The Art of Letting Go would have been a perfect title with only these songs.
                  1. "Faded"
                  2. "Beautiful" (featuring Miguel)
                  3. "You're Mine (Eternal)"
                  4. "Dedicated" (featuring Nas)
                  5. "Make It Look Good"
                  6. "Thirsty"
                  7. "Money" (featuring Fabolous)
                  8. "You Don't Know What to Do" (featuring Wale)
                  9. "Meteorite"
                  10. "The Art of Letting Go"

Now for the deluxe...
                  11. "Cry."
                  12. "Supernatural"
                  13. "Camouflage"
                  14. "One More Try"
                  15. "Heavenly (No Ways Tired/Can't Give Up Now)"
                  16. "Triumphant (Get 'Em)" (featuring Rick Ross and Meek Mill)

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                    I was just listening to this yesterday! I totally forgot the anniversary.

The Art of Letting Go would have been a perfect title with only these songs.
                    1. "Faded"
                    2. "Beautiful" (featuring Miguel)
                    3. "You're Mine (Eternal)"
                    4. "Dedicated" (featuring Nas)
                    5. "Make It Look Good"
                    6. "Thirsty"
                    7. "Money" (featuring Fabolous)
                    8. "You Don't Know What to Do" (featuring Wale)
                    9. "Meteorite"
                    10. "The Art of Letting Go"

Now for the deluxe...
                    11. "Cry."
                    12. "Supernatural"
                    13. "Camouflage"
                    14. "One More Try"
                    15. "Heavenly (No Ways Tired/Can't Give Up Now)"
                    16. "Triumphant (Get 'Em)" (featuring Rick Ross and Meek Mill)
                    Perfect tracklist imo. I can never understand why she included two songs from Angels Advocate on this album.
                    DISCOGS | LAST.FM | INSTAGRAM

Comment

• Originally posted by musiclover2174 View Post
                      Perfect tracklist imo. I can never understand why she included two songs from Angels Advocate on this album.
                      I am still trying to figure that out as well.

I remember back then someone alluded that there was some label politics involved but I am still wondering myself...

Comment

• I think that was answered here, someone said that she really wanted the Angels Advocate bonus material out that's why she included them. Also, there was a rumor that the Angels Advocate collabos got her to spend so much (in paying for the artists) so this was the only way for Mary J. Blige and R. Kelly's songs to be released.

Comment

• I never got the hate for the album. I mean yeah it’s definitely not her best and kind of chaotic at times but there’s some really good stuff on here. "#Beautiful" was the first Mariah song I ever liked when I was 12 and "Thirsty" is still THAT bop!
                          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Yep, ridiculous album title aside, there's a strong collection of songs here that I still listen to... Faded, YM(E), #b, Dedicated, YDKWTD, Thirsty, Money, MILG.
                            Baaaaad relationship??
                            The lyric video for my new single TRIP THE ALARM here!

♬ Keen addictions, between afflictions, I guess I had it coming...

Comment

• This should be in the 2010s. A mess.
                              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Supernatural is actually a very beautiful song.
                                I never liked it, probably I never really took the time to listen to it. But I really enjoy it now and loooove the production of it.

Weirdly I never got into Cry. It’s not a bad song but it never really impressed me either. Perhaps it was the wrong song to put as an opener.

Comment

• This was one of messiest times in her career.
                                  You ain't gotta break down,
                                  YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

• Well... It's no secret this is one of my least favorite Mariah albums (probably THE one, until recently)

BUT since I've been back to blazing this week, and some of these songs hit harder. I'm really into Cry and Supernatural.

I can kinda tell what she was trying to put out as a mother for the first time.
                                    Songs like #B, YDKWTD, Supernatural, Money, Dedicated are quite good quality jams, modern and grown.
                                    Some beautiful, intimate vocal moments for the lambily, also gotta say brave for current Insecuriah. Especially Cry., Camouflage, One More Try, The Art of Letting Go.
                                    And some upbeat Relevantriah: Thirsty, Meteorite.

The idea was there for sure, and she did her best.
                                    This album feels just all over the place for me, thus it doesn't really appeal to me.
                                    But I understand she was all over the place back in that time. I just don't have good memories with this album, the divorce, the manager, the mental and physical exhaustion she was clearly having in front of all of us and still faking it.
                                    Also the production and the vocals are a joke compared to the MARIAH MFing CAREY brand.

Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                    This should be in the 2010s. A mess.
                                    And this. It took me a couple of minutes to give up looking around in the 10s.

Comment

• Faded still one of her best songs ever. Like it’s immaculate really.

Comment

• Faded was my #1 most-played track for three years straight. Unstoppable! It's flawed, but I love the album more than the 2 that preceded it.
                                        The sands of time fade into dark
                                        Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
                                        A message to madness
                                        Feel music that's realness

Comment

• This is THE best album anyone going through the sh!T she was going thru both personally and professionally could ever put out.PERIODT!!!

Comment

• Faded was my #1 most-played track for three years straight. Unstoppable! It's flawed, but I love the album more than the 2 that preceded it.
                                            The sands of time fade into dark
                                            Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
                                            A message to madness
                                            Feel music that's realness

Comment

• My most played songs since November 2015 according to my last.fm:

01. Faded
                                              02. Make It Look Good
                                              03. You're Mine (Eternal)
                                              04. You Don't Know What To Do
                                              05. Meteorite
                                              06. #Beautiful
                                              07. Thirsty
                                              08. The Art of Letting Go
                                              09. Heavenly
                                              10. Cry
                                              My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Faded is so overrated imo. Especially the structure of the song and the lyrics...
                                                Love the beat and the vocals at the end tho.

Dedicated still remains unbothered

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchum View Post
                                                  Faded is so overrated imo. Especially the structure of the song and the lyrics...
                                                  Love the beat and the vocals at the end tho.

Dedicated still remains unbothered
                                                  This album has something for everyone. Dedicated is not even in my top 10...
                                                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Working...
                                                  X