Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Janet Jackson - All For You

[youtube:kfeg9qh1]vDsLcyl6FBE[/youtube:kfeg9qh1]

Hitting #1 in the USA on April 14th, 2001, 'All For You' was Janet Jackson's biggest hit of the noughties. The track was an international hit, reaching the top spot in the USA & Canada, whilst making the top ten in Australia, France, New Zealand & The UK.

Whilst #1 hits were nothing new to Janet, this would be her last #1 single in the USA. It was also the longest running #1 single of the year 2001 in the USA.
    Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

I thought I was going to open this topic since I was so excited with Unbreakable months ago.

This makes me miss this Janet so much, I can't believe this was so huge and then her career went down the drain just like that. "Doesn't Really Matter", "All for You" and "Someone to Call My Lover" are among her biggest hits (in recent time) that general public knew about.

Comment

I'm shocked there wasn't a thread for this already..Well,this is a classic without a doubt.What I've always loved about Janet is she's so effortless in her presentation.The choreography here and in several other music videos of hers was simple yet effective...I normally can't stand the "Look at me Dancing better than y'all" in your face kind of choreography the likes of ____ & ____ do all the time :-)

Comment

This is not even on her VEVO, or if ever it is, it's unavailable worldwide. :-? :-?

Comment

Definitely in my top 3 Janet tracks, I was OBSESSED with it at the time it came out and used to scour the music channels trying to find it.

Comment

This is great. It's a shame that this was her last hit. I remember this was the song that got me into her.
            Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney

Comment

One of her best the look, the video, the success, the vocals, the sample all worked so well and it still sounds so fresh.

Comment

What a flawless comeback!!!
                Tenth #1 song, huge first week sales... then the era quickly faded.

Comment

I love everything about this song :(

Comment

There's wasn't much strong songs from the album to be released as singles after this and "Someone to Call My Lover". "Come on Get Up" could have been a great single. The album flows so well as a whole though.

Comment

Originally posted by hellohello
                      This is great. It's a shame that this was her last hit. I remember this was the song that got me into her.
                      It wasn't her last hit. "Someone to call my lover" reached #3 on the Billboard Hot 100 and thats pretty much considered her last overall hit, or at least in the Top 10 as "Feedback" reached the Top 20. "All for you" was simply her last #1.
                      Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

Timeless classic

Comment

One of my faves from Miss Jackson. Still sounds HELLA good.

Comment

Originally posted by biscuits
                            Timeless classic
                            Quoted for truth!

Comment

Still her best track for me.
                              I was completely obsessed with it when it was released. Love the song, video and even the single cover.
                              i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Comment

Originally posted by DOSSOME
                                I love everything about this song :(
                                Floped and localed

Comment

One of my FAVORITE JJ songs ever. She was at the top of the world here - this song was everywhere. And then Nipplegate... so frustrating. I love the Damita Jo album - it had some great tunes!

Comment

Originally posted by quilmrt
                                    One of my FAVORITE JJ songs ever. She was at the top of the world here - this song was everywhere. And then Nipplegate... so frustrating. I love the Damita Jo album - it had some great tunes!
                                    This is from the album prior to Damita Jo though.

Comment

Guess I'm gonna have to ride it tonight...

This song and video are EVERYTHING!

Comment

I miss the summer feel-good Janet vibe of 2000-2002.

Comment

It was huge in 2001. Everyone at school loved it.
                                          Not a bad song.

Comment

This song never gets old.

Comment

Originally posted by intosoul
                                              One of my faves from Miss Jackson. Still sounds HELLA good.

Comment

It's aged so well. The colorful video deserves an upload on VEVO! Come on, Janet!
                                                You ain't gotta break down,
                                                YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

This getting snubbed in the VMAs is another crime!

Comment

The fact that this ghey ass dance pop song topped the black chart for weeks speaks volumes about Janet’s seniority in 2001, and how treasured she was in the urban community.
                                                    Originally posted by beredy
                                                    When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X