Faith Evans - Faithfully (2001)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faith Evans - Faithfully (2001)

The critically acclaimed third studio album by Faith Evans, released by Bad Boy Records in 2001. A phenomenal album that is now 15 years old! I'd definitely say it was her strongest effort. Great vocals, polished production and strong lyrics throughout it was a true R&B highlight of that decade. Anybody else a fan of this album?

[youtube:20o5ghb1]J8vGGWn2AmE[/youtube:20o5ghb1]

I am liking "You Gets No Love", "I Love You" and "Alone In This World". I have yet to hear the rest.
    Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney

Comment

"I Love You" is one of my ultimate fave songs!

Comment

Love this album definitely her best, it really sound like a Mary J Blige album though.

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack
          "I Love You" is one of my ultimate fave songs!
          Jennifer Lopez co-wrote that song! It was intended for her J.Lo album but went to Faith Evans instead due to her connection with P. Diddy and became a big Urban hit for her. Thank God because I cannot imagine J.Lo doing justice to the song at all.

Back to Love is such a hot retro uptempo. This album should've gone Platinum really.

Comment

Yeah, I don't think it would fit J.Lo's vocals especially during that time, but it kinda falls in the same boat as the other songs she wrote for This is Me.. Then actually. I just realized how Faith is very underrated vocally, she sings love ballads so well. My other ultimate fave song from her catalog is "Never Gonna Let You Go".

Comment

Alone in this World>>>>
              You Gets No Love>>>>
              Burin' Up>>>>>

This album was great but I enjoyed The First Lady more.

Comment

I always said that Faith's voice + Mary J Blige's music = my favorite artist ever.

Her tiddies were SITTING in that I Love You video.

Comment

My favorite album by her. So many great tunes. Alone In This World DESTROYS lives.
                  Also, her duet with Carl Thomas is one of my favorite songs ever.
                  Floped and localed

Comment

Originally posted by Gravity
                    Alone In This World DESTROYS lives.
                    YES. When I heard Monica's attempt at using the same sample it makes me appreciate Faith's song even more.

[youtube:a0s53zr6]NymW1p0jsLY[/youtube:a0s53zr6]

Comment

Don't Cry is such a beautiful song. Her voice on this one

Comment

It celebrated its 20 year anniversary earlier this month. I still stand by my statement of this being one of the finest female R&B releases of the 2000s. What a consistent album! I miss this kind of music and we don't hear it from the newer artists in the scene.

Comment

Yep this was an excellent album, I used to love “Where We Stand” and “Alone In This World”, I also miss great R&B albums like this.
                          1 Inna |2 Camila Cabello|3 Wizkid |4 Coldplay |5 Kevin McKay

Comment

Working...
                          X