Someone To Call My Lover
    4.17%
    Feels So Right
    20.83%
    Doesn't Really Matter
    4.17%
    Better Days
    54.17%

We finally have a thread to discuss my favourite album of all time!

SO UNDERRATED!

Comment

I remember buying this album in my lunch break.
      It came with a huge Janet Jackson poster that I walked around with the rest of the day in high school

Comment

There's only one song I didn't like on this album. And I love what it did for her in Japan.
        I mean, she was already HUGE in Japan, but All For You was the crown of her career in that country.
        Gone.

Comment

I was dissapointed with this album.
          It was really a bad decision to put the "sexy" mid-tempo's in the middle of the album IMO.

Of course there are lots of gems: You Ain't Right, All For You, Someone To Call My Lover, Son Of A Gun, Truth and Feels So Right.

Comment

My 3rd favourite Janet record!!!
            It's pure perfection tho. Janet could never do wrong until like late 2000s imo.

I remember being obsessed with Son of A Gun and its video when I was 9. I used to drive my sis crazy whenever this video came on. I've recently purchased the vinyl, and I fell in love with it all over once again.
            See, I'm looking for a man that'll rub me slow, make me sing real high when he goes down low

Comment

i also bought the vinyl recently but haven't had chance to listen to it yet

Comment

I have it on a CD (2 CD's actually), vinyl and cassette (Bulgarian edition).

Originally posted by YASgawd
                Janet could never do wrong until like late 2000s imo.
                Yeah, I agree. Only Janet albums in the past 30 years that are not deserving her name attached to them were 20 Y.O. and Discipline. Those were simply below her standards. Not bad but not good enough either.
                Gone.

Comment

^^ I still love and enjoy both of those records tho. It would be an amazing record if she waited and combined those two records' great songs.
                  See, I'm looking for a man that'll rub me slow, make me sing real high when he goes down low

Comment

Yes I often think about it and I even tried to make one album combining those two. That would be great.
                    Gone.

Comment

Why was Janet releasing so many albums after another?
                      Did she want to fullfil her contract?

Comment

Yeah, if we talk about Damita Jo and 20 Y.O. Not sure about Discipline. She was the main thing for nearly 20 years, 1986 - 2004, but then everything changed and she was probably little lost too.
                        Gone.

Comment

This is the first album that introduced me to her music. Before that I did not think much of her, just that I know she's Michael's sister lol. I loved "All For You" (the song) so much, that I ended up stealing my Aunt's "All For You" CD.

I love this album but ever since I've discovered her previous albums, I would say it's one of her weakest albums. I even prefer "Damita Jo" sometimes. Trust A Try, All For You, Doesn't Really Matter, You Ain't Right, Someone To Call My Lover and China Love are my top favourites.
                          Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney

Comment

^ that's cuz Damita Jo is actually a great album with so many gems.

All For You is the shit tho.

Comment

It's a shame that the era was cut short after four singles. :(
                              Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney

Comment

Poll added.

It's so hard to choose 5 songs for me! I guess in no order, I say:
                                Truth
                                When We Oooo
                                Someone To Call My Lover
                                China Love
                                Son of a Gun

But Trust a Try and All For You are right up there too.

Comment

Someone To Call My Lover is one of my favourite songs. Not only Janet's.
                                  China Love is amazing as well.
                                  Gone.

Comment

The most common complaint I see about this album is that the sex songs are in the middle (lame complaint tbh). But if it were changed, then I guess something like this would please them:

1. Intro
                                    2. All For You
                                    3. Come On Get Up
                                    4. Someone To Call My Lover
                                    5. Better Days
                                    6. Interlude
                                    7. Doesn't Really Matter
                                    8. Feels So Right
                                    9. Interlude
                                    10. Trust a Try
                                    11. You Ain't Right
                                    12. Interlude
                                    13. Son of a Gun
                                    14. Interlude
                                    15. Truth
                                    16. Interlude
                                    17. When We Oooo
                                    18. China Love
                                    19. Would You Mind
                                    20. Outro

I left off 'Love Scene' because that song is pure filler, and hardly anybody even likes it.

However, I personally have no problem with the track order. I see this as a concept album, and the order makes perfect sense.

Comment

I just wanna
                                      Kiss you, suck you, taste you, ride you
                                      Feel you, make you come too

Baby would you mind coming inside of me
                                      Letting your juices free
                                      Deep in my passion

Comment

Originally posted by biscuits
                                        The most common complaint I see about this album is that the sex songs are in the middle (lame complaint tbh).
                                        It would have been a lame complaint if the songs were actually great, but they are not.

Comment

Originally posted by ludichris
                                          I just wanna
                                          Kiss you, suck you, taste you, ride you
                                          Feel you, make you come too

Baby would you mind coming inside of me
                                          Letting your juices free
                                          Deep in my passion
                                          Cheap. And she sounds so **** on the following interlude about "how she didn't get to cum..." :-?

Comment

I love Would You Mind. Such an iconic song imo.

Comment

It's a great, feel good album, it flows so well, it doesn't have the substance of her earlier work that's a given but it was a breath of fresh air after the dark, moody, The Velvet Rope. It's sad she just stopped after "Son of a Gun". It felt so short compared to her other eras where she had at least six videos and singles, when all her albums' "life" in the charts lasted for at least two calendar years. :(

There was a point when I was waiting for a re-release when I heard that she was recording new material which ended up to be "Feel It Boy" (which I still loved). The only negative comment I have is that the tour set looked so cheap, she tried a bit too hard to cater to the teen pop revival crowd with her outfits, shoots and styling. :-? :-?

How she was convinced to wear this Teletubby-like costume still remains a mystery. :-? :-?

Comment

The tour was great, albeit a bit similar to 'The Velvet Rope' tour

Comment

Originally posted by biscuits
                                                  The tour was great, albeit a bit similar to 'The Velvet Rope' tour
                                                  It echoed the same set of medleys, that went on and on!

Comment

Working...
                                                  X