• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Janet Jackson - All For You [album]

It has the version she performed at the 2000 VMAs

Comment

Ok good, I accept that version

This will be the weakest album I'll own from her tho.

Comment

No itís her best!

Comment

Originally posted by biscuits
          No itís her best!
          I...

Comment

Anyone who believes that Janet wasnít already ratchet before she met JD should listen to Would You Mind?
            Originally posted by beredy
            When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Just posted in the Damita Jo thread, and this one doesn't get its fair due either. Her most pop album and yet another sonic departure for Janet. I think this might be her most impressive album from a vocal perspective. She uses her voice in amazingly diverse ways on 'You Ain't Right', 'Love Scene (Ooh Baby)' and 'Trust a Try', and I love that she sang fully with such a clear voice. This was her curtain call before she started using breath tone more, although Damita Jo also has some incredible vocals. I love the incorporation of oriental music and some of the rock numbers. The trio of songs relating to her divorce are amazing, and 'Truth' might be her most vulnerable moment ever. I can't hear that song without my heart going out to her massively. When she's not being self reflective, the vibrance and happiness oozes out of her here. The production and songwriting is excellent, particularly on 'When We Oooo', which might be my favourite here at the moment. I do think it was a transitional album after The Velvet Rope; upon her coming out of an abusive relationship and recovering from a breakdown, it was fantastic to hear her in a better place. The campaign never should have been cut short; I'd have loved to see 'Come On Get Up' and 'Trust a Try' get the treatment they were supposed to have.

On another note, the videos from this record are excellent. 'Son of a Gun (I Betcha Think This Song Is About You)' is incredible. She's never been more badass.

Comment

I still find this one pretty patchy, but it's got some nice highlights. "Trust a Try" not being released as a single was the biggest blunder of this era. That song could have easily moved another million units of the album.
                The sands of time fade into dark
                Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
                A message to madness
                Feel music that's realness

Comment

Working...
                X