TLC - Now & Forever : The TLC Hits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by topopMAC1
    Sorry... I'm having a bit of a TLC blitz atm... but I can't believe that the original NO rap version of "No Scrubs" is a Chili solo song... T-Boz and Left-Eye do not sing on the track... I've got the promo of "No Scrubs" and it says:

Background vocals by: Chilli, Debra Killings, Kandi Burruss, and Tameka Cottle.

Quite shocked about that!
    Kinda strange that there are more members of Xscape singing on that song than TLC!

That new compilation looks a bit pants to me - only 11 songs? I think I'll just stick to the first TLC GH I bought ("Now & Forever - The Hits"), which IMO is a more complete collection despite the missing "Dear Lie".
    "I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"

Comment

• That compilation came out in 2007!

There's ANOTHER compilation out now, which is again, rubbish!

Release date: 24th March 2008

The Greatest Hits Of TLC

1. No Scrubs
      2. Waterfalls
      3. Damaged
      4. If I Was Your Girlfriend
      5. Diggin' On You
      6. In Your Arms Tonight
      7. Ain't 2 Proud 2 Beg
      8. Over Me
      9. Creep
      10. Silly Ho
      11. I'm Good At Being Bad
      12. Kick Your Game
      13. Get It Up
      14. Give It To Me While It's Hot
      15. I Miss You So Much

AND another released in 2004 (not with photo, with a drawn picture design)...

Artist Collection:

1. Waterfalls
      2. My Life
      3. Damaged
      4. No Scrubs
      5. Ain't 2 Proud 2 Beg
      6. If They Knew
      7. Switch
      8. Girl Talk
      9. Lovesick
      10. Take Our Time
      11. Turntable
      12. If I Was Your Girlfriend
      13. 3D Intro
      14. Sumthin' Wicked This Way Comes
      "This time I'm gonna get it right. I'm gonna paint my face like the Guggenheim!"

Comment

• WTF? at "3D Intro" being included on that second one as track 13!
        "I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"

Comment

"Dear Lie" was also a T-Boz solo! Did they record anything on "Fanmail" together apart from "Unpretty"? It's strange there are so many solos, Debra Killings should have been part of the band, she sings on their songs more than the actual band do!
          I disagree. Debra Killings is exactly what they credited her with.. a background singer. She sings the choruses ALONG with TLC.TLC aint like DC3, if Debra Killings was a member she would get more time to shine than sanging in the background. If you check the credits for CSC, Left-eye also sung background with them as well on some songs. During the Fanmail era, Chilli said they only came and recorded their parts and left when they were done. Yea Fanmail is full of solos but there are songs such as "If They Knew", "I'm Good At Being Bad", "My Life", "Shout", "Fanmail", "Lovesick", "Automatic", as well as "Dont Pull Out On Me Yet" where they sung together. That's half of the cd but the other half is defintely composed of T-Boz and Chilli solo tracks.

Comment

• I was only joking you know!
            "This time I'm gonna get it right. I'm gonna paint my face like the Guggenheim!"

Comment

I was only joking you know!

Imagine if that was actually true!!
              1 pnau |2 Gabrielle Aplin |3 Dotter|4 Sofi Tukker |5 Afrojack

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy
                Originally posted by topopMAC1
                I was only joking you know!

Imagine if that was actually true!!
                :-? What's that supposed to mean?

Of course I was joking, it wouldn't be TLC with anyone else in the band!

Comment

• Got my "Turntable" promo CD through the post today and I hadn't realised that it was due to be the lead UK single from "Now & Forever" in the UK.

It says:

"From their forthcoming album, 'Now & Forever - The Hits'. In stores 24th November 2003" and then it says "In loving memory of Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes / 1971-2002"

Shame they didn't promote it very well! :(

Comment

• yeah, i remember the video being played a few times on MTV Base and then the release got cancelled.

"Come Get Some" was going to be the lead single in the US, but they cancelled that too because Usher had just come out with "Yeah".
                    Got a knife throwing kind of love
                    But your silence cuts the deepest

Comment

• Originally posted by Resentment
                      yeah, i remember the video being played a few times on MTV Base and then the release got cancelled.

"Come Get Some" was going to be the lead single in the US, but they cancelled that too because Usher had just come out with "Yeah".
                      Yeah, I remember seeing it on Kiss TV but I thought it was a lot earlier than around the time of the "Now & Forever" release.

Comment

• I don't understand this greatest hits! They only put three songs from FanMail!

What about these:
                        I'm Good at Being Bad
                        I Miss You So Much
                        Shout
                        Dear Lie
                        Don't Pull Out on Me Yet

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack
                          I don't understand this greatest hits! They only put three songs from FanMail!

What about these:
                          I'm Good at Being Bad
                          I Miss You So Much
                          Shout
                          Dear Lie
                          Don't Pull Out on Me Yet
                          yeah, "Dear Lie" and "I Miss You So Much" are one of their best ballads. But anyway, i guess it's pretty great GH collection.

Comment

• Was spinning this the other day - LOVE TLC - one of my all time fave acts...!

Comment

• Originally posted by tada
                              yeah, "Dear Lie" and "I Miss You So Much" are one of their best ballads. But anyway, i guess it's pretty great GH collection.
                              Dear Lie is my ultimate TLC song. I was devo when it wasn't included on this collection.
                              Remember us in AmenJena...

...If we could just go back to the start

Comment

• I was just playing this all day! My track listing would have been like this.

1. "Ain't 2 Proud 2 Beg"
                                2. "Baby-Baby-Baby"
                                3. "What About Your Friends"
                                4. "Hat 2 Da Back"
                                5. "Get It Up"
                                6. "Sleigh Ride"
                                7. "Creep"
                                8. "Red Light Special"
                                10. "Waterfalls"
                                11. "Diggin' on You"
                                12. "Silly Ho"
                                13. "No Scrubs" (Rap Version)
                                14. "Unpretty"
                                15. "Dear Lie"
                                16. "Girl Talk"
                                17. "Hands Up"
                                18. "Damaged"
                                19. "Come Get Some" (featuring Lil Jon & Sean Paul of YoungBloodZ)

Comment

• I loooove 'Whoop de woo'
                                  Uk the only way

Comment

• TLC is EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!
                                    Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

• I think this is the best compilation out of the many released compilations from them.

Now & Forever: The Hits - doesn't contain "Dear Lie"
                                      Collections - does not contain "Baby-Baby-Baby"
                                      Crazy Sexy Hits - shortened version of Now & Forever: The Hits
                                      The Greatest Hits of TLC - doesn't contain "Unpretty" and "Girl Talk"
                                      We Love TLC - does not contain "Damaged" and uses the remix versions of "Diggin' on You" and "Unpretty"
                                      Playlist: The Very Best of TLC - does not contain "Dear Lie" and contains the album version of "No Scrubs"

Comment

• Looking back, they were really barely functioning as a group when they released FanMail. As shown in their movie, they weren't even friends when filming "No Scrubs", which didn't show at all since they looked like they were having so much fun shooting the video. It's a miracle that amidst the turmoil they managed to end the nineties with one of the biggest R&B albums ever, they even had two #1 Hot 100 singles from FanMail which made them the only act in 1999 to achieve this feat.

Originally posted by youngd View Post
                                        I disagree. Debra Killings is exactly what they credited her with.. a background singer. She sings the choruses ALONG with TLC.TLC aint like DC3, if Debra Killings was a member she would get more time to shine than sanging in the background. If you check the credits for CSC, Left-eye also sung background with them as well on some songs. During the Fanmail era, Chilli said they only came and recorded their parts and left when they were done. Yea Fanmail is full of solos but there are songs such as "If They Knew", "I'm Good At Being Bad", "My Life", "Shout", "Fanmail", "Lovesick", "Automatic", as well as "Dont Pull Out On Me Yet" where they sung together. That's half of the cd but the other half is defintely composed of T-Boz and Chilli solo tracks.

Comment

Working...
                                        X