No announcement yet.

Kylie Minogue - Body Language

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dotmusic don't really have a lot of good things to say about "Body Language". They were paying her out for working with Karen Poole. I think some of the best songs on the album where the ones co-written by Karen.

Comment

TOTP site are also laughing off the Karen collaborations. Which ones did she write again?

Comment

"Sweet Music", "Red Blooded Woman", and "Chocolate". IMO, I think they're a few of the best songs on there!

Comment

My faves on the album are 'Still standing', 'Secret' and the best song 'red blooded woman'

*sings*
          Count backwards. 5,4,3,2,1
          When you left I lost a part of me, It's still so hard to believe
          Come back baby please cos We belong together

June 27th

Comment

I think this album will grow on me, the best tracks have already been mentioned.

I didn't know that Kylie wrote 'Slow', that's kewl, her first #1 she's written.
            Riposarsi Negli Pesca Madre - 1960 - 2004
            Ti Voglio Bene! Per corteśa orologio io!

Comment

"Chocolate" is clearly the best song on the album, followed close by "Slow", "Red Blooded Woman", "Loving Days" and "Obsession". Not to keen on "Still Standing", "Secret", "Sweet Music" and "I Feel For You": they don't really go nowhere.

Comment

I love this album.
                The best tracks in my opinion are

Secret (Take You Home)
                I Feel For You
                Still Standing
                Sweet Music
                Slow (obviously)

I think Red Blooded Women is an average track
                *Single Of The Week - Beverley Knight - Come As You Are*

Comment

I seem to like Chocolate but I dunno what else on there i like much.
                  She don't like that kind of behaviour.
                  So thrown down your guns,
                  Don't be so reckless.

Comment

Very old topic, I know, but I downloaded the Body Language B-sides and outtakes just to realise that most of them are better than album tracks!
                    City Games, Slo Motion, Cruise Control, Trippin' Me Up and On The Up to name a few, would have gone so well on Body Language, it's such a pity they weren't included.
                    On The Up would have made a great single, I love the "I'm not the question / I'm the answer /
                    Not the disco / I'm the dancer" line. I just can't get over how this song wasn't included. Body Language lacked this kind of song.

Tracklisting I would have recommended:

1. Slow
                    2. Trippin' Me Up
                    3. Still Standing
                    4. City Games
                    5. Secret (Take You Home)
                    6. Sweet Music
                    7. Red Blooded Woman
                    8. On The Up
                    9. Chocolate
                    10. Cruise Control
                    11. Obsession
                    12. Promises
                    13. Slo Motion

Comment

removing the amazing "Loving Days"? Dont think so...

Comment

Originally posted by mykka
                        removing the amazing "Loving Days"? Dont think so...
                        dude, I'm really suprised to see this album only has 3 pages of conversation here although the sound of this album (especially "Slow") wasn't as instantly catchy as the FEVER material, I think this still worked for Kylie and I definitely enjoy the vibe of the BL tunes

Favorites = "Slow", RBW, "Secret", "Sweet Music", "Chocolate", "After Dark", "Slo Motion"

Removable IMO = "Still Standing", "Promises", "Obsession", "Someday"

Solid B-Sides/Unreleased = "Trippin' Me Up", "Almost A Lover", "City Games"
                        last.fm

Comment

I think Body Language is a good album but the songs, as individuals, are very disposable. The album has a good concept to it though, I like the sound it has. I would say Still Standing and Promises are album highlights for me, you couldn't remove them.
                          I was really surprised at the AMG review giving it 4.5 stars and stating "In other words: a near perfect pop record".

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix98
                            Removable IMO = "Still Standing", "Promises", "Obsession"
                            Omg! These 3 are the best 3 album tracks, with Secret!

Comment

Originally posted by Jark
                              Originally posted by phoenix98
                              Removable IMO = "Still Standing", "Promises", "Obsession"
                              Omg! These 3 are the best 3 album tracks, with Secret!
                              haha...oh well, I definitely agree about "Secret", that definitely had my vote for 4th single

...but maybe I should give those other tracks a listen again, they were always the ones I skipped more often than not
                              last.fm

Comment

I love this album more now.

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack
                                  I love this album more now.
                                  Me too. I also lover her late 80/early 90's Madonna-esque albums as well.

Comment

Classic album.

Comment

Wow, what a nice surprise to see this topic! I love this album, it's actually my favourite from Kylie. It might not be the most hit packed album ever, but it's cohesive, atmospheric and always puts me in a good mood. I think this style suited her well, shame the era didn't last longer. I still listen to the album regularly.

My favourites are Chocolate, Slow, Still Standing, Sweet Music and I Feel For You.
                                      Oh, and I'd like to add that the promotional show for Body Language is one of her best live DVDs. If you haven't seen it already, it's worth checking out.
                                      Here's a little 'sneak peek':
                                      Still Standing Live
                                      Je t'aime/Breathe Live
                                      Slow Live

Comment

I really love the songs here more than ever, it's a shame it's overlooked among all her 2000s albums. I love the song "Slo Motion" right now, it should have made the main track listing!

Comment

This album really did get overlooked. I actually prefer it to 'Fever' which bar a couple tracks was too camp for me. I started to list my favourites but ended up going with 90% of the album! It's interesting to see how the album turned out since the leaked demos hinted to a continuation of 'Fever' like 'My Image Unlimited', 'I'm Just Here for the Music' and 'On the Up'.

Comment

Chocolate is the best single Kylie !!! IMO
                                            http://imageshack.com/a/img849/1083/53i6.jpg - Ghost Stories Collection
                                            http://imageshack.com/a/img673/1381/YsoAr1.jpg - Album of 2014

Comment

Lovin' Days and Obsession are fantastic!

I also loved Red Blooded Woman, the best single from this era. However, this wasnt one of my favorite Kylie albums, I prefer Fever and X.

Comment

Originally posted by Supernatural
                                                Chocolate is the best single Kylie !!! IMO
                                                I second that!

Comment

She's in a studio writing with Bonnie McKee and Greg Kurstin.... More Kylie magic on its way?
                                                  Nothing to lose, and we'd get messed up for fun, we went too fast too young

Comment

"Red Blooded Woman" is amazing, it should have been the first single!

Comment

Such an overlooked album - really great. All of the songs are good and marked a new territory musically for Kylie which unfortunately most of the general public weren't interested in hearing. One of her best and most experimental works.

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack
                                                        "Red Blooded Woman" is amazing, it should have been the first single!
                                                        No...

Slow is Everything

Comment

I think this era is when i started to regain a closer following on Kylie's career when i watched that TV special Body Language Live -which i bought later on- , i thought she looked amazing , i mean i liked her even more than on her Fever era (which , apart from CGYOOMH i didn't really follow, i mean i enjoyed her 2000-02 singles but that's it ) and I thought her sounds were more interesting as well (Slow is sexy as hell, Chocolate is superb, liked the whole thing) , i love me some sultry Kylie

Comment

Red Blooded Woman (album version + the narcotic thrust rmx), Slow and Secret were amongst kylie's best ever tracks.

God! I used to repeat those tracks hundred times, specifically Secret sounded absolutely unique and fresh
                                                            Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

Fantastic album.

There is zero filler on the record and some really great outtakes that were worthy of being on the album as well. Body Language is one of her most cohesive works. I love Urban Kylie, but what really makes this record so great in my opinion is the lyrics, which I feel don't get enough credit.

The singles released from the album were flawless choices, but there should have been more, especially Secret (Take You Home). I would have loved a tour as well -- I loved Money Can't Buy: Body Language Live. Her image throughout this era was on point.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X