No announcement yet.

Kylie Minogue - Body Language

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet Music, I Feel For You, Someday and Loving Days all have complex, innovative musical arrangements, especially IFFY and S, but they're the two most overlooked songs on the album so I think their creativity is underrated. The album was definitely an artistic effort for Kylie and a lot of people said that she was trying to capture the attention of the US with the Urban sound but it doesn't sound forced at all; Kylie is sexy and sultry throughout. I think Body Language is her most cohesive album, but Impossible Princess is better in quality IMO. It's secondary only to IP but I agree that Body Language is her best Parlaphone album/album of the 2000s.

Comment

• http://www.sputnikmusic.com/review/1386 ... -Language/

Comment

• Anyone know who produced City Games? The info isn't in the credits of the song on the back of the Chocolate CD single where it was a b-side, strange.

Comment

• I love this era, Slow performance at EMA is my favorite Kylie performance

Videos were great, amazing singles

Album is not instant, like other albums form her, it's really something different in her great post 1997 catalog

Comment

• Originally posted by Westen
            I love this era, Slow performance at EMA is my favorite Kylie performance

Videos were great, amazing singles

Album is not instant, like other albums form her, it's really something different in her great post 1997 catalog
            All of this. Her EMA performance of Slow is my favourite too, I think. The performances from this era were really fantastic; I was she would have toured.

I agree with the notion of the album not being very instant, not in the way that Kylie's other pop-leaning records -- which she is best known for -- such as Fever, X and Aphrodite are.

When I first listened to Body Language I enjoyed it from the beginning but I remember being quite surprised at the musical direction she took on the album and I think a lot of her fans didn't take to it and disposed of it too quickly. The thing is, had she released Fever part two, she would have still been criticised, so she couldn't win either way. She made the right decision and took the right directions with the album in my opinion.

Comment

• I think if she released Fever pt.2 it would've been more successful, it was safer time for industry and more loyal but she risked but it payed of (quality-wise)

oh my god, i forgot to mention slow b-side SOUL ON FIRE, everyone should listen this song, one of her best songs ever

Comment

• Originally posted by Westen
                I think if she released Fever pt.2 it would've been more successful, it was safer time for industry and more loyal but she risked but it payed of (quality-wise)

oh my god, i forgot to mention slow b-side SOUL ON FIRE, everyone should listen this song, one of her best songs ever
                I think everyone expected Fever part 2, and I'm surprised she didn't give it. But I think with BL she was trying to be a bit more mature sound wise. Some of this works, some doesn't, but Slow was huge! Hated the video though
                M08T10

Comment

• The lyrics for Obsession and Someday are amazing.

If deluxe editions were a thing back in 2003 I would have added these tracks to it: Cruise Control (solo version without rap); City Games; You Make Me Feel; and Slo Motion -- they would have rounded an excellent album off perfectly. Soul on Fire is great but it doesn't fit the overall sound of the album and Almost a Lover I don't think is up to the standard of the other tracks. She produced three great albums consecutively with Fever, Body Language and x and that would be four with Impossible Princess as well if it wasn't for the novelty Light Years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yoshie
                    The lyrics for Obsession and Someday are amazing.

If deluxe editions were a thing back in 2003 I would have added these tracks to it: Cruise Control (solo version without rap); City Games; You Make Me Feel; and Slo Motion -- they would have rounded an excellent album off perfectly. Soul on Fire is great but it doesn't fit the overall sound of the album and Almost a Lover I don't think is up to the standard of the other tracks. She produced three great albums consecutively with Fever, Body Language and x and that would be four with Impossible Princess as well if it wasn't for the novelty Light Years.

I totally agree!

Comment

Comment

• Pure Awesomeness :
                        Secret
                        Red blooded woman

Awesome :
                        Slow
                        Chocolate

;)
                        Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

• The whole album >>>>>

Late night sonic masterwork. Needs to be appreciated more.

Comment

• This is on my playlist for tomorrow. It's been too long!
                            M08T10

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123
                              This is on my playlist for tomorrow. It's been too long!
                              Enjoy it! Do you like the album? Plzzz say you do. Since you love Fever so much you might be in the camp who think this isn't pop enough.

Comment

• My 2 favourite:
                                Red Blooded Woman > Slow

Comment

Originally posted by menime123
                                  Enjoy it! Do you like the album? Plzzz say you do. Since you love Fever so much you might be in the camp who think this isn't pop enough.
                                  Nope I do love this one. Secret was crying out to be a single!
                                  M08T10

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshie
                                    Nope I do love this one. Secret was crying out to be a single!
                                    Yes, exactly! I don't understand why it was shunned. It was released as a promo single... in Taiwan.

Comment

• So I relistened and it's still a great album. Not as good as Fever, but stoll something new for Kylie - it's less poppy than LY and less electronic than Fever, but thankfully retains the maturity from Fever that lacked greatly in LY.
                                      M08T10

Comment

• It's great to see you stanning for this album, Yoshie! I'd say it's one of my all-time favourite albums.

Comment

• Interesting to hear you say that it's less electronic than Fever. I think it has more elements of electronic music -- its previous album on the contrary I feel is more or less indulged in different dance-pop and disco styles.

Originally posted by ThomyX
                                          It's great to see you stanning for this album, Yoshie! I'd say it's one of my all-time favourite albums.
                                          Yaaasss Body Language can't get enough love.

Comment

• I've been listening to this all week and it's funny in retrospect that people genuinely thought she was going all R&B It's just a bit of dirty pop!
                                            M08T10

Comment

I've been listening to this all week and it's funny in retrospect that people genuinely thought she was going all R&B It's just a bit of dirty pop!
                                              People really overreacted.

It has a lot of elements of Urban music, but it's a hybrid of electro pop and funk, I'd say.

Body Language is her most cohesive album by far.

Comment

I've been listening to this all week and it's funny in retrospect that people genuinely thought she was going all R&B It's just a bit of dirty pop!
                                                People really overreacted.

It has a lot of elements of Urban music, but it's a hybrid of electro pop and funk, I'd say.

Body Language is her most cohesive album by far.
                                                Urban was huge at the time and in her defence, lots of acts were merging their genres at the time. At least she did it on her terms, and it fits in with her discography. But I can hardly hear it it's so common place now.

I think Fever is more cohesive tbh. But both albums do sound samey when you listen to them from start to finish.
                                                M08T10

Comment

• This is her best and most consistent album IMO, I loved it on first listen.

Comment

• And let's not forget about the flawless show that is Body Language Live!

She looks fantastic and she's slaying those vocals, amazing concert.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X