This album deserved much more.

Comment

• Originally posted by LotsOfLove
        The singles should've been like this :
        1. Slow
        2. Secret
        3. Chocolate
        4. Someday
        Someday is an inspired choice for a single release. Most consider it one of the throwaways of the album, wrongly in my opinion. I don't think it screams hit single, though; the production is too left field for radio.

Comment

• Disappointing follow up to the very solid Fever.

Comment

• Her second best album after "Impossible princess". This is way much better than "Fever".
            Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix
              Her second best album after "Impossible princess".
              I agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by ludichris
                Disappointing follow up to the very solid Fever.
                I think people underrate Body Language BECAUSE it followed up Fever. If I could go back and re-write history I'd have had her record another album inbetween Fever and Body Language as a transitional album, as Body Language could've easily been released in 2005 and still been a success.

Sweet Music absolutely should've been a single.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yoshie
                  Originally posted by LotsOfLove
                  The singles should've been like this :
                  1. Slow
                  2. Secret
                  3. Chocolate
                  4. Someday
                  Someday is an inspired choice for a single release. Most consider it one of the throwaways of the album, wrongly in my opinion. I don't think it screams hit single, though; the production is too left field for radio.
                  I don't think it screams hit single neither but I think it would be a nice addition as a single if the others were released before that one. It somehow has the same mood as Chocolate and it kind of has this summer's ending - autumn's starting vibe so it could have been nice to have this as a late summer track. A little sweet song to end this era

But well I can't rewrite history

Comment

• It's a shame Made Of Glass was never included on the album and never received single treatment. Love this song

Comment

• Re: Kylie Minogue - Body Language

Not her best album but it was really a trend for female UK popstars back then, everybody wanted to follow that 80's eletro-pop sound. "Promises", "Secret (Take You Home" and "Sweet Music" are my favorite.
                      I know how I feel when I'm around you, I don't know

Comment

• Originally posted by atrophyfathers
                        "Promises", "Secret (Take You Home" and "Sweet Music" are my favorite.
                        Nice to see some love for the criminally underrated Promises! The production on that song is excellent; sonically I think it's one of the album's highlights too.

Comment

My favorite album of hers. It still sounds fresh
                          Floped and localed

Comment

Promises, Someday, Chocolate <3

Comment

Originally posted by atrophyfathers
                              "Promises", "Secret (Take You Home" and "Sweet Music" are my favorite.
                              Nice to see some love for the criminally underrated Promises! The production on that song is excellent; sonically I think it's one of the album's highlights too.
                              The instrumental is very crunchy and the song sounds very fresh, definitely the best of the album

Comment

• Masterpiece.

I stay mad that this album was so overlooked and didn't catch either the public's attention or get the critical appraisal that it truly deserves.

Comment

Promises is one of her best songs. <3
                                  Floped and localed

Comment

After all this time, i bought the CD today

Comment

Masterpiece.

I stay mad that this album was so overlooked and didn't catch either the public's attention or get the critical appraisal that it truly deserves.

Her own fault for not touring it.

It’s probsbly my 2nd or 3rd favourite Kylie album but as brilliant an album as it is, it doesn’t contain many songs that would have worked as singles. She did well to pull off Slow and make that a #1 single in the UK imo - though I still think the video doesn’t work for the song at all.
                                      M08T10

Comment

• I can't imagine any other video for Slow. It's interesting that you think it doesn't work for the song as I don't think that's a popular opinion. How do you envisage the video?

Comment

I can't imagine any other video for Slow. It's interesting that you think it doesn't work for the song as I don't think that's a popular opinion. How do you envisage the video?

I find it a very dark song, so expected something more in line with the single artwork:

The whole lounging around in the sun is the exact opposite of what I expected and what I see when the song comes on.
                                          M08T10

Comment

• Ordered my Japan edition yesterday for 6€

Guess it’s worth it, the 2 bonus tracks are outstanding. This album is so so good.

Are there other Japan versions of her albums that are worth it?
                                            Last edited by LotsOfLove; Sat November 16th, 2019, 09:04.

Comment

• Received my Japan copy and the album is so much better now. It's already been one of my favorite Kylie records (IF not my favorite) but these 2 additional songs really add more beauty to this record.

Incredible album that truly deserved better. Slow is timeless.

Comment

• Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
                                                Ordered my Japan edition yesterday for 6€

Guess it’s worth it, the 2 bonus tracks are outstanding. This album is so so good.

Are there other Japan versions of her albums that are worth it?
                                                where did you buy it from?

well the JP reissue (2012) of Let's get to it has like 7 extra songs, 3 of them are diff from other releases I think: Finer Feelings Brothers in Rhythm 12", GYALMT extended, and If you were with me now extended oh and they included in the extras Say the word I'll be there, and needless to say the audio quality is great

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
                                                  where did you buy it from?

well the JP reissue (2012) of Let's get to it has like 7 extra songs, 3 of them are diff from other releases I think: Finer Feelings Brothers in Rhythm 12", GYALMT extended, and If you were with me now extended oh and they included in the extras Say the word I'll be there, and needless to say the audio quality is great
                                                  I found it on Amazon. A used cd but in a very good condition!

Comment

Working...
                                                  X