No announcement yet.

Kelis - Tasty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm downloading every "Milkshake" remix I can find right now.

Comment

I bought the "Tasty" album last night, but the UK tracklisting is quite different from the one listed on here at the start. Here is the one on my CD...
      1. Intro[/*:m:12pwwyjh]
      2. Trick Me[/*:m:12pwwyjh]
      3. Milkshake[/*:m:12pwwyjh]
      4. Keep It Down[/*:m:12pwwyjh]
      5. In Public[/*:m:12pwwyjh]
      6. Flash Back[/*:m:12pwwyjh]
      7. Protect My Heart[/*:m:12pwwyjh]
      8. Millionaire[/*:m:12pwwyjh]
      9. Glow[/*:m:12pwwyjh]
      10. Sugar Honey Iced Tea[/*:m:12pwwyjh]
      11. Attention[/*:m:12pwwyjh]
      12. Rolling Through The Hood[/*:m:12pwwyjh]
      13. Stick Up[/*:m:12pwwyjh]
      14. Marathon[/*:m:12pwwyjh]
      For some reason, they've included "Flash Back" which was on the "Wanderland" album as well. Anyway, I love "Trick Me", "Milkshake" and especially "Protect My Heart" best of all, to me.
      I'm giving you the RED LIGHT!

Comment

If you click here and choose Tasty, you can hear all the songs on the UK release in full, and if you got broadband they're practically CD quality

Haven't heard all of 'em, but none of them have had the impact Milkshake had on me at first though... but I'm gonna keep listening and see if the alb grows on me before I think about buying it!

Comment

Can't download bloody proper versions Only have Glow so far, which I love. Sounds promising
          http://profiles.myspace.com/users/6321635

Comment

Having listened to it on the site that someone pointed out up there...

The first six tracks are really good, the kind of spiky, angular stuff that I like.

The rest of them are the sort of stuff that I don't like.

Just as well I didn't bother buying it, really.
            This post is highly unlikely to be serious. Please treat it accordingly. Unless it's music-related, in which case I'm damn well right.

Comment

I'm listening to Trick Me right now - the Intro is WELL freaky
              this town was meant for passing through but it ain't nothing new

Comment

had it a few days..only got it cus i had a gift voucher

but i love it!!

its all brilliant..only track i aint fussed on is 'in public'...dunno why...lyrics are good ;) but i jus dont like the way she sings i guess

Comment

Listened to some of the album clips and I think it's really good!! Better than a lot of her second album. I think I may have to get this soon.
                  from
                  CRAIG (CJ)
                  (soul/R&B/hip hop moderator)

Comment

Originally posted by Cinnamon
                    I love...and especially "Protect My Heart" best of all, to me.
                    Thats now my fave too, love it. It's so catchy I adore this album now, its grown on me even more
                    You said turn around so I cannot see your tears falling...

Comment

I can listen to every song without skipping. The reason I like this album so much because it doesn't sound like a lot of the stuff out right now. Ok it may a little because of the Neptune sounding tracks but they work well with her.

The only song I don't like too much is the last song..

Kelis is good on this album but I was mad when she sounded horrible singing live on BET's New Year's Eve show.
                      Favorite new shows this fall season '06

1. Heroes
                      2. Ugly Betty
                      3. Six Degrees

Comment

Lovin this album all the way!But what's up with that into :-? ?

What's the last thing she gets the guy to taste?!I hear a zip being unfastened
                        "It's so COOOOOOOOOOOLD in the D."

Comment

Been listening to this for days.......

I was just thinking back to this album. Of course, I believe it is Kelis's most successful right? Kelis Was Here didn't do as well, and I felt it was much more mainstream.

This album is a gem, at least I believe so. "Rolling Through The Hood" is a wonderful R&B song.
                          Pop music = life

Comment

Jammin' to this right now as I clean the house - wonderful album - the best RnB album of 2003...

'Stick Up' is genius - that beat!

The remix w/Freeway is a gem too. I love everybit of this CD, glad it did well in the end. Such a consistant album.

Comment

Originally posted by Thombus
                              Jammin' to this right now as I clean the house - wonderful album - the best RnB album of 2003...

'Stick Up' is genius - that beat!

The remix w/Freeway is a gem too. I love everybit of this CD, glad it did well in the end. Such a consistant album.
                              Yay finally someone else bumped this! Easily the best 2003 R&B release like you said, and Kelis's personal best.

Glow is my favorite track...so lush.
                              Pop music = life

Comment

Millionaire is my fav track next to Sugar Honey Ice Tea!!

Comment

Millionaire is my favourite Kelis song. It still sounds so fresh and breezy, though all in all I found this album a bit over-produced. I really don't like Milkshake.
                                  1 pnau |2 Gabrielle Aplin |3 Dotter|4 Sofi Tukker |5 Afrojack

Comment

Oooh so glad to see other posters commenting on this gem.

I'm listening to Millionaire right now. Does anyone remember the video?
                                    Pop music = life

Comment

Originally posted by pussycatdollns

Yep, very cute.

I actually sang that song on karaoke last night the line "I feel like a bum" seems to have other conotations in a gay bar.
                                      1 pnau |2 Gabrielle Aplin |3 Dotter|4 Sofi Tukker |5 Afrojack

Comment

Originally posted by SholasBoy
                                        Originally posted by pussycatdollns

Yep, very cute.

I actually sang that song on karaoke last night the line "I feel like a bum" seems to have other conotations in a gay bar.
                                        I saw it on Youtube and found a decent TVRip. It is cute, as are the lyrics. And about that line - LOL.
                                        Pop music = life

Comment

Great album, do love Millionaire but Trick Me is the standout for me

I still think her first album is her best though - like all her albums apart from Wanderland which is a bit of a mess
                                          RIP The Queen Of Disco

Comment

Originally posted by SeeForever
                                            Great album, do love Millionaire but Trick Me is the standout for me

I still think her first album is her best though - like all her albums apart from Wanderland which is a bit of a mess
                                            I think Wanderland is an aquired taste lol! It took a while for it to grow on me, but when it did, it was worth it - that album is so sexually charged! Although an argument could be put across that at times it sounds like 'The Neptunes Ft Kelis' as opposed to a Kelis album.

Comment

Amazing album

Keep it down is amazing

Trick me is summer classic here, it remind sme of summer 2004 so much (just like This Love), i still hear it on radios here

Comment

Not a big fan of this album.

In Public is hot as F though

Trick Me is a classic, might be even bigger in Europe than Milkshake...

Comment

Originally posted by intosoul

Yeah I heard Trick Me a lot more than Milkshake over here. Of course I heard Milkshake a lot too.

Comment

Originally posted by minime

Yeah I heard Trick Me a lot more than Milkshake over here. Of course I heard Milkshake a lot too.
                                                    Trick Me was much bigger in Europe then Milkshake
                                                    nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

Why?

I think Trick Me was bigger too

Comment

Trick Me is my least favorite but still great. Seriously, this album is perfect. Marathon is one of the best album closing tracks ever.
                                                        Floped and localed

Comment

Originally posted by Gravity
                                                          Trick Me is my least favorite but still great. Seriously, this album is perfect. Marathon is one of the best album closing tracks ever.

This album is so perfect for summer, isn't it

Comment

Trick Me still makes me go OFF like it was 2003, one of the best bops ever IMO.
                                                            The whole album is great, I hope she comes back with something like this next time (although I'd take anything from her).

She's so underrated.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyOfMe
                                                              Trick Me still makes me go OFF like it was 2003, one of the best bops ever IMO.
                                                              The whole album is great, I hope she comes back with something like this next time (although I'd take anything from her).

She's so underrated.
                                                              She keeps reinventing herself that i have no idea what can she release now

I love how Food was kinda Tasty's follow up.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X