Jamelia - Superstar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamelia - Superstar

How come there's no thread for this? One of the biggest hits of 2004 or so. So addictive back then.

[youtube:30autho4]SzNZOiquGao[/youtube:30autho4]
    You ain't gotta break down,
    YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Tune
    Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

Absolute banger. Not my favourite of hers though.

Comment

I found this one quite disappointing after the amazing "Money" and "Call Me" from her first album.

Comment

This was, and still is to this date, an absolute banger <3
          I was completely obsessed when she released this and, while she has certainly released some fine tunes afterwards, this will always be her best moment for me.
          i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Comment

I've never used the word banger to describe this

Comment

This is a good song, though I'm surprised it was as big as it was.

I can't stand Jamelia though. On Loose Women she really comes across as if she is somebody and has a bit of an attitude...bit of an Alexandra Burke only worse.

Comment

She's been a bitch and shady since like forever, I like this song and "Thank You" and that's it.
                You ain't gotta break down,
                YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

This was a great song but her best work was the Walk With Me album.

Comment

Originally posted by ludichris
                    This was a great song but her best work was the Walk With Me album.
                    +1

La La Love is my favorite song from her.
                    Floped and localed

Comment

I enjoyed it back in the day, she looks great in the video.
                      Whitney Houston

Comment

I loved it. I still hear it on radio from time to time and i remember lyrics very well

Comment

This is the only song I know from her (she had a ballad after this one if I remember correctly) and that was it. I thought she'd come up with more hits in Asia. :( :(

Comment

Originally posted by Westen
                            I loved it. I still hear it on radio from time to time and i remember lyrics very well
                            Yes, it still receives some airplay surprisingly
                            Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

The album where this song was from was ace. The singles this era was mind blowing. And then she came with her next album lead single and her career never recovered.
                              | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Originally posted by Guru
                                The album where this song was from was ace. The singles this era was mind blowing. And then she came with her next album lead single and her career never recovered.
                                I suspect her attitude was to blame too. I forget the specifics but she’s quite the diva isn’t she?

#FreeBritney

Comment

Re: Jamelia - Superstar

She never seemed that diva-ish to me when I saw her in interviews but that’s what the rumours said. Plus she was an awful panellist on the awful Loose Women shite.

Comment

she was funny on Never Mind The Buzzcocks though because of her attitude
                                    Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Originally posted by menime123
                                      Originally posted by Guru
                                      I suspect her attitude was to blame too. I forget the specifics but she’s quite the diva isn’t she?
                                      I recall the build up to that album said that
                                      | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

She's had an arrogant attitude pretty much from the start. I remember watching an interview of hers around the time her first album came out in which she quite boldly claimed that she felt she was the only British female R&B artist who could crack the American market. When the interviewer asked her about some other British singers (Beverley Knight, Shola Ama etc...) she quite quickly dismissed them all.

Comment

Originally posted by iMacourey
                                          She's had an arrogant attitude pretty much from the start. I remember watching an interview of hers around the time her first album came out in which she quite boldly claimed that she felt she was the only British female R&B artist who could crack the American market. When the interviewer asked her about some other British singers (Beverley Knight, Shola Ama etc...) she quite quickly dismissed them all.
                                          Well, she was right to dismiss them as they didn’t crack the US

#FreeBritney

Comment

Originally posted by menime123
                                            Well, she was right to dismiss them as they didn’t crack the US

Haha yeah she was right, but still quite a bold statement to make so early on in your career. And she never took off in the US either.

Comment

I’m actually struggling to think of a British female R&B act that did crack the US, but I’m coming up a bit blank.

#FreeBritney

Comment

Does Estelle count?

Comment

Does Estelle count?
                                                  I did think about that, because American Boy went top 10 in the US, but it’s such a pop song imo, and she was basically a one hit wonder there. So... no

#FreeBritney

Comment

Working...
                                                  X