Britney Spears - Toxic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GetBack
    The most iconic female video of the millennium!
    No lies detected. Also, you can remove the "female" qualifier, and the statement remains true.
    Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [135-131]

Comment

• [youtube:6hr2ae9c]HIS_yoS60Dg[/youtube:6hr2ae9c]

This lipsync totally reignited my love for the song (not that I ever went off it), ICONIQUÉ

Comment

• Re: Britney Spears - Toxic

I wonder if the song was still remembered as much today if Kylie had kept it.
        Maybe it could’ve been even bigger than CGYOOMH for her and it would’ve propelled her on a different level of legacy she has now. But maybe I’m wrong too.

Comment

• I am a Kylie fan but this was really meant for Britney, the video and the verses are really very Britney.

Originally posted by JSparksFan
          Originally posted by GetBack
          The most iconic female video of the millennium!
          No lies detected. Also, you can remove the "female" qualifier, and the statement remains true.
          I stand corrected, she is the one and only!

Comment

• Originally posted by LotsOfLove
            I wonder if the song was still remembered as much today if Kylie had kept it.
            Maybe it could’ve been even bigger than CGYOOMH for her and it would’ve propelled her on a different level of legacy she has now. But maybe I’m wrong too.

I doubt Kylie could have gotten bigger than she was with CGYOOMH - she was huge and it was a global hit and in many ways, still riding off the back of its success. LY and Fever saves her career.
            M08T10

Comment

• Re: Britney Spears - Toxic

Her best song IMO, along with Everytime.

I remember how all the boys in high school thinking that she was hot as hell when the video was released.

Comment

• Such a genius pop song, I can’t believe it’s 15 now!
                Originally posted by beredy

When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT, GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• I will forever love this song.
                  M08T10

Comment

• If only we had YouTube 16 years ago, this would have had a billion views at least.

Comment

• I think it's her best uptempo single. Such a fresh sound amongst her discography and not reliant on sexuality like so much of her later singles were. It serves as a great blueprint for a Pop song.

Comment

• Iconic

Comment

• The chipmunk effect is so ICONIK!

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT, GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• "Toxic" has reached 300 million streams on Spotify!

It is one of the most streamed female songs from the 2000s decade. Pop classic, always relevant.
                            Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• She could never top this.
                              You ain't gotta break down,
                              YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

• And then there was light!!!

| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Last FM <3
                                  Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                    i think it will only make top 20 in UK.
                                    Was reading through the first 3 pages of this thread to see the initial reactions to this song and this made me LOL.

Comment

• OMG, not the good sis sharkboy.

Well, he also said WBGOAT was the most overrated song ever so we have to allow ourselves to grow as human beings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                                        Was reading through the first 3 pages of this thread to see the initial reactions to this song and this made me LOL.
                                        LOL yeah ... ended up being #1 in UK, doing great catalogue wise and as one of the 10 biggest and most streamed songs from the 00s.
                                        Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Working...
                                          X