Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Usher - Yeah! (feat. Lil Jon & Ludacris)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usher featuring Lil Jon and Ludacris - Yeah!

How did this generation defining hood anthem never have its own topic before? I still find it baffling how Yeah! became such a huge worldwide hit when just the year before, this type of music was strictly restricted to a niche black audience - Southern inner city hoodrats to be exact!

Nevertheless, featured guest and producer Lil Jon managed to globalize this sound in record time with what I’d say is the definitive song of the 2000s, regardless of what creed you fall under. For all intents and purposes, this was nothing more than a love letter to Lil Jon’s own Get Low, which was one of the first crunk songs to receive mainstream attention. In fact, you can clearly hear the aforementioned phrase as well as the iconik “bend over to front, touch your toes” lyric embedded in the song.

#1 Hot 100 for 12 weeks, #1 R&B for 8 weeks, #1 UK, #1 Australia, #1 Germany, #1 France, #1 Europe

Finished #2 of the decade in the U.S. behind GOAT. I’ll give credit where its due tho: If there was any other song that should have been #1 instead of Kween, it was this one.
    [youtube:qb8m1wzn]GxBSyx85Kp8[/youtube:qb8m1wzn]
    Originally posted by SawyerHewitt
    All dem dead musicians rolling over in their graves 'cause they were never able to come up w/smth as epic and timeless as Kween when she crafted this.

Happy B' day, We beGOAT together <3

Comment

Now that's some teaaaaa

Not a huge Usher fan but this was just fire.

Comment

Re: Usher featuring Lil Jon and Ludacris - Yeah!

#1 in Canada too.
        All dem dead musicians rolling over in their graves 'cause they were never able to come up w/smth as epic and timeless as Kween when she crafted this.

Comment

I was in high school when this came out... Who didn't love this jam?

Comment

I was in my last year of junior high, I was so confused about everything! Everything except for the bop quality of this track!

Comment

I was always a big fan of Usher since the My Way record and he really was the crossover 'It' boy of the early 2000s.... the 8701 tracks set him up perfectly for this era and "Yeah!" Was the springboard for the success of Confessions.

I was sneaking into clubs and getting down to this track. I still love the Luda verse (and, as it turns out at a recent party, can still recite the lyrics) but for me, it was so different to the rest of the album and honestly, it's one of my least favourite songs in his entire discography.
              Baaaaad relationship??
              The lyric video for my new single TRIP THE ALARM here!

♬ Keen addictions, between afflictions, I guess I had it coming...

Comment

Originally posted by Goldmoney
                I was in my last year of junior high, I was so confused about everything! Everything except for the bop quality of this track!
                I had already kissed a few boys by then
                But even that didn't come close to this song and Burn :(

Comment

It did have a topic, merged.

This is easily his best song for me and still goes off today... that intro!

Comment

One of my least favourite Usher tracks tbh
                    1 Sigma|2 Jack Wins |3 The Killersl |4 Victoria|5 Destiny |

Comment

This really did start the trend of Crunk R&B songs entering the mainstream and it was possibly one of the best out of the batch that were released over those two years. It is substantially better than the uptempos he put out in subsequent years, like OMG and Scream.

Comment

This should have made the special edition
                        And it features all three.

[youtube:25y83f1j]rBbUTMHQzoA[/youtube:25y83f1j]

PS LJ album that made this album was seriously off the hook! One of my fave albums from 2005
                        https://www.amazon.co.uk/Crunk-Juice-Li ... runk+juice
                        | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

One of the best songs of Usher's career. Is he the last male vocalist to open with 1 million copies? I know Lil Wayne did it too in 2008 but he is a rapper. I can still remember how this topped TRL and everyone was just crazy about him. It's hard to believe that it has been 14 years since his peak.

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack
                            One of the best songs of Usher's career. Is he the last male vocalist to open with 1 million copies? I know Lil Wayne did it too in 2008 but he is a rapper. I can still remember how this topped TRL and everyone was just crazy about him. It's hard to believe that it has been 14 years since his peak.
                            What about JT?
                            | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

JT did 968k in 2013.

Close but no cigar

Comment

JT did 968k in 2013.

Close but no cigar
                                I knew I was close
                                I think he was the last male with a million, apart from rapper Lil Wayne :-?
                                https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_o ... ted_States

Comment

It's just sad that people got over him after 2004, like they never gave him a chance (he had "Love in This Club" and "OMG" but he was a hit or miss since 2008). I remember how he brought up the Justin Timberlake rivalry while he was accepting a VMA award and he was so cocky then (well, we can't blame him, he was the Drake of the year with actual pure album sales that reached Diamond status) and then he came back with less impact after less impact album-wise. :-? :-? :-?

Comment

Adull went diamond and she sold 3 million in the first week of her next album
                                    Usher went diamond and only sold 433k in the first week of his next album

Comment

Adull went diamond and she sold 3 million in the first week of her next album
                                      Usher went diamond and only sold 433k in the first week of his next album

It took Usher a few more years though to reach Diamond

Comment

What a medley from Lover Or Friends to this!!!

[youtube:1u4gx3dd]zhk1ElPaEWE[/youtube:1u4gx3dd]

Comment

Ludacris’ verses are so legendary. “Lady in the street, but a freak in the bed” and “Take that, rewind it back” are literally the two most iconik lyrics of the decade.

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack
                                            It's just sad that people got over him after 2004, like they never gave him a chance (he had "Love in This Club" and "OMG" but he was a hit or miss since 2008). I remember how he brought up the Justin Timberlake rivalry while he was accepting a VMA award and he was so cocky then (well, we can't blame him, he was the Drake of the year with actual pure album sales that reached Diamond status) and then he came back with less impact after less impact album-wise. :-? :-? :-?
                                            I think marrying that Tameka chick, falling out with his mama and his music quality seriously going downhill after that kinda did him in

Comment

Easily his best song. Should've been #1 song of the decade in the US over the WBT borefest.

Comment

Listening to an Adull album is boring.

WBT is ingenious

Comment

More like the opposite

Comment

He made blue strobe lights iconik!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X