Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Usher - Yeah! (feat. Lil Jon & Ludacris)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always thought this was very overrated but it's actually not that bad. All the other Confessions singles minus "Caught Up" are far better though.

Comment

Re: Usher featuring Lil Jon and Ludacris - Yeah!

This is still his best song for me!
      Akini's Top 400 Songs of the 2010s: [385-381]

The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood, he was one of them.

Comment

Re: Usher featuring Lil Jon and Ludacris - Yeah!

I’ve always hated this, so annoying
        last.fm

Comment

I love how in the video they end the song by doing all these ghetto dance moves that the international audience wouldn’t have the slightest clue as to what’s transpiring.
          Originally posted by Kaloki
          I don't understand why WBT still isn't at #1 tbh.

Comment

I was listening to this the other day and couldn't decide if it sounds dated or not.
            You ain't gotta break down,
            YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

This managed to completely excel in every era its been a part of: Airplay, downloads, VEVO, streaming.

Comment

The good sis [MENTION=948]spiritboy[/MENTION] was born only 16 days before this iconik classique was released!

Comment

Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                  The good sis [MENTION=948]spiritboy[/MENTION] was born only 16 days before this iconik classique was released!
                  I was actually 24 when it was released
                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                    I was actually 24 when it was released
                    Your age resets when you join k?Mix

Comment

So I just read that "Burn" was supposed to be the lead single but the label wanted something more explosive so he went back to the studio and recorded this, and yet Usher himself still wasn't sure if this was the right choice, leading Lil John to leaking this song while the label's office is closed during the holidays so they were 'forced' to release it later officially.

Comment

Originally posted by abi View Post
                        So I just read that "Burn" was supposed to be the lead single but the label wanted something more explosive so he went back to the studio and recorded this, and yet Usher himself still wasn't sure if this was the right choice, leading Lil John to leaking this song while the label's office is closed during the holidays so they were 'forced' to release it later officially.
                        OMG!!! Really? Wow! Also heard that the original beat was going to be Petey Pablo’s Freek-A-Leek.
                        | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Yeah I was just reading some random music facts on Wiki and this song came up.

In the fall of 2003, Usher submitted his fourth studio album, Confessions (2004), to his record label Arista Records. However, when the singer and the company's then-president L.A. Reid listened to the songs, Reid felt the album lacked a song that had the potential to be released as the album's lead single. In light of this, Usher was told to record a few more tracks, and so he enlisted American rapper-producer Lil Jon to aid in musical production. Lil Jon recalled, "He [Usher] needed a single. They had 'Burn', 'Burn' was hot, but they needed that first powerful monster. That's when I came in."

Several months prior to Lil Jon's involvement in the production of Confessions, he was commissioned by Jive Records to produce fifteen tracks for rapper Mystikal. The rapper would only select two tracks, which provided Lil Jon the opportunity to give leftover songs to other record labels. Without Lil Jon's knowledge, Jive Records gave one of the leftover tracks to hip hop artist Petey Pablo which would eventually become "Freak-a-Leek". However, Lil Jon, assuming that the song had not been used, gave the production to Usher, resulting in a rough version of "Yeah!". Eventually realizing the mistake after Pablo played "Freek-a-leek" to Lil Jon, the latter insisted on producing more tracks for Pablo; however, Pablo did not give up the song, due to the fact that it was already recorded and had been getting responses from Southern radio. Lil Jon commented, "With so much invested, Jive wouldn't give up the cut." Lil Jon jumped back in the studio and created an equally catchy replacement track. Though "Yeah!" was now completed, the label still had "Burn" on queue for the lead single. Usher's friend and former A&R rep Kawan "KP" Prather commented: "'Burn' being a great song is one thing, but it's one of them things where people said, 'It's strong, but can we make history with that?' At the end of the day, you want an event." Usher was still unsure if "Yeah!" was the right choice.

Lil Jon, who is also a DJ, then decided to leak the record to DJs across the country after the record companies shut down for Christmas break. By the time they got back to business in January, the record already had thousands of radio plays with no label involvement. Usher still opted to go with "Burn" as the lead single as a music video was already planned, however, the responses to "Yeah!" were overwhelmingly favorable, and "Yeah!" was released as the first single with "Burn" becoming the second single from the album.

Comment

Burn actually would have made more sense as the lead when you think about how much it applies to the parent album’s theme.

Yeah! seemed so out of left field especially when you consider that the crunk genre wasn’t yet very prominent outside of the southern United States.

Comment

I agree but as much as I liked "Burn", I felt like it's somehow too 'safe' and too 'similar' with his previous materials sonically. "Yeah" was a nice change in his discography and definitely helped him elevate his status in the industry. Everybody say thank you Lil John.

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                                It's just sad that people got over him after 2004, like they never gave him a chance (he had "Love in This Club" and "OMG" but he was a hit or miss since 2008). I remember how he brought up the Justin Timberlake rivalry while he was accepting a VMA award and he was so cocky then (well, we can't blame him, he was the Drake of the year with actual pure album sales that reached Diamond status) and then he came back with less impact after less impact album-wise. :-? :-? :-?
                                In his defense, I feel like almost everybody in the music industry was kinda rude & arrogant back then. We all heard so many different stories about Usher, Christina, P!nk, Eminem, Beyonce, J.Lo, etc. And I think it had to do the fact that the music industry was harsher and way more competitive back in the day. It's definitely changing now though, all these artists seem to have humbled themselves (well, except for Eminem) and have more understanding & love towards fellow musicians.

Comment

Video link please
                                  | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Working...
                                  X