No announcement yet.

Janet Jackson - Damita Jo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i might still buy it even though i downloaded it.

I reccomend it to janet fans and R&B fans in general its a great album i love it! MUCH better than AFY
    CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.

Comment

ok let's just say... JANET'S WELL & TRULY BACK!
      just got the album on the way to uni and im listening rite now. All Nite (Don't Stop) & R&B Junkie HAVE to be released. If this album is ignored then theres no justice in music
      Boggy formerly known as Lib-X

Comment

From other forums etc... 'R&B Junkie' seems to be the most talked about track on the album

Comment

Midweeks show 'Damita Jo' just scraping into the top 25
          Idolised

Comment

LORDY! i MUST buy it now! poor janet!

Comment

Ok. I hated it on first listen but for some reason, I love it now!

The best song is 'I want you'.
              My other faves are 'Damita Jo' and 'Thinkin bout my ex'
              When you left I lost a part of me, It's still so hard to believe
              Come back baby please cos We belong together

June 27th

Comment

I just bought this album... haven't listened to it yet, I'll let you know what I feel about it when I do listen!
                Freaky Fly Bry's Top 100

M4B Charts Central

Comment

This alb is GREAT!!! nuff said

Comment

I got the album on Monday and I must say I love it.

Right now my favorite tracks are 'My Baby' and 'Thinkin Bout My Ex'. Also loving 'Sexhibition', 'The Islands' and 'R&B Junkie'.

Comment

If everyone loves it why is it not entering the top 20 :(

Comment

I don't love it. I like 'All for you' better and I hate that album. 'Damita Jo' just sounds like a run of the mill rnb album. Nothing original or inspiring. I listened to it and thought that I heard the same song on various other albums. 'I want you' has the potential to be a great song but her weak vocals lets the song down. The best song is 'Slolove' and thats pushing it. I fear she will never better 'The Velvet rope'.
                        I'll be the bitch tonight (I'll show you bitch - bitch!)
                        Beautiful, Intelligent, Talented, Cool, Honey.
                        Sure you're right I'm a B.I.T.C.H!!!

Comment

i listened to it yesterday and i like it. it's all about sex, but well...i don't mind
                          MySpace

Comment

I got "Damita Jo" yesterday and I must say it's Janet's best album yet! There's not one single boring track here. My favourites are:

1. Just A Little While
                            2. I Want You
                            3. Island Life
                            4. R&B Junkie
                            5. All Nite ( Don't Stop )
                            6. Slolove

Comment

This album is just filthy - she is completely obsessed with sex Maybe she's just not getting any?

This album is slightly disappointing IMO - only a few tracks stand out as being particularly good like All Nite (Don't Stop) (my favourite ), Just A Little While, I Want You & Damita Jo. The interludes are annoying :x

Comment

I love this cd, my ultimate favorite right now is Island Life.

Comment

I have to say I was expecting more from this album for some reason. However, it isn't a bad album by any means - it's just like "Janet" and "All For You" - a few good tracks and the rest filler.

Here in Australia, I haven't seen one positive review for this album, which is a shame.

I bought it the other night and the shelves were completely filled with copies of "Damita Jo", but there were only a few copies left of Anastacia's new album.

Comment

I like "R&B Junkie", "All Nite (Don't Stop)" and "Thinkin' Bout My Ex".

Comment

You know what's really weird about "Damita Jo," in my opinion?.....Even though the album might seem pretty mediocre at first, it seems to grow on you. I mean you realize that it's a really good album with some pretty good consistency in the songs. I dunno, I probably just like them all because they're all really good, but like some people said, there's around that many amazing standouts like her past albums. This is probably one of her best albums in a while, but I mean that's like a hidden notion because people would think it's not. It's already been slagged off by a few reviewes here, but I think it's a really solid Janet Jackson album (in comparison to the more patchy "All For You"). Even though a lot of it is about sex, it's still very chilled and stuff (in most cases), and I like that. Good work Janet!

Comment

I agree with you HonanBeetch, when I first played this album I thought it was OK, but nothing really exciting. But I've been playing it heaps over the last few days and I'm really getting into it. I definitely prefer this album a lot more than "All For You" - that was definitely a very patchy effort, but if you give "Damita Jo" a chance, it really grows on you (well, it has for me anyway!)

My favourite tracks would have to be "Spending Time With You", "Island Life", "All Nite (Don't Stop)", "R&B Junkie", "Thinkin' 'Bout My Ex" and "Just A Little While".

Comment

And speaking of which, the album didn't flop as bad as I thought it would in OZ(debuted at #18 on the album chart).

Comment

It's done OK here in Oz, considering "Just A Little While" hasn't done that well in the charts and on radio. There was a small promotional push for the album on TV though.

Comment

it's gone in at #32! but im sure sales will pick up when Just A Little While hits the charts. even if it doesn't then its bound to when All Nite (Don't Stop) is released...
                                              Boggy formerly known as Lib-X

Comment

In the US, Janet Jackson’s “Damita Jo” album debuted at #2, while Usher still stood his ground and continued on as the chart-topping album of the nation. Although Usher’s album dropped in sales from a 1+ million in the first week to close to 490,000 copies in the second week, that’s just about enough to top Janet’s new album’s sales. “Damita Jo” debuted at #2 with sales of just over 380,000 copies its first week. It’s pretty good, but not as good as the #1 debut of 605,000 copies that was “All For You.” Oh well, but I mean honestly, I like “Damita Jo” better than “All For You” anyway. “All For You” may have standout tracks and singles, but I like “Damita Jo” and I’m happy that it didn’t flop in the US yet.

Comment

I think it boils down to promotion. It wasn't promoted the way a Superstars cd is promoted.. I didn't even see man billboards.

Comment

:-? Yeah, there wasn't a lotta promotion for it that much (aside from the Superbowl boob flash incident - and that basically undermined the potention of "Damita Jo").....But screw promotion, it still got to #2, which is really good. I just got the album and it's SOOO damn good! It's really SOOO consistent. I don't care if it doesn't have deep subject matter ("relax, it's just sex"), the songs are all just so consistently good. I mean usually Janet Jackson albums have a couple patchy tracks, but this album's just really amazing because it's full of good beats. It's an album you can chill to, but also party to at the same time. It's full of everything good about R&B/hip-hop, and it's just so good. I'm lovin' it! I mean her voice might not be the most powerful and her lyrics can be too sexually frank, but you know what, I love the grooves and the production. It's really good. Y'all should get it!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X