No announcement yet.

Janet Jackson - Damita Jo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I loved Damita Jo. One of my favourite albums of 2004. Too bad it flopped.

Comment

• Originally posted by gaz_uk
      I always thought "Damita Jo" was very under-rated too. It didn't really offer anything ground-breaking, but it was one her most solid sets IMO.

It's actually my second fave Janet album after "The Velvet Rope".
      Ditto!

DJ is a brilliant album, and one of my fave records ever! I still can't beleive how much it tanked.

20.Y.O is a poor attempt compared to DJ i think. She could've done much better this time round.

I wonder what's next for her?
      CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.

Comment

• A 4 year break is what she needs I think.

Comment

• yeah! then for the love of god don't let JD near her music AGAIN! :evil:

Comment

• I love this album as well. Since Jan is oneof my fav artists I dont know where to place this. The only order I can make is......

1) Rhythm Nation
            2) janet.
            3) The Velvet Rope
            4) Control

And i dont know if I like it more than 20 Y.O. or now, cuz I listen to 20 more then I did DJ, but DJ was more enjoyable IMO.
            WHAT HAPPENED TO UKMIX ???
            All the Fighting and Arguments are getting old now, lets get back to talking about the MUSIC

Comment

• MY FAVOURITE RECORD OF ALL TIME

No lie. Flawless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tripped
                MY FAVOURITE RECORD OF ALL TIME

No lie. Flawless.
                I kinda agree, Damita Jo may not offer anything outstanding, but as a whole tha album is big! Every song fits together in its own way. I wouldnt go as far as saying my favourite record, but its definetly up there. "Damita Jo" was so under-rated. '20YO" is nothing compared to this, but even "20YO" has its damita jo moments. "With you" and "Take Care" wouldnt be out of place on this set.

"Spending Time With You" is probably one of tha best R&B songs of this century.. cant get enough of that song even now..
                Open Your Eyes.....

Comment

• Has anyone got the "Ruff" unreleased song from DamitaJo, i bin searching for hours tryna find that sh** but no luck. I really wanna hear it. Can anyone direct me to a download???
                  Open Your Eyes.....

Comment

• This album is far superior compared to Discipline isnt it? Just been listening again. I keep going back to it. its probably become my favorite album ever now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hype
                      This album is far superior compared to Discipline isnt it? Just been listening again. I keep going back to it. its probably become my favorite album ever now.
                      Discipline and Damita Jo are different, Discipline is more "comercial".... if she promotes it
                      I Bet You Can't Do It Like Me, Like Me ...

Comment

• Originally posted by cesarc1989
                        Originally posted by Hype
                        This album is far superior compared to Discipline isnt it? Just been listening again. I keep going back to it. its probably become my favorite album ever now.
                        Discipline and Damita Jo are different, Discipline is more "comercial".... if she promotes it
                        This was pretty commecial in 2004. it has Kanye West on it.

Comment

• My fave Janet album from the 2000s. Even the bonus tracks are just amazing!

Comment

• They really are. Put your hands on, is like part 2 of That's The Way Love Goes.

Comment

• It alternates with Control as my 2nd favourite Janet album (All For You is my favourite - flawless).

I love the relaxed, summery vibe of all the tracks, and how it's all lovely and lovey dovey.

Currently my favourite track is Island Life makes me wish for summer!

Comment

• Originally posted by Charmbracelet
                                (All For You is my favourite - flawless).

Comment

• Originally posted by biscuits
                                  Originally posted by Charmbracelet
                                  What is your favourite AFY album track?
                                  Come On Get Up & Truth are sublime in totally different ways

Comment

Originally posted by biscuits
                                    Originally posted by Charmbracelet
                                    What is your favourite AFY album track?
                                    Come On Get Up & Truth are sublime in totally different ways
                                    I have so many favourites on that album!
                                    All For You, When We Oooo, China Love, Trust a Try, Son of a Gun, Truth, Someone to Call My Lover, Feels So Right, Doesn't Really Matter!

As for Damita Jo, there are nowhere near as many standout tracks on there, but it flows really nicely and was the last album that actually felt like a consistent 'Janet Jackson' record.

Comment

• I agree, it's the last one where I can listen to it all the way through (The 2nd half of 20YO is pretty crap, and Discipline has a handful of really crap songs mixed in - and the interludes are AWFUL)

It makes me sad that America shunned her after the Superbowl incident and this album and it's singles did so badly - "My Baby" could have been #1 for weeks!

Comment

(The 2nd half of 20YO is pretty crap,
                                        :evil:

Take that back! The second half has 'Take Care' - Janet's sexiest song ever!

Comment

• That's my least favourite on the whole album, tied with Love 2 Love

Roll Witchu is the best song from that era though

Comment

• all nite is one of the best dance songs of all times. I will always love damita jo for this song! Janet's sales might have dropped, but her musical sense and greatness is still on top.
                                            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by biscuits
                                              As for Damita Jo, there are nowhere near as many standout tracks on there, but it flows really nicely and was the last album that actually felt like a consistent 'Janet Jackson' record.
                                              amen. IMO this was her last album that didn't deserve to flop.

it's not as brilliant as Rhythm Nation, janet., or Velvet Rope (one of the best albums EVER)...but "My Baby" SCREAMS single! "Strawberry Bounce" is fabulous and "Island Life" is a personal fave too ;)
                                              last.fm

Comment

• I really love this! You can always play it and enjoy it, especially during summer. Such a feel-good record!

I love all the songs!

Comment

• everytime i listen to this, i get hooked all over again!!

All Night (Don't Stop)
                                                  R&B Junkie
                                                  My Baby - Featuring Kayne West
                                                  I Want You
                                                  Sexhibition
                                                  Truly
                                                  Slo Love

ALL EPIC. This album is a complete work of art. I love it.

Comment

• One of my favourite and one of the best R&B albums of this decade.. !!

LOVE nearly every song..
                                                    Representing the real truth in music....

Comment

Working...
                                                    X