Eric Prydz - Call On Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Prydz - Call On Me

Initially this song didn't do much for me, but its growing on me now after Dave Pearce seems to play it loads, and I've since managed to download some kind of mix that goes on for about 8 minutes, but its pretty good.

Unlikely to have much impact on the charts when released but it reminds me of "So Much Love To Give" although I'm not sure if the same people are behind this one.

Not too sure of the release date yet on this.
    Ste's Personal Chart 2020

Right, I have a few things to say on this track:

'Call On Me' should be completely brilliant, but, like Junior Jack's 'Stupidisco' before it, its structure lets it down completely - the production is just so incredibly lazy! It's as if Eric got half-way through the song, then said to himself...

"OK, intro's good, build-up's good, now for the main bit - oh bugger!...erm...I can't think what to do now, so I'll just repeat everything that's gone before ad infinitum, throwing in the obligatory lull for good measure."

To my mind, all of that is an utter waste, and a worrying trend amongst dance tracks of late. Producers are coming up with a catchy baseline, a catchy vocal hook, but, just as they're teetering on the brink of something very special indeed, they fail to develop the project any further.

* does quick turn-around *

Despite that criticism, I am actually really looking forward to it, very much so in fact - I do honestly think it will do very well on a dancefloor, again just like 'Stupidisco'.

I think that DJ promos are supposed to be going out to clubs this week.

Regards,

Cypher

Comment

I agree with Tim's criticisms there, I mean, it starts off well, and then goes hardly anywhere for the rest of it... it's like one of those looped mp3's from Kazaa :-?

Comment

I can understand where you are coming from with the criticisms of the loop effect etc.

It has potential to be big if they pulled the trigger on turning it into more of a song.

However I like it at the moment for what it is, but like Junior Jack before it, I'm likely to get bored of it relatively quickly I would think.

Comment

I wasn't so keen at first, I thought it was reminiscent of 'So Much Love To Give' (which I would class as one of the worst dance tracks ever), but on the second listen it definately did something for me...
          Don't explain yourself 'cos talk is cheap,
          There's more important things than hearing you speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Flea
            I thought it was reminiscent of 'So Much Love To Give'...
            I think that's the reason why I actually quite like this now! I dunno, the first time you hear it, it really passes you by, but the main theme of the track works really well, and it's definitely a grower.

Anyways, noticed it's just been added to The Box, and Chris Moyles played it this morning, so I guess it's Radio 1 playlisted too - so it could be quite huge!

Comment

Originally posted by loopdaloop_69
              ...so I guess it's Radio 1 playlisted too...
              Yup! - added to their C-List yesterday!

Regards,

Cypher

Comment

'So Much Love To Give'
                Slightly off topic, but that's reminded me of something.

Wasn't the above something to do with David Guetta? Well, whether it was or not is barely relevant, it reminded me of him. The point being... he did a truly fantastic song, and I can't for the life of me remember what it was called, so if anyone could help, I'd appreciate it.

Anyway... Eric Prydz. Not bad, not great, heard a lot worse.
                This post is highly unlikely to be serious. Please treat it accordingly. Unless it's music-related, in which case I'm damn well right.

Comment

Well, David Guetta had a big hit last year (well, not really that big) with 'Just A Little More Love', with Chris Wilis on vocals.

Is that the one you're thinking of?

Regards,

Cypher

Comment

Nope, although that one was also rather good.

A quick Google search on his name has revealed that it was 'Love Don't Let Me Go'. Don't know why I couldn't have done that before... never mind.

So there we are, cheers anyway.
                    This post is highly unlikely to be serious. Please treat it accordingly. Unless it's music-related, in which case I'm damn well right.

Comment

Originally posted by thelazyboy
                      'So Much Love To Give'
                      Slightly off topic, but that's reminded me of something.

Wasn't the above something to do with David Guetta?
                      Nope, 'So Much Love To Give' was Thomas Bangleterre (s?) and DJ Falcon, who both have something to do with Daft Punk and Stardust.

Anyway, 'Call On Me' has grown on me immensely!
                      Don't explain yourself 'cos talk is cheap,
                      There's more important things than hearing you speak.

Comment

Don't mind the song itself but once again we get a horribly sexist video which makes human beings looks like pigs so fat perverts can sit down with a can of beer and drool over women with tight bikini's on doing excerisize... it's sickening to society!
                        Keep your eyes on me...

Manchester Arena - May 2nd 2008 - Céline Dion - Block B, Row A

Comment

Nope, 'So Much Love To Give' was Thomas Bangleterre (s?) and DJ Falcon, who both have something to do with Daft Punk and Stardust.
                          Ah yes, Daft Punk. I knew it was something to do with someone I liked.

Comment

CD promo arrived via Eurosolution this morning:

Eric Prydz 'Call On Me' - Data Records / DATA68CDSP1

1. Radio Edit
                            2. Eric Prydz vs Retarded Funk Mix

I'm still enjoying this immensely, despite its repetitive nature, tho' the mixes here aren't too badly structured to the point where it gets overly tiresome. Definitely my favourite track at the moment...

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VAAAALAYeg*hLGiCuEF6voLTLZufLssC72HBTuA612r8Q6JNF0jypje1YwH2najJ9xXnjEgRC4wrY4UTIrTSN5BxnX9F2xvcXOMoN8OrQiJDTN8imlhMMr4JimQZKmgh/DSC00317.JPG?dc=4675484380959808023[/img]
                            Seems like this track is generating quite a buzz, and it's even been tipped by the likes of Music Week as quite possibly the next dance #1 on the OCC sales chart. I hope they're right.

What's also interesting is that there are multiple versions of the track kicking about, along with several mis-labellings on promos and mp3s alike, mainly resulting from the confusion caused when the track was championed by DJ Falcon, which led many to conclude that this was his own follow-up to 'So Much Love To Give'.

Perhaps the best of the bootlegs (simply entitled 'Call Me') is from a group called 'Red Kult', who mashed the track up further taking an additional sample from Black Box's 'Everybody Everybody' - works very well, IMHO, and should appeal to those complaining that the original Prydz version is somewhat lacking in variety.

Red Kult promo 12":

Red Kult 'Call Me' - White Label / KULT1

A: Main Mix
                            B: Dub Pass

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UADVAtMX4qzhLGiCuEF6vgeWNw2FQ4WX9v*Kgjgx!TS0unhW*YqEIqYdJKCteiW*p24ni0ZFmPH8QfE3nbaATkdPpCSX*h36w4H2qbIgyiXvDkGSZ6DzfnSCSxgAcEsY/DSC00322.JPG?dc=4675484381098901334[/img]
                            Regards,

Cypher

Comment

Song's alright, loving the fit geezer in the vid!
                              Riposarsi Negli Pesca Madre - 1960 - 2004
                              Ti Voglio Bene! Per cortesěa orologio io!

Comment

The video ! Don't leave much to the imagination

Comment

Oh no! I hate this song!
                                  this town was meant for passing through but it ain't nothing new

Comment

Amazingly, this was the most played video on 'The Box' last week!

Regards,

Cypher

Comment

Originally posted by Cypher
                                      Amazingly, this was the most played video on 'The Box' last week!

Regards,

Cypher

Don't know how that happened - especially since I haven't even caught the video once!

I wish the release date would be pushed forward, or by September I'll probably be bored of it!

However, one of my favourite tunes of the moment.

Comment

I'm aboslutely loving this one, even tho it has the loop thing going on. It gives me the same feeling as Stupidisco....wicked tracks!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Eric Prydz now A-listed at Radio 1 - that puts 3 dance tracks on the A-List now, the other two being Shapeshifters and Mousse T - Scent have dropped back to the B-List alongside Faithless, Marly, Fatboy Slim and Armand Van Helden.

Ultrabeat and The Prodigy remain the only C-Listed dance tracks.

Regards,

Cypher

Comment

hi.
                                            is it true that eric prydz actually ripped this track of thomas bangalter? anyway,i agree with previous comments that it lacks structure.personally i prefer the version which has steve winwood sampled in it.

Comment

It reminds me of "One More Time" by Daft Punk, it has the same background noise!

I like it, but like previous comments have suggested, it doesn't go anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by coolniki03
                                                hi.
                                                is it true that eric prydz actually ripped this track of thomas bangalter?
                                                No, neither Bangalter or Falcon had anything to do with it, tho' there's no denying the similarities to 'So Much Love To Give'.

The track was originally conceived by an outfit called 'Retarded Funk', simply as a dance version of Steve Winwood's 'Valerie' - Prydz basically took the idea and turned it into the track we're hearing now.

Originally posted by coolniki03
                                                personally i prefer the version which has steve winwood sampled in it.
                                                Data actually managed to clear the sample, so the version that will be released here is the Winwood original vocal.

Regards,

Cypher

Comment

i managed to download the original 8min mix of it.it seems to be a very popular track.anyway,i think eric prydz is this season,what lee cabrera were last season.i also like his other track called 'in & out'.it feautures adeva on the vocals.i dont seem to place that track coz i have a track with groovejet as the backbeat to this vocal mix.anybody knows?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X