Green Day - American Idiot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twixy
    You found a bad picture of him... well done!
    lol not a bad picture: an accurate picture. i was at the party where this pic was taken, and i almost couldn't believe BJ was BJ. i thought maybe it was some creepy old guy who kind of resembled him. but no, it was him.

anyway, who cares-- the new album rules, and the music is what's important.
    Filthy and Gorgeous

Comment

I might be mistaken, but is the guy in the yellow shirt Walter Schreifels?

Not that anyone here will know who he is (apart from Steven, and he doesn't seem to be here... where you gone dude?)... never mind.
      This post is highly unlikely to be serious. Please treat it accordingly. Unless it's music-related, in which case I'm damn well right.

Comment

Well I got this now (only a week and a half after I said I would - which is pretty good going for me).

Indeed the rave reviews were justified. I think I'm going to like this better than the other Green Day album I own (Dookie) - they seem to have matured quite a bit musically.

My favourites on here are
        - American Idiot
        - Holiday
        - Boulevard Of Broken Dreams
        - She's A Rebel
        - Extraordinary Girl
        - Wake Me Up When September Ends

Not that the other tracks aren't good, but these stand out for me on first/second listen. All the potential singles (mentioned on the cover) seem great choices, despite not all being typiical Green Day type singles. I agree with an extent to John that a track like 'St Jimmy' would be a good example of a typical Green Day song to release.
        Ste's Personal Chart 2020

Comment

Ok I realise I must be one of the only rock/Green Day fans on here who hadn't bought the album until now, but I did the other day....& it's great! The only letdowns for me are the whole Jesus Of Suburbia five part thingy, Holiday and (sorry Ste!) Extraordinary Girl, they're the only 2 things I'd prolly regularly skip on the CD...listened to it last night after work, there are prolly a few more I'd skip, but Wake Me Up When September Ends (if and when it gets released) will be in my chart at the end of the year....
          Let's embrace the point of no return.

Comment

I haven't listened to this album in ages! I think it's the whole over-ratedness of Boulevard Of Broken Dreams that has put me off, but I do love Holiday, and Wake Me Up When September Ends is going to be released in June, apparently.
            this town was meant for passing through but it ain't nothing new

Comment

It is a great album. There's not a single track on there I don't like. My personal favourite is 'Wake Me Up When September Ends'.

I love the 'Holiday' video.

Comment

God, what is wrong with this page?
                Johnny wanted cream buns for his birthday tea...

Comment

Re: Green Day - American Idiot

Originally posted by ManicFan2k
                  Hard to believe that a band can write their best song ever, 12+ years after they started but these guys have. This is brillant the best thing they have ever done 5 stars well done lads
                  Well. Someone has to think that I guess

Comment

I can still remember borrowing my classmate's CD of this, being very cautious and all, since it was his favorite album.

Comment

12 years and this song is still relevant. One of their best.
                      >>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

Give Me Novacaine is one of my faves from this, good album though!
                        My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

The title fits as never before.
                          Whitney Houston

Comment

The political statement theme of the album came so fluid and natural for the group, it's not as forced and self-indulgent as that of other "political" albums where artists' obviously want recognition and acclaim towards their brand (rather than championing the actual cause) more than anything else. Madonna's American Life could have been this album but she eventually got drowned in all her shock factor gimmicks as always.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/lastfm/photos/ ... 94/?type=3

WELL, it says it all
                              KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Originally posted by jszmiles
                                https://www.facebook.com/lastfm/photos/a.170328956331103.37995.135468783150454/1376632925700694/?type=3

WELL, it says it all
                                oh my
                                -Marshall you're so funny man, you should be a comedian, God damn
                                -Unfortunately I am, but I just hide behind the tears of a clown

Comment

[tweet:1sfqxv7b]https://twitter.com/popcrave/status/1016766480623554560[/tweet:1sfqxv7b]
                                  | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Originally posted by Guru

[tweet:2bozdbgn]https://twitter.com/popcrave/status/1016766480623554560[/tweet:2bozdbgn]
                                    That's amazing!!
                                    Love you like a love song!

Comment

OMG
                                      You ain't gotta break down,
                                      YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

Such a timeless record!

Comment

Re-enters at #25.