Geri Halliwell - It's Raining Men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geri Halliwell - It's Raining Men

I have now heard the song and well its better than I was expecting and will be her 4th No.1 solo single, i'm sure.
    You're the one I need, My real life has just began, cause theres nothing like your smile made of sun...

....Also the beginning sounds a little similar to Robbie's "Let Me Entertain You" mmm.. how ironic.
    You're the one I need, My real life has just began, cause theres nothing like your smile made of sun...

Comment

I'd have to agree with you, new Geri song is quite good, and i'm loving the video. She looks young, fresh and better than ever. Also the new Emma Bunton song is very good as well, these Spices should have started putting out solo work a while ago.
      Music 4 Life

Comment

I heard it just yesterday!
        Did anyone notice that the dance scene is an exact copy of Irene Cara's "Flashdance...What A Feeling"?
        Great song,though a little too "Reveling" !
        :smile:
        These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger
          I heard it just yesterday!
          Did anyone notice that the dance scene is an exact copy of Irene Cara's "Flashdance...What A Feeling"?
          Great song,though a little too "Reveling" !
          :smile:
          still here

Comment

LOL at bump
            KUBA'S CHART

Comment

15 years ago today the #1 single in the UK was 'It's Raining Men' by former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell. A cover of The Weather Girls' hit from 1982, the track served as the lead single from her second album 'Scream if You Wanna Go Faster'.

The single became one of her biggest hits, reaching #1 in the UK, France, Belgium, Italy, Ireland and Poland, whilst making the top five in Australia, Austria, Spain and Germany. The music video payed homage to the 1980s film 'Fame', with Geri dancing various styles.

Relive it now:

[youtube:3vrzvh2d]qqXUpe3jlkA[/youtube:3vrzvh2d]
              Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

It works great in Bridget Jones but as a song I hate it, same goes for the original.

Strength of a Woman is a much better song.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinaMonsoon
                  It works great in Bridget Jones but as a song I hate it, same goes for the original.

Strength of a Woman is a much better song.
                  Soo true. I LOVED Strength Of A Woman (still do actually). It's a shame this has become her signature song, it's her worst single for me.
                  i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Comment

I love this. She did justice to the original and her energy shined throughout the era.
                    You ain't gotta break down,
                    YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

Re: Geri Halliwell - It's Raining Men

The music video was fine but the actual cover...meh, pass
                      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Originally posted by heppolo

What was wrong with it? It was one of the biggest selling singles globally in 2001, and is a vast improvement on the original version.
                        I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
                        And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

Kate Bush - Lily

Comment

Originally posted by menime123

It was one of the biggest selling singles globally in 2001
                          Only #13 in the UK's year-end chart of 2001 and #34 in Australia's 2001 chart, so not really ''one of the biggest selling singles globally''. Didn't even chart in the States.
                          In terms of the song, the ''modern'' arrangement of 00s pop got dated so fast.

I'd rather listen to absolutely camp and fun original than Geri's version.

Comment

It was one of the biggest selling singles globally in 2001
                            Only #13 in the UK's year-end chart of 2001 and #34 in Australia's 2001 chart, so not really ''one of the biggest selling singles globally''. Didn't even chart in the States.
                            In terms of the song, the ''modern'' arrangement of 00s pop got dated so fast.

I'd rather listen to absolutely camp and fun original than Geri's version.

Thatís your opinion. But clearly itís the wrong one to have
                            I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
                            And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

Kate Bush - Lily

Comment

This is better than the original for me, it's more Hi-NRG.

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller
                                Hi-NRG
                                But I agree, I like it better than the original too. Sorry not sorry.
                                Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

The production for this was amazing, it really complimented Geri's vocals, if she did this with a toned-down production, it would have had a different feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin
                                    Hi-NRG
                                    But I agree, I like it better than the original too. Sorry not sorry.
                                    Preach.

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack
                                      The production for this was amazing, it really complimented Geri's vocals.
                                      For me it was still faceless, anyone can do this even Posh Spice.

Comment

If Posh could have done it, believe me - she would have

Kate Bush - Lily

Comment

Hard to believe this song is nearly as old now as the original was at the time of its release.
                                          1 Yung Bae |2 DJ Snake|3 Birdy|4 MK |5 Sofia Carson

Comment

If Posh could have done it, believe me - she would have
                                            Posh was oh so lazy to lift a finger in the best of times

Comment

Originally posted by SholasBoy
                                              Hard to believe this song is nearly as old now as the original was at the time of its release.
                                              God it is... scary!

Comment

Ooh oops! We're OLD
                                                Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

God it is... scary!
                                                  Oh dear, #facts

Comment

Working...
                                                  X