Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Embarrassing cover, Iíll always prefer anything with soul sista vocals
    Originally posted by abi on GOAT
    You know what? UKMIX really did wonders on this song for me.

I really went from not caring for this song at all to having this as my most played Mariah song of all time because of the constant mentions of this song from some of y'all here.

Comment

Re: Geri Halliwell - It's Raining Men

Wonderful cover and the huge hit across Europe. It isnít often a cover turns out better than the original, and rarer still is a cover that manages to de-camp a song yet remain camp as hell in a totally different way
      I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
      And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

Kate Bush - Lily

Comment

This is actually pretty good...but omg she looks super tiny in the TOTP performances I know sheís short but she really looked like a child back then...

Also, this was her last solo #1? I read that even after she scored a few more top 10s...she was upset that they didnít go #1 and basically quit? did she expect her singles to ALWAYS go #1 or something? I know the spice girls almost did it but címon..thatís a bit obsessive. Mess
        Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

Yeah, basically - she thought not hitting #1 meant it was all coming to an end. I mean she left the Spice Girls after Stop failed to go to #1 too

Though she did record and release a 3rd album later.
          I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
          And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

Kate Bush - Lily

Comment

I wish Geri had kept releasing albums year on year, like an early 00s Rihanna

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller
              I wish Geri had kept releasing albums year on year, like an early 00s Rihanna

This is a great cover. My favourite solo of hers is probably Ride It though.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                Embarrassing cover, Ill always prefer anything with soul sista vocals
                This forum must be taking the yank out of me because I kinda like Geri’s version now - the bridge is my favorite part!

I’m surprised this had absolutely no impact in my hole tho considering its enormous WW success. Even Mel C’s I Turn To You was a huge club smash here, this would have been perfect for KTU in 2001!
                Originally posted by abi on GOAT
                You know what? UKMIX really did wonders on this song for me.

I really went from not caring for this song at all to having this as my most played Mariah song of all time because of the constant mentions of this song from some of y'all here.

Comment

It's only one Geri single, which wasn't # 1 in my chart.
                  My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
                  In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

This was released 20 years ago today

I remember hearing the song for the first time - I used to get up before the rest of the family to watch the music channels before school. I remember being shocked at Geri in the video because she was basically a brand new person and I wasn’t aware she was coming back with new music (and I had been waiting).

I think this is a great cover song and a real improvement on the original - she removed all the campness from the original (which is basically from the vocal delivery and adlibs) but the producers added it all back in with the dramatic backing track.

I love it and can’t believe it’s 20 year old. 2001 was such a great pop year.

Kate Bush - Lily

Comment

Loved this version of the song

Comment

Working...
                      X