Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monica - All Eyez On Me

And heeeeeere's Jami with the latest on all decent R&B and hiphop! :grin:

Got a listen to Monica's new single All Eyez On Me, its a Darkchild track and it's cool.

http://avexjun2.com.ne.kr/alleyez.rm

Tell me what you think!
    http://profiles.myspace.com/users/6321635

its alrite ... pretty funky actually! her voice has gone n dun a "brandy" i.e. sounds alot more richer/better than the boy is mine album! wicked, can see me bopping me hed in tha clubs!

Comment

Nice one! I'm definitely feelin' the retro vibe to this track. Sounds like something Michael Jackson could have made.
      from
      CRAIG (CJ)
      (soul/R&B/hip hop moderator)

Comment

I'm thinking it's another leftover track that Rodney did for Micheal actually, now that you mention it! I read that Monica has a track on her album with MJ addlibbing on it, didnt Brandy have that too, from working with Rodney?

Comment

her voice has gone n dun a "brandy"
          Exactly. It's alright.

Comment

Damn Jami - U just made my day! I think that the song kick ass! :grin: It's sooo wicked! Monica's done it again. Hopefully the single will be released soon so then her new album can come out!

And yes, Michael did back-up sing on a track from Brandy's "Full Moon" album.
            Baaaaad relationship??
            The lyric video for my new single TRIP THE ALARM here!

♬ Keen addictions, between afflictions, I guess I had it coming...

Comment

:grin: Glad I could make your day! Someone told me her whole album was posted on some website- gotta love the internet I'm looking forward to her album as well, didnt get her first 2 but if the second single is good too, I'll get it.

Comment

it is a really cool song, and yes her voice does sound different, the only thing is it acks a bit of oomph in the chorus! if that makes sense!
                i wanna travel through time, see your surprise, hold you so tight - i'm counting down the days

Comment

Well I've got her "The Boy Is Mine" album and am real lookin' forward to the new LP. Technically, "All Eyez On Me" is the second single (remember 'Just Another Girl' - the undeserved flop). These 2 songs alone would make me wanna by it - but I know that there'll be even more kick-ass songs.
                  Baaaaad relationship??
                  The lyric video for my new single TRIP THE ALARM here!

♬ Keen addictions, between afflictions, I guess I had it coming...

Comment

Yeah, it's a pretty good song to me. I like the way Darkchild revamped the old "PYT" beat from Michael Jackson. MJ's cameo was a pleasant surprise too...

Comment

Excellent track :smile:

Comment

Monica's new album is called "Monica", and this time round she has co-written all the tracks on the album. It features production by Rodney Jerkins (as you will all know!), Jermaine Dupri and Dallas Austin. It will feature the tracks "U Should've Known", "I Wrote This Song", "Hurts The Most", "Down 4 Whatever" and the single "All Eyez On Me". The lyrics on this album are pretty serious, dealing with a friend of hers who committed suicide, and an ex-boyfriend who was sent to prison. The album will be released via J Records (Alicia Keys, Busta Rhymes), the label set up by Clive Davis, the man who discovered her and signed her to Arista Records.

Comment

I so love "Just Another Girl" and "All Eyez on Me" from this album!!!

Comment

She really saved that era

Comment

'All Eyez On Me' is one of her best songs and proves she does really good uptempo.

Comment

She should have just released this album in late 2001. I think it has been finished by that time.

Comment

I always loved this song and it also happens to have one of her better videos. I used to hear this and Too Hood a lot in 2002 on my Urban station, surprised they weren't bigger. Both of those songs were HOT but especially Too Hood. It deserved to smash!

Comment

I liked this one too.

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack
                                      She should have just released this album in late 2001. I think it has been finished by that time.
                                      I think the only reason she didn't release was because of serious personal issues. She didn't have time to focus on this.

Comment

Oh my god! I keep on discussing the album when this is the single thread!

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack
                                          Oh my god! I keep on discussing the album when this is the single thread!
                                          You better stop or you will get banned!

Someone should make distinction though

Comment

Got this single
                                            Love MJs sample
                                            | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Originally posted by preyan
                                              Got this single
                                              Love MJs sample

Comment

I Loved this song and wish Monica would add a couple of Pop/nB songs on her next cd.

Comment

Originally posted by divasummer
                                                  I Loved this song and wish Monica would add a couple of Pop/nB songs on her next cd.
                                                  I agree!

Comment

Working...
                                                  X