Whitney Houston - I Look To You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheRealest
    This was a good album even before she passed. She could have really had a mainstream radio comeback if they released the right singles. Call You Tonight & For The Lovers were hits waiting to happen.
    Million Dollar Bill was a bona fide hit.
    I don't know why it wasn't a big hit in the US (it was top 5 in the UK).

So I think CYT and FTL would certainly flop too.

Comment

• If My Love Is Your Love wasn't a great album, I don't know what is. :-?
      So, what were you guys missing on that album?

Comment

• Originally posted by intosoul
        If My Love Is Your Love wasn't a great album, I don't know what is. :-?
        I think most agree it's a great album. The point is I don't think Whitney has that one classic, flawless album like the other big divas do. Which never harmed her legacy or catalogue as has been said her greatest hits is outstanding.

Comment

I was a casual Whitney listener but MLIYL album made me a stan! That album was pure urban bliss for me.
          It spoke to the new generation at that time. The beats, the hooks, the melody.
          | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealest
            This was a good album even before she passed. She could have really had a mainstream radio comeback if they released the right singles. Call You Tonight & For The Lovers were hits waiting to happen.
            Million Dollar Bill was a bona fide hit.
            I don't know why it wasn't a big hit in the US (it was top 5 in the UK).

So I think CYT and FTL would certainly flop too.
            It only made #5 in the UK because she performed on X-Factor.
            Her big promo on the US was the Oprah special, which gave the album a sales spike in its 3rd week rather than the single.

Comment

• Originally posted by naughtynae
              Originally posted by intosoul
              The point is I don't think Whitney has that one classic,
              But she has: "Whitney Houston"

Comment

Originally posted by naughtynae
                Let's just agree to disagree.

Comment

My Love Is Your Love is my favourite Whitney album, but there are a few tracks I don't care for and some of the Missy/Darkchild production sounds very dated now.

Comment

• Originally posted by naughtynae
                    You can't disagree on something factual.
                    You can only say that you don't like the music.

There are many albums I don't like, but I can't deny they are classics.

Comment

• quote="intosoul"]
                      You can't disagree on something factual.
                      You can only say that you don't like the music.

There are many albums I don't like, but I can't deny they are classics. [/quote]
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      I agree, I wonder what some people consider a classic, flawless album is if no Whitney Houston album fits the list.
                      Whitney Houston

Comment

• Million Dollar Bill still wasn't right for America in 2009. She needed something that could smash on R&B radio and crossover.

Comment

• Whitney was never going to smash singles-wise, she was past her prime at the time she released this, the only consolation was she had a huge following that supported the album, it was a hit in most people's books. It's so sad that when you look back, it was like a final album in the making, it seemed like she was already bidding farewell in most of the songs. I love that it sounded so raw, she had all the producers to digitally modify her 'damaged' vocals but she still took the high road and showcased both her vocal strengths and flaws. "A Song for You" is the only song that shouldn't have made the cut, it had grating vocals all throughout, the raw version of "I Look to You" with R. Kelly would have been a better replacement track.

Comment

• The title track remains one of my favorite songs of all time

Comment

• This album was really good. I miss her.
                              Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

• Salute is soooo good, this was my anthem!
                                My other Favorite is Like I Never Leff

Oh Whitney <3

Comment

• Re: Whitney Houston - I Look To You

What a great album this was! Been playing it all day today, and I'm so happy that I gave it a spin after such a long time.

I Look To You, Worth It and Salute are flawless songs. The whole album is one of the greatest comebacks.

Do you guys think I Look To You would make a good first dance song? Or is it lil too sad?

Comment

• Originally posted by DOSSOME
                                    The title track remains one of my favorite songs of all time

Comment

I still play Million Dollar Bill.
                                      Call You Tonight reminds me of my mother and stepfather going to a club during old school night.
                                      Diva!!!

Comment

• Call You Tonight is still my favorite Whitney song
                                        Haven't been early since '88

Comment

This is such a strong album, I hear it from time to time.

IDKMOS still feels so raw and emotional.
                                          You ain't gotta break down,
                                          YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

• Like I never left - is just a classic
                                            Forever Young

Comment

• Originally posted by mattsky View Post
                                              Call You Tonight is still my favorite Whitney song
                                              and this too! this song has so many bops. vocally it was shakey but it was a solid record
                                              Forever Young

Comment

• She sang so many songs on this album, as if she was singing for her life. Like I Never Left, I Look To You, cover of Song For You, Didn’t Know My Own Strength. It’s like she was trying to tell us something.
                                                | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• She sang so many songs on this album, as if she was singing for her life. Like I Never Left, I Look To You, cover of Song For You, Didn’t Know My Own Strength. It’s like she was trying to tell us something.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X