Jupiter Ace - 1000 Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jupiter Ace - 1000 Years

I was quite suprised that i could not find a topic on this one already, so thought i'd start one myself - better late than never!

This really is a quality Funky House record. 1st heard it back in September I believe when Jules Started playing it. Since then it's bin picked up by Tong aswell and reached the DMC Buzz chart number 1. Still not sick of it in the slightlest though!

The Instrumentation and bass line are Fab, and the vocals are certainly quite addictive! I also heard it mentioned that it might be on the radio 1 playlist before long aswell?

I was very enthusiastic when I first heard it and played it quite often for a couple of weeks, but then the bubble burst.
    I don't know how a good song can become boring so soon.

Well, maybe it's not that good after all.

Comment

I'm actually wondering what's happening with this - Jules played it again on his show yesterday, so presumably it's still current.

Is meant to be coming out on Manifesto at some point, who do have an impressive catalogue of forthcoming releases (probably the most impressive come to think of it), but it certainly seems to be taking its time to materialise.

Regards,

Cypher

Comment

Originally posted by Cypher

Is meant to be coming out on Manifesto at some point, who do have an impressive catalogue of forthcoming releases (probably the most impressive come to think of it), but it certainly seems to be taking its time to materialise.
        Have you been mailed any promos yet, Cypher?

Comment

Nope! - I only have the Oxyd import 12".

Regards,

Cypher

Comment

Have this on my playlist but it's been kicking around for so long now i'm actually kinda bored of it, Jules played it as Track #1 of his show two weeks running the two weekends before last though so I guess he really wants it released...Pretty sure Tong played it a month or so back, maybe even longer...

Definitely a track I like, just think it's taking too long to be released properly...

About the time I first heard this track Jules also played a Lovefreekz remix by Jupiter Ace which I really like! Noticed the Cutup Brothers use it as a background to a mashup almost every week too...would definitely like to hear more of JA's work!
            Nick Laws

Comment

Actually quite like this, really the vocals.

Comment

Good, it has something "atmospheric" but aside of that it's nothing special.

Comment

liked this tune when i first got out a few months ago. I have the clear red vinyl on oxyd but when's the official UK release on which label ? & any remixes due on promos ?

Comment

This tune totally does it for me at the minute. Been hearing it a lot lately and I wasn't sure who it was at first but whenever it comes on now I turn the stereo right up. Very funky tune and fantastic vocals make a great song!!!
                    Yeah Yeah Yeah, We Could Do This Forever!

Comment

Originally posted by djchewy
                      liked this tune when i first got out a few months ago. I have the clear red vinyl on oxyd but when's the official UK release on which label ? & any remixes due on promos ?
                      Manifesto have it, but still havent promoted it to the clubs. So will they ever bother I wonder....

Comment

Yeah it is a great record, but really taking it's time to come about. It's still getting the occasional airing from Tong aswell and I'm still not bored of it even now, 8 months on from when I first heard it!

Comment

I really like this, great atmosphere!

Comment

i love the song, the bassline is fab. Its got such a small amount of words but it really fits.
                            Recently got a copy of the instrumental aswell, even better!
                            my top 3
                            NO 03_ freemasons-loveonmymind
                            NO 02_ djfalcon-highagain
                            NO 01_ soulseekerz-turnmeupsidedown

Comment

Unsure if this has been out for a while but my boredom has been taken away by the fact it now seems to have a full vocal on top of it now. On previous plays it's always only had the simple one line, on todays Jules show it had a great vocal linked to it too..
                              Nick Laws

Comment

Yeah, I just heard the new vocal for the first time a few moments ago. Took me quite by suprise as I wasn't expecting it!

On first impressions I don't think the vocal is that good, nor that bad. It sounds just like ur average vocal added just to give commercial viability to a dance record. I still like the tune and am just glad to see that it is FINALLY now ready for a commercial release .

Comment

CDR Promo on Manifesto

1 Radio Edit
                                  2 Extended Mix
                                  3 Full Intention Mix
                                  4 Richard F Vocal Mix
                                  5 Paul Masterson Mix
                                  6 Original Mix

Comment

I noticed this tune has a lot of hype but I don't think it really does much for me. I found out too that the vocals are from the gal who did the vocals for Michael Gray's 'The Weekend'. Cool
                                    --------WaxMechaniK--------

Comment

Originally posted by WaxMechaniK
                                      I noticed this tune has a lot of hype but I don't think it really does much for me. I found out too that the vocals are from the gal who did the vocals for Michael Gray's 'The Weekend'. Cool
                                      Oh I didn't know it was the same woman, absolutely love "The Weekend", one of my favourite tunes. Haven't heard the full vocal mix but I shall be listening out now!!

Comment

I love this tune!!
                                        Thought that I was the devil?
                                        But I'm an angel waiting for my wings.

Comment

Finally managed to catch the new vocal version of this and it is simply fantastic. It definitely needed more vocals as it was just empty in places and now they've done themselves proud. This should be huge when released with any luck!!

Comment

This is a catchy tune. Heard it on Galaxy the other night and it definitely stuck on my head.

Comment

best mix of this has to be th paul masterson remix

rocks

Comment

and the richard F but above is the best for me

Comment

Released 11 July as follows:

CD-Maxi
                                                  1. 1000 Years (Just Leave Me Now) Radio Edit
                                                  2. 1000 Years (Just Leave me Now) Original Mix
                                                  3. 1000 Years (Just Leave Me Now) Full Intention Remix
                                                  4. 1000 Years (Just Leave Me Now) Richard F Vocal Remix
                                                  5. 1000 Years (Just Leave Me Now) Paul Masterson Remix
                                                  6. 1000 Years (Just Leave Me Now) Video
                                                  7. 1000 Years - FREE REALTONE

Comment

Working...
                                                  X