No announcement yet.

Jupiter Ace - 1000 Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jupiter Ace was really in his prime back then. He did some great remixes of Lovefreekz - Shine, Rava - Hot Tin Groove, Deux - Sun Rising Up and Paul Masterson - What U Got. There was something about his sound that really made me smile.
    Stand wipers unite!

Comment

I think one of the biggest and most obvious problems over the last couple of years has been the comendeering of dance music by pop acts like dizzy rascal, lady gaga, and the black eyed peas.

This has polarised dance music into a very commercial and cheesy stuff, and underground monotonous trash. There doesn't seem to be as much in between these days which is where the highest quality dance is ussually found IMO. I think it's been that way for a good 2 or 3 years now actually.

Although I did think David Guetta fitted nicely in to this slot at one point, but he's been comondeered too by the pop world, as have many of the quality producers from the mid noughties into doing rather more cheesy remixes of pop tracks with seemingly much less time to concentrate on quality dance music.

Perhaps when dance music's commercial revival ends again, things might start to go back to how they were.

Comment

Really loved this back then!

Comment

Originally posted by lexus
          I think one of the biggest and most obvious problems over the last couple of years has been the comendeering of dance music by pop acts like dizzy rascal, lady gaga, and the black eyed peas.

This has polarised dance music into a very commercial and cheesy stuff, and underground monotonous trash. There doesn't seem to be as much in between these days which is where the highest quality dance is ussually found IMO. I think it's been that way for a good 2 or 3 years now actually.

Although I did think David Guetta fitted nicely in to this slot at one point, but he's been comondeered too by the pop world, as have many of the quality producers from the mid noughties into doing rather more cheesy remixes of pop tracks with seemingly much less time to concentrate on quality dance music.

Perhaps when dance music's commercial revival ends again, things might start to go back to how they were.
          I think you've got it spot on there. This definitely has a lot to do with the huge decline in the quality of dance music these days.

Those pop/urban acts who have been trying to make dance (and doing it wrong, IMO) have driven away all the attention from quality dance acts. This has resulted in said dance acts splitting into either the rubbish pop/electro/urban stuff or the underground club stuff which has almost no chance of crossing over. And that, as you have said, has killed the middle ground which I have now realised is needed.
          Stand wipers unite!

Comment

Yeah the dance scene needs its Fragma's, Dario G's, Sash's, Ian Van Dahl's, Basement Jaxx's, etc...

Comment

Really annoying this isn’t on Spotify, I used to absolutely love this and played it in my car loads at the time. Haven’t heard it in years.

Comment

Working...
              X