Destiny's Child - Survivor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destiny's Child - Survivor

Does anyone have the album yet, what are your thoughts of it?
    The 1st single "Survivor" is the best single this year (so far)
    You're the one I need, My real life has just began, cause theres nothing like your smile made of sun...

Try reading the review in the reviews section.

Comment

Its the best album Ive heard for ages and was totally worth the wait.

The harmonies are a lot better, you can actually hear all their voices and not just beyonces layered loads of times like on the writings on the wall. My favourite tracks are Bootylicious and out of the ballads brown eyes.

plus listen out for the best lyric of the year 'I dont think your ready for this Jelly'...amazing.

Comment

Only heard it once but it's pretty good already. Bootylicious has an amazing sound! The Gospel midley is a bit boring (not melodic enough) and the last track (girls reciting the credits) isn't really necessary, but it's definitely cool album :smile:

Comment

i was suprised that i actually liked the album, as i think the single sucks, but the album is very good.

Comment

hmm... u guys think its pretty good huh? i think its a rip off! nothing new and exciting! i totally expected to much! it could get drowsy sumtimes and cuz i didnt see and hear any diff from the 2 cds (the writings on the wall and survivor)

its pretty good though... 5/10

:smile:
            Oscar Wilde: "The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.

Comment

THE COOLEST ALBUM OF THA YR!!!! my fave songs r bootylicious :smile: story of beauty :smile: Dangerously in love :smile: Survivor :grin: and a few more i can't remember..... :S oh well

Comment

What tracks do you guys think would make the best singles from the Survivor album? There's 3 which stand out to me that would make amazing singles - Nasty Girl, Happy Face and Dangerously In Love. Particularly the latter - it's beautiful and a fresh take on ballads.
                from
                CRAIG (CJ)
                (soul/R&B/hip hop moderator)

Comment

the story of beaty would be a good single

Comment

To be honest The Story Of Beauty is my least favourite track on the album. Although there is sentiment behind the song, the production doesn't fit with it and is too uplifting and throw away. I don't think it's anything special and whereas most DC tracks are obviously by them, this could have been made by anyone coz the style has been heard a thousand times b4.
                    from
                    CRAIG (CJ)
                    (soul/R&B/hip hop moderator)

Comment

I think SURVIVOR IS A REAL Sh*T since the kikin out of LeToya and LaTavia,and Farrah the group has lost its soul.... And I think Anjel gonna be better tan DC3 if they put in their album everything that was good in The Writting on the Wall... but i think it gonna be as.....I heard Farrah's voice and i think her solo gonna be better than beyoncé 's

Comment

How comes this has so fews posts?

Anyway - to me this is the best album of all time, I love every single track. Absolute classic.
                        Hater-bitch, we're taking you to the left.

Comment

Originally posted by Tavia_s_lover
                          I think SURVIVOR IS A REAL Sh*T since the kikin out of LeToya and LaTavia,and Farrah the group has lost its soul.... And I think Anjel gonna be better tan DC3 if they put in their album everything that was good in The Writting on the Wall... but i think it gonna be as.....I heard Farrah's voice and i think her solo gonna be better than beyoncé 's

And today Farrah is working on K-Mart...
                          Lights! Somebody gettin' fired...

Comment

Originally posted by Tavia_s_lover
                            LMAO the Irony in this quote is priceless.
                            *My Persuassion can Build a nation*

Comment

The Story Of Beauty should've been a single and Happy Face aswell!

Comment

I've always disliked this album. Despite a couple of strong tracks it's just a mess IMO.

Comment

OMG a mess? How do you mean??
                                  Its perfect !
                                  Hater-bitch, we're taking you to the left.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshuaBuzz
                                    OMG a mess? How do you mean??
                                    Its perfect !
                                    His opinion.

For me personally it's a classic.

Comment

It's just full of weird beats and bland ballads. I think "Writings..." and "Destiny Fulfilled" are superior in pretty much every way.

I'm not even a fan of "Independent Women" or the title track to be honest.

Comment

I love this album! The singles are amazing. 'Independent Women', 'Survivor', 'Bootylicious', 'Nasty Girl' and 'Emoion' are five great DC3 singles! They were on fie this era.

That said, I think the best tracks on the album are 'Fancy' and 'Happy Face'. Where 'Fancy' is full of attitude, the latter is so uplifting and catchy! Should've been a single.

I'm sad to say it, but the album includes some fillers as well. I think overall 'The Writings On The Wall' is superior. 'Survivor' is much better than 'Destiny Fulfilled' though!
                                        Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

WOW i can say this is one of the best Pop/R&B Album of all time. All tracks are great!

My favorite:
                                          1. Survivor
                                          2. Fancy - should've been a single instead of Nasty Girl
                                          3. Independent Women Pt I
                                          4. Brown Eyes - should've been a single, or maybe a promo single for Beyonce solo
                                          5. The Story of Beauty - should've been a single instead of Emotion
                                          6. Apple Pie A La Mode - love Kelly's line

Comment

i loved Fancy!
                                            i loved Sexy Daddy too haha.
                                            && Apple Pie A La Mode; obv i loved Brown Eyes that song is just perfect!

Comment

I think it's one their weakest output. TWOTW and DF are much much better. Although it did yield one of my fav DC song ever; Brown Eyes. And Nasty Girl is just too hilarious for words lol
                                              Emeli | Taylor

Comment

for some reasons Brown Eyes was a huge radio hit in my country with no video . Even i can say it's their signature here, along with Lose My Breath & Stand Up

Comment

i think DF is there best album!

Comment

Working...
                                                  X