No announcement yet.

Destiny's Child - Survivor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This album is amazing, it's crazy how it is a lot more for the young crowd than their previous albums.

Destiny's Child and The Writing's on the Wall were both so mature for their ages at the time!

Comment

Re: Destiny's Child - Survivor

This may not be my fave DC3 album but this is the staple diet for a DC fan out there. 16 years this year. WTF!!!
      | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

I love Fancy

Comment

This album may not be their best or a fan favorite BUT the singles from it cemented DC's place in Pop Culture for sure! Independent Women/Survivor/Bootylicious were ICONIC ANTHEMS & as much flack as DC may get for those hits today, you can not tell me that a 5th Harmony, a Little Mix or any other up & coming Girl Group wouldn't kill for these type of SMASH hits today!

Comment

This album is pure ass but made them pop stars so that's that on that.
            Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealest
              I love Fancy
              If they had released "Fancy" as the fifth single instead of "Nasty Girl" they could've gotten 5 consecutive top 10 hits but well...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBlanco
                This album may not be their best or a fan favorite BUT the singles from it cemented DC's place in Pop Culture for sure! Independent Women/Survivor/Bootylicious were ICONIC ANTHEMS & as much flack as DC may get for those hits today, you can not tell me that a 5th Harmony, a Little Mix or any other up & coming Girl Group wouldn't kill for these type of SMASH hits today!
                Well, to be fair, Fifth Harmony and Little Mix did not have a Tommy Mottola to do the work.

Remember, Mariah accused him of sabotaging "Loverboy" which almost went to #1 but was suddenly blocked by "Bootylicious" back in 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by ThaInfo1
                  This album is pure ass but made them pop stars so that's that on that.
                  +1

The only song on this I've kept is Bootylicious.
                  Floped and localed

Comment

you know im not gon diss you on the internet cause my momma taught me better than that

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack
                      Well, to be fair, Fifth Harmony and Little Mix did not have a Tommy Mottola to do the work.

Remember, Mariah accused him of sabotaging "Loverboy" which almost went to #1 but was suddenly blocked by "Bootylicious" back in 2001.
                      That had nothing to do with DC! Survivor was already riding high before that! Jennifer Lopez was Tommy's project & puppet, that's Mariah's enemy! Tommy was running Sony when DC was out BUT they were not a direct discovery or product of Tommy like Mariah & J-Lo were! Loverboy was a smash but DC was unstoppable at that time! Did Independent Women sabotage anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack

Nope! DC was riding high before that! DC was not a product or puppet of Tommy like J-Lo was! That's why Mariah doesn't have animosity toward Beyoncé as she does toward J-Lo! DC was on top of the world at that point & as good as Loverboy was, it wasn't the Pop Culture Phenomenon that Bootylicious was!

Comment

My least favourite album from them. This definitely has a few of their classic singles and album cuts but they were never going to match the brilliance of The Writing's on the Wall.

Comment

All the songs here were great up until the mega cringe-worthy outro thank you. It was the most contrived song about their sisterhood.

Beyoncé and Kelly both thank God for bringing Michelle in and have their lengthy share of thank yous to each other while Michelle got a bridge part where she had to thank Beyoncé and Kelly in one message with a bible verse splitting the dedication to each member.

Had there been social media at the time, Michelle would probably have quit the group even before "Bootylicious" came out, especially if she knew how she is portrayed from the audience's point of view.

Comment

Their worse album. A guilty pleasure.

Comment

Survivor was their sell-out moment. After two albums of ratchet and hoodrat material, they became a lot more ghey pop with this album to build their international audience.
                                Originally posted by beredy

When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT, GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

The single is a lyrical masterpiece.

You know I'm not gon compromise my christianity coz my moma taught me beter than thaaaaat

Comment

You know I'm not gon compromise my christianity coz my moma taught me beter than thaaaaat

Comment

You know I'm not gon compromise my christianity coz my moma taught me beter than thaaaaatt

Comment

You know I'm not gon compromise my christianity coz my moma taught me beter than thaaaaatt

Comment

This was the most anticipated album of 2001. Clocking in 663,275 copies in its first week and the highest first-week sales of a girl group ever. I remember being so obsessed then, "Brown Eyes" should have been released as the fifth single, it was so huge in Asia (it's probably their most popular single in the Asian region). It could have been the group's standard original ballad.

Comment

Also my least favorite DC album, but iconic af at the same time

Comment

Working...
                                            X