John Legend - Ordinary People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Legend - Ordinary People

I surprised there hasnt already been a topic on this... ...

Anyways, Ordinary People is the new single from John Legend. The video has been on the music channels for a couple of weeks. The video isnt what I expected, but it works.

Id like to know what everyone else thinks of this song, because its not your average slice of R&B

Good song... definitely the best I've heard from him.
    Freaky Fly Bry's Top 100

M4B Charts Central

Comment

WOW! I never even knew there was no topic on this. This song is excellent, but I killed it at christmas time. I don't listen to it anymore. Hope it has mediocre success in the U.K.
      WHAT HAPPENED TO UKMIX ???
      All the Fighting and Arguments are getting old now, lets get back to talking about the MUSIC

Comment

I like the song alot read my sig...Anyway his album is great by the way.
        Favorite new shows this fall season '06

1. Heroes
        2. Ugly Betty
        3. Six Degrees

Comment

Can someone please upload this song...I wanna hear!
          "I'm overwhelmed with gratitude, 'cause baby I'm so thankful I've found you.."

Comment

This aint as good as Used To Love U
            A Ding Ding Ding Ding Bar Bar Bar Bar Bar Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Comment

I really like the song .
              I prefer Used to love U but this one is good although .
              I hope Alright would be the third single .
              Let me be me for me and not what I'm supposed to be.

Comment

This is an awesome song!
                "It's so COOOOOOOOOOOLD in the D."

Comment

I never really got into the album..The singles are the only 2 songs I really like on it.

I expected much more from the album...

Comment

I like this track and video...but after listening to the album was a lil disapointed....its good but could have been better....

also has anyone heard "Money Blown" which was an xclusive track on the UK "Used To Love You" single?...I really liked that one, the lyrics were quite deep...y was it not put on the album??!!

Cant find a full version of the track but here's a short clip from part of the song:

http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/legend_jo ... lbum.jhtml
                    It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it...

Comment

yeah, good song!

Comment

Originally posted by BabyGirl82
                        I like this track and video...but after listening to the album was a lil disapointed....its good but could have been better....
                        I agree, the album was a bit of a disappointment considering how excellent the singles were

Has anyone heard the remix that Trevor Nelson played on his Saturday radio show? Its nowhere near as good as the original the backing beat takes away from the simplicity of the song.

I hope radio continues to play the album version...

Comment

I think this song is STUNNING! I prefer it to "Used To Love U" actually...

I'm quite surprised you all think the album is somewhat of a letdown... I thought it was a pretty solid album!
                          "This time I'm gonna get it right. I'm gonna paint my face like the Guggenheim!"

Comment

I just saw the video before and both the song and video are great! Part of me thinks it would sound better with some backing vocals, but then it sounds a bit more, um, raw without them...
                            You said turn around so I cannot see your tears falling...

Comment

Re: John Legend - Ordinary People

Originally posted by Molasses

Anyways, Ordinary People is the new single from John Legend. The video has been on the music channels for a couple of weeks. The video isnt what I expected, but it works.

Id like to know what everyone else thinks of this song, because its not your average slice of R&B

i talked about this artist back 2 months ago , specially in the question : what s the best chill out R$ B album ...and i got no feedback from nobody .
                              But one thing for sure , anytime i post a link to a video or an mp3 , i got shot fom negative people jumping it s a repost , it s a repost , it s a repost
                              and i am sure those people they never post anything beside saying it is a repost .

Comment

Re: John Legend - Ordinary People

Originally posted by musiclover

i talked about this artist back 2 months ago , specially in the question : what s the best chill out R$ B album ...and i got no feedback from nobody .
                                But one thing for sure , anytime i post a link to a video or an mp3 , i got shot fom negative people jumping it s a repost , it s a repost , it s a repost
                                and i am sure those people they never post anything beside saying it is a repost .
                                wtf?? I dont know what you mean :-? I innocently started a topic on this new single!

Comment

it s not against you molasses ...

here is the topic when i talked about his album
                                  http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22400

Comment

I love this track I keep hearing a remix of it on the radio, not sure if its the same as the one you've heard Molasses, but im not overly keen on it - prefer the album version myself

Musiclover, i know what you mean, i started a topic a few months ago here and it didnt do well either Anyway i really rate this album He's doing a few gigs this month but noone will come with me to see him so i'll just have to make do with listening to the album

Just found this - interesting remix http://hardtofindrecordsrecordstore.com ... 153665.mp3

http://hardtofindrecordsrecordstore.com ... 156211.mp3

Comment

Thank you Buzzy,
                                      i ve nver heard this remix before .

Comment

Dont suppose anyone here is going to see John Legend while he's in the UK? Playing London SB tonight and tomorrow night...

Comment

Has anyone heard the remix that Trevor Nelson played on his Saturday radio show? Its nowhere near as good as the original the backing beat takes away from the simplicity of the song.
                                          I like the song Trevor played much better.
                                          Do you (or anyone) know where I can get the song from?
                                          I've tried everywhere hoping to download it but no luck so far.

Comment

John Legend was on Jo Whiley's Live Lounge this week. He played an acoustic version of Ordinary People & a cover of Lauryn Hill's Ex Factor

Both performances were brilliant, the piano on Ex Factor was definitely something else...

You can listen to it @ Radio 1
                                            http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/jowhiley/li ... ry/1.shtml

The single is out this week, and I think the album will climb into the Top 20 (HMV are selling it for 7.99 )

Comment

thanks for the link

Comment

He was outstanding on Jo Whiley... bloody amazing!

Don't think he worked out the fact that you're supposed to do a random song people wouldn't expect, but hey!

His version of "Ex Factor" was almost as sublime as Lauryns... as for this single. Who cares? Just get the album to number one!!!

Comment

Well I have to say I much prefer the new radio remix, it's a perfect Summer sound, I was never really bothered about the album version.

The remix kinda reminds me of when Bedroom Rockers remixed India Arie's Brown Skin.
                                                  1 SG Lewis |2 Miley Cyrus |3 Paul Woolford|4 NOTD |5 Zero 7

Comment

Working...
                                                  X