Heather Small - Proud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heather Small - Proud

Yes, this hugely underrated song is being re-released in 2 weeks time to mark London being awarded the Olympic games in 2012. Proud has been used as the theme song to London's bid and has experienced an upsurge in popularity, hence the re-release.

Here is the original cover from 2000:

I was appalled when it only reached #16 first time round so this time, I want to see a Top 10 people!
    Ollie - The Christmas EP
    www.myspace.com/olliegoulding

Cool this will be a good theme tune! she deserved top do better in the charts though!! :evil:

Comment

It's practically been adopted by the nation hasn't it? It's used so often in sporting events, gay pride events and anything else where people are achieving something!

I've lost count over how many times it's appeared on the release schedule over the past few years for re-release Hope it goes ahead this time!

Comment

Wonder if it'll lead to a re-release of her album too...dunno if it would make sense just to re-release the single cuz the record company wouldn't make much from that. I suppose they'll see how the single goes...

Comment

I remember my mum loving the song, blasting it out in the car, and me being totaly embarrassed. Anyway, good song, hope it does ok.

Comment

I loved this song - even though i dont usually buy singles I will probably buy this just to support it & the whole london thing...

Comment

Originally posted by crazyman324
              I remember my mum loving the song, blasting it out in the car, and me being totaly embarrassed. Anyway, good song, hope it does ok.
              My mum likes it too! She's never played it in the car though

It must be a mum song.

Comment

Well they believe our presentation was brilliant so thanks to Heather we got it (kinda).
                This will hopefully do well. It's inspiring.

Comment

I ADORE this song. It's so great and inspiring.

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller
                    It's practically been adopted by the nation hasn't it? It's used so often in sporting events, gay pride events and anything else where people are achieving something!

I've lost count over how many times it's appeared on the release schedule over the past few years for re-release Hope it goes ahead this time!
                    I remember her singing it at those Pride Of Britain awards too.
                    1 Jack Wins |2 Holy Molly |3 Agnes |4 Hailee Steinfeld |5 SG Lewis

Comment

Oh is that the ones with Carol Vorderman where little kids get awards for putting out the chip pan fire and calling 999 when their mum was stung by a bee etc?

Comment

I bought this when it was first out, dont really know why as I never listened to it.

I think my Mum should have it.
                        Johnny wanted cream buns for his birthday tea...

Comment

That pic of Heather on the cover looks like Makosi and Science's love child.

Comment

Originally posted by crazyman324
                            That pic of Heather on the cover looks like Makosi and Science's love child.
                            "Can I have a pregnancy test?"

"You get me, you get me"

"I think I'm pregnant with your baby"

"Yo baby makes me crazy, makes me lazy in the house...eh"
                            Johnny wanted cream buns for his birthday tea...

Comment

Oh is that the ones with Carol Vorderman where little kids get awards for putting out the chip pan fire and calling 999 when their mum was stung by a bee etc?
                              Yea and cue Richard Branson and Cilla Black crying!

Does that show still go on?

Comment

Originally posted by SholasBoy
                                Yea and cue Richard Branson and Cilla Black crying!

Does that show still go on?
                                Yes it bloody does :x It's TV pollution with the likes of Claire Sweeney and Natasha Kaplinsky turning up over a sniff of 4.99 champagne!

"I couldn't believe it Carol, I thought I were done for until our Chelsea managed to push the quadbike off me legs!

I don't give a toss if you stopped your nan from drowning in the bath, I'm not singing live!

I can't believe it duck, I met Michael Jackson as well!

I've got a fanny like a vice, you up fer it?

I wanted Westlife.

I'll sell ya this lump of plasticine for 6,000,000.

I'll tell you now Cherie, just stick to one sprout a day and a bit of kipper and you'll lose ten stone in a week!

Tell them I don't look like a tranny!

Don't speak Judy, you'll spoil it.

Ooh yeah, mail order she was, cheap as ya like!

'Ello treacle, I'm Martine "I'd even stand by a family of inbreds to get in a photo" McCutcheon!

Oh f*ck this, I'm off for a curry.

Comment

LOL LOL LOL

Comment

Ste's Personal Chart 2020

Comment

When is this released? Anyone know the formats and tracklistings - can't wait!

Comment

I can't believe it duck, I met Michael Jackson as well!

Oh f*ck this, I'm off for a curry.

I think I wet meself!

Comment

LMAO - those captions where hilarious
                                          You said turn around so I cannot see your tears falling...

Comment

According to HMV.co.uk, this single will be out on July 18th with the following tracklisting:

1. Proud
                                            2. Don't Give Up The Fight
                                            3. Wonderful World

http://www2.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayPro ... sku=348079

Comment

According to HMV.co.uk, this single will be out on July 18th with the following tracklisting:

1. Proud
                                              2. Don't Give Up The Fight
                                              3. Wonderful World

http://www2.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayPro ... sku=348079

Comment

Contender for worst cover of the year?
                                                Ollie - The Christmas EP
                                                www.myspace.com/olliegoulding

Comment

Originally posted by ollie44

Contender for worst cover of the year?
                                                  Without a doubt!

Every expense spared!

Comment

Working...
                                                  X