• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rachel Stevens - Come And Get It

Rachel's new album comes out October 10 called 'Come and Get It.'

RACHEL STEVENS NEW ALBUM

Rachel Releases her new album
    'COME AND GET IT'

Nearly two years after the release of her debut solo album, Rachel Stevens returns with a collection of songs so strong and inventive they are simply impossible to ignore. Bursting with an electric mix of contemporary pop anthems, her sensational second album 'Come And Get It' will be released though Polydor/19 Entertainment on October 10th.

The style and swagger of Rachel's new material oozes maturity and confidence. A rich mix of stylish, decadent and sophisticated sounds, 'Come And Get It' is pure pop gold. Already featuring a collection of Top 10 hits including 'Negotiate With Love', the defiant, breezily self-confident 'So Good' and smash hit 'Some Girls', 'Come and Get It' is brimming with an exciting and eclectic selection of songs.

Working closely with a few of the UK's hottest talents including Richard X, Rob Davis, former S Club collaborators Jewels & Stone, and, in something of an Alisha's Attic reunion, both Karen and Shelley Poole, Rachel has made an album she's really proud of. From the frenetic 'Crazy Boys' to the melodic tour de force of 'Nothing Good About This Goodbye'; from the electro laced ballad 'I'll Be There' to the sultry, dirty bassline of 'Je M'Appelle' and her forthcoming single, 'I Said Never Again', a sex-with-your-ex anthem whose pummelling glam beats conjure an image of Suzi Quatro duetting with Adam & The Ants, 'Come And Get It' is an album for anyone who appreciates pop music at its best.

Rachel says; "I'm really proud of this album, ever since I started working in music it's been about releasing great pop tracks that everyone can dance and have fun to but this time I also wanted to express more of myself and give people a few surprises along the way. Although I've matured I still want to keep pop fun but a little naughtier!'

'Come And Get It' will be released through Polydor/19 Entertainment Ltd on October 10th.

For further press information please contact; Gary Smith,
    Account Director Henry's House PR
    - 020 7291 3023
    http://www.rachelstevensofficial.co.uk
    source: http://www.19.co.uk/nw.asp?NID=29

tough competition! t.A.T.u. + Sugababes alone...
    Living in your own sweet memory
    Was never how I wanted to be seen

I don't like the title at all, I will buy the album but it's going to flop big time isn't it :-?

Comment

Originally posted by Craig
      I don't like the title at all, I will buy the album but it's going to flop big time isn't it :-?
      Big time? Why? :-?

Comment

Originally posted by Belgo
        Cuz all singles were nearly Top 10... with lots of luck!!!
        i'm living in the future, so the presence is my past. my presence is a present, kiss my ass!

Comment

Originally posted by Belgo
          She's not exactly an album artist is she and considering her last 2 singles which were very good pop songs only just made top 10, I'm just saying I don't think it will do very well.

Comment

I can see this doing alright for her.

Comment

It's not a good time for pop I don't think.
              i know love doesn't change a thing

Comment

I like the album name! Its definitely going to flop unless I Said Never Again performs some miracles in the charts :(
                You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

Well,I don't know how you define a flop,but flopping big time would be like Geri Halliwell's "Passion" or Holly Valance's "State Of Mind".

I really don't think that will happen.

Comment

holly valance didnt flop did she - i thought it got to number 7
                    http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.p ... 696#548696

my ultimate chart

Comment

Originally posted by blink182rcool

sorry to be picky but,

holly valances state of mind the single got to no 8, and it also spent a respectable 10 weeks on the uk top 75 singles chart.

however, the album of the same name, only got to no. 60, spending just one week in the .u.k. top 75 albums chart.

Comment

Originally posted by blade699
                        Originally posted by blink182rcool

sorry to be picky but,

holly valances state of mind the single got to no 8, and it also spent a respectable 10 weeks on the uk top 75 singles chart.

however, the album of the same name, only got to no. 60, spending just one week in the .u.k. top 75 albums chart.

ooooh silly me

they were on about the album.

Comment

I chose "Come And Get It" as my favourite potential title in the Rachel Stevens survey I did! I feel like I named it

Comment

I quite like that title, it's sharp and attention-grabbing.

I can tell this is going to be much better than 'Wanky Dory'.
                            Don't explain yourself 'cos talk is cheap,
                            There's more important things than hearing you speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller
                              I chose "Come And Get It" as my favourite potential title in the Rachel Stevens survey I did! I feel like I named it
                              I didn't. I told them it was a crap name :x They shoulda gone with my suggestion of "Return Of The Stevens".

And this is gonna be a pop masterpiece.
                              i know love doesn't change a thing

Comment

Originally posted by TwistedAngel
                                Originally posted by Thriller
                                I didn't. I told them it was a crap name :x They shoulda gone with my suggestion of "Return Of The Stevens".

And this is gonna be a pop masterpiece.

haha! i would have loved the album to be called return of the steven's! haha LMAO! but this is gonna be a great album!
                                My Nerina Pallot blog - the first to supply you with up-to-date knowledge as it breaks!

Comment

Yeah i'll be buying the album. Don't like the title though. It makes me think she's even more desperate than i did when i heard her singing, "I'm gonna stand the test of time, I'm gonna take back what is mine."

Not good!

Lovin' the avatar Thriller

Comment

where do you think this will chart?

i think around 18?
                                    EnJoY tHe RiDe

Comment

I think it will chart higher than eighteen because it has gotten a lot of very good reviews already. I haven't read a negative review yet. The singles haven't really lived up to reviews, but i still think it will chart in the top five. I predict a no. three.

What is it about the singles do you think? They're quality pop songs but they just haven't been special for me. It's unlikely she'll top Some Girls off this album now.

Comment

i agree i have a feeling that i said never again can get to number 7ish (hopefully!) it is her best song in think its really catchy and fiesty!
                                        EnJoY tHe RiDe

Comment

I meant the album getting to no. three.

I haven't heard the new song yet. Where can i hear it? I didn't even know there was one till just.

Comment

i know you were talking about the album but you said thatthe single wouldnt chart better than some girls and i agreed
                                            EnJoY tHe RiDe

Comment

o k

I think Some Girls was a really special song. She did have it handed to her on a plate, but she worked it perfectly and made it the hit it is.

Comment

Rubbish title!
                                                "I'ma Hold You Down The Same Way You Hold Me"

Danity Kane

Comment

Originally posted by ThePoet
                                                  Rubbish title!
                                                  She should rename it: "Please buy it and help me keep my contract!"

Comment

Working...
                                                  X